Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #151
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Could someone enlighten me as to why no one makes silvia fenders that are not wide, and dont have the air vent behind the front wheel?
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2015, 07:28 AM   #152
MeSs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
MeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by punxva View Post
origin type 2 fits amazing, as well as my legit gt-1 areo fits perfectly with almost no trimming

What did you do to the gas filler cover? I have the same fenders..
Old 02-15-2015, 07:59 AM   #153
91ka24
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
91ka24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I have the ED type u kit, and fitment was awesome!!!! I only had to do literally 3 minutes of sanding on the front bumper corners where they meet the corner of the fender, nothing else besides that. I'm running there 50mm overs as well. No modifying at all, was pretty straight forward install. Here's some pics

Not trying to blow this thread up with pics of my car , just wanted to post a few pics to give people an idea of fitment in case they want to purchase the same kit
Old 02-17-2015, 12:58 PM   #154
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSs View Post
What did you do to the gas filler cover? I have the same fenders..

I trimmed it down and glassed it to the stock metal gas door. It still functions although with my fuel cell i dont use it any more.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #155
sil14zenki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
sil14zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Wise Square front fenders.
Fitment is spot on, no trimming or drilling and quality is top notch.
Can't wait to paint them

Old 04-10-2015, 11:27 AM   #156
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
still wondering if anyone with forcewerkz navan sides and valences will chime in. Besides the guy in this thread
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:08 PM   #157
RwDftMfW

RwDftMfW is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Could someone enlighten me as to why no one makes silvia fenders that are not wide, and dont have the air vent behind the front wheel?
Because some one does
http://www.rhdjapan.com/koguchi-powe...s13-rps13.html
RwDftMfW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:04 PM   #158
NISR20MO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (29)
NISR20MO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RwDftMfW View Post
Not quite, those are mega vented...

As far as a good option though, Broadfield used Chargespeed fenders on his coupe and glassed over the vent. They are hardly wider by any noticeable amount, plus S13's could use the room. I just got a set and they are very nice OEM like fitment and super high quality, but they have a vent.
NISR20MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:51 PM   #159
b145279

Trader Rating: (1)
b145279 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Navan Reproduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
still wondering if anyone with forcewerkz navan sides and valences will chime in. Besides the guy in this thread
I am installing their s14 Navan Repro skirts and rear valances currently and although the rears seem to be a perfect fit, the main issue with the skirt is that it is too tight and does not fit the car properly. It is fiberglass so you cant reshape or stretch it. I am sure this is just the "one in a million" that snuck past quality control and am waiting for a reply from them to perhaps exchange for a new set. I will keep you updated.
b145279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:24 PM   #160
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
Probably just as much help with this because my s14 is gone now, but I had no issues with fitment for my navan kit from forcewerkz. was packaged nice, fit nice, shipped fast. Would purchase from them again.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:28 PM   #161
RwDftMfW

RwDftMfW is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NISR20MO View Post
Not quite, those are mega vented...

As far as a good option though, Broadfield used Chargespeed fenders on his coupe and glassed over the vent. They are hardly wider by any noticeable amount, plus S13's could use the room. I just got a set and they are very nice OEM like fitment and super high quality, but they have a vent.
My bad...totally skipped over asking for them not being wide. But I do like the vent in the back instead of right behind it.
RwDftMfW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:07 AM   #162
Drink&Drift
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Drink&Drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drink&Drift
S14 Rocket Bunny / 6666 30mm rear overfenders, and front vented fenders. had to minor modifying, but happy with how they fit. and they give me plenty of clearance.

Drink&Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:24 PM   #163
DennisC
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
DennisC is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Extreme Dimensions Duraflex M-1 Sport 30mm Rear over fenders for S14
Fitment-9/10
Fit very well once bolted on and I just had to fix a few very minor cracks. Required no trimming.

Only held on with tape

Primed and block sanded

Test fitted with only 8 screws

Painted and installed with 25 rivnuts/screws per side
Old 04-15-2015, 06:36 AM   #164
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

DriftingBrandon is an unknown quantity at this point
Why buy aero parts for $1000 just to remake and refit them? Seems like in the aero side of car parts, company's don't have to put in the effort because customers are ok having crap parts and having to retrim the fenders or Bodykit. A real company should have 9.5/10 fitment 99/100 times. I wonder what makes these company's or makes the customer pay for something they must redo. It is part of the customers fault to be ok to spend $750 for a Bodykit they must redo. I guess the company's Are just taking advantage of the unaware consumer.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:08 AM   #165
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopazBrandon View Post
Why buy aero parts for $1000 just to remake and refit them? Seems like in the aero side of car parts, company's don't have to put in the effort because customers are ok having crap parts and having to retrim the fenders or Bodykit. A real company should have 9.5/10 fitment 99/100 times. I wonder what makes these company's or makes the customer pay for something they must redo. It is part of the customers fault to be ok to spend $750 for a Bodykit they must redo. I guess the company's Are just taking advantage of the unaware consumer.

Clearly you are from Florida.

Fiberglas is a garbage product and no matter how exact the molds are it is hard to make it fit perfect because of materials variability.

Your spoiled by modern prices. $750 back in the day wouldn't have bought a bumper, let alone a whole kit.

Rule of thumb has always been, save on the kit, pay extra on the body work.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:11 AM   #166
Corbic
Post Whore!

I'll drop this in here. Maybe people don't know about gluing fenders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uaLHT8bj7w
Old 04-15-2015, 07:13 AM   #167
jsu1012
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Authentic vertex aero, fitment was perfect. didnt need to trim anything. The quick releases on the front bumper are to take it off to get out of my driveway, not because it didnt fit well.

@streetstyle_jay
jsu1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #168
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Clearly you are from Florida.

Fiberglas is a garbage product and no matter how exact the molds are it is hard to make it fit perfect because of materials variability.

Your spoiled by modern prices. $750 back in the day wouldn't have bought a bumper, let alone a whole kit.

Rule of thumb has always been, save on the kit, pay extra on the body work.
Don't bring that Florida stuff up that has nothing to do with why people are willing to pay a lot for crap products for a expense price. I'm saving for all origin products which fit very well and usually need little to no work. I rather spend money on quality products then give a company money for half ass doing something. I understand Fiberglass molds are difficult to have an oem fitment. But in 2015 I would think something would be possible. And company's have proven that there molds have been great for replica oem fitment. Or so I believe.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:25 AM   #169
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Don't bring that Florida stuff up that has nothing to do with why people are willing to pay a lot for crap products for a expense price. I'm saving for all origin products which fit very well and usually need little to no work. I rather spend money on quality products then give a company money for half ass doing something. I understand Fiberglass molds are difficult to have an oem fitment. But in 2015 I would think something would be possible. And company's have proven that there molds have been great for replica oem fitment. Or so I believe.

Florida has to do with why you have to make these silly statements about "expensive $750 kits".
Old 04-15-2015, 11:30 AM   #170
Drink&Drift
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Drink&Drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drink&Drift
Quote:
Florida has to do with why you have to make these silly statements about "expensive $750 kits".
explain plz
Drink&Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:11 PM   #171
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
$750 is a lot of money regardless. Keep thinking what you want to think.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:25 PM   #172
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
$750 is a lot of money regardless. Keep thinking what you want to think.
$750 for a kit is dirt cheap. try buying a real RocketBunny, Vertex or BN Sports kit... count on shelling out $2000+

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:34 PM   #173
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
$750 for a kit is dirt cheap. try buying a real RocketBunny, Vertex or BN Sports kit... count on shelling out $2000+

No shit. Kids these days.

More than you can afford pal. RWB

RWB Kit is $20k.

FRS Rocket Bunny, $4,500

S13 OEM Type-X front bumper - $750.

Type-X lip was $600 new back in the day.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:04 PM   #174
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
people bitch about my OEM aero bumper replicas and how im raping folks with my prices... funny thing is simple math prooves otherwise...

OEM S13 Silvia Aero Bumper in 1994 - $610 (72,500 yen)
OEM S13 Silvia Aero Bumper if still sold in 2015 by Nissan adjusted for inflation - $966.13 (114,897 yen)

those prices do not include shipping either... shipping on bumpers NOW is roughly $200-$250 in the US depending on where theyre going. so lets do a simple comparison here to what i offer vs whats available now as well...

OEM USED S13 Silvia Aero Bumper w/vents thats 20+ years old in decent shape - $1100 to $1400 shipped
DorkiDori OEM S13 Aero Bumper w/vents - $650 shipped in 48 states

well, i guess im still raping people for a part that not only fits remarkably well, its polyurethane, made in the US (right here in Vegas), comes with vents that are superior to the OEM units given mine are brand new plastic... oh and i offer install help as well!

but yeah, corbic i totally agree with you (for once lol)... kids these days, not all of them by any means as i know quite a few of them who still know how to buy quality parts, but more of less just the ones who refuse to manage their money to pay for good aero and then bitch when their $400 kit doesnt fit like a $2000 kit.

origin is decent quality, theyre a middle tier brand that actually does QC their stuff pretty well... but fitting is still required on their kits.

/end_rant

Old 04-15-2015, 08:17 PM   #175
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
No shit. Kids these days.

More than you can afford pal. RWB

RWB Kit is $20k.

FRS Rocket Bunny, $4,500

S13 OEM Type-X front bumper - $750.

Not worth the effort trying to explain, the kid sold full type x aero(except lip) so he can have shitty fitting aero and be a "hoonigan".
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:36 PM   #176
b145279

b145279 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the point the dude was originally making was that there are many kits by many vendors that fit horribly, and are quite pricey for the quality of product received. If you sell a " quality" repro, then it should fit like the original. If you sell a "crappy, mostly completed, almost like the original and you need to finish it yourself" part, then it should be marketed as such, but vendors frequently misrepresent their all their products as "quality" and the customer is just expected to suck it up.

Last edited by b145279; 04-15-2015 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: reply for different post
b145279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:51 PM   #177
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b145279 View Post
If you sell a "crappy, mostly completed, almost like the original and you need to finish it yourself" part, then it should be marketed as such, but vendors frequently misrepresent their all their products as "quality" and the customer is just expected to suck it up.

hmmmmm, you do have a decent point... but one point that is not being brought up either, S13s are 21+ years old and S14s are 17+ years old at their youngest. most folks dont take into consideration how mistreated, abused and out of shape 240s are anymore. OEM aero doesnt even fit most of them properly without sanding and heatgun/torch work... that and people expect damn near everything to fit perfectly. fitment work (especially on S13s) is usually required in some way or another for damn near stock fitment. its just a shame that there are so many brands and vendors out there who create parts that require SO much work to fit. a light sanding isnt anything that should be complained about... major fitment work like removing 1/4" of material all around fender areas is just embarrassing.

a little elbow grease is always expected when trying to obtain perfect fitment, especially with FRP parts (FRP molds and injection molds like ABS and Polyurethane are 2 vastly different things). but major modification to make a claimed "great fitting part" fit properly if the company is worth its reputation is just embarassing.

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 04-15-2015 at 09:58 PM..
Old 04-15-2015, 09:47 PM   #178
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
Not worth the effort trying to explain, the kid sold full type x aero(except lip) so he can have shitty fitting aero and be a "hoonigan".
Watch it man. You don't always have to be an asshole and you are not always right. I didn't buy a body kit and I'm not buying one to be a hoonigan.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:00 PM   #179
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Watch it man. You don't always have to be an asshole and you are not always right. I didn't buy a body kit and I'm not buying one to be a hoonigan.
Quote:

-
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:04 PM   #180
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

Bye, shouldn't ask help from show car elitists.