Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-07-2020, 09:02 PM   #13171
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
levorg is nice. although dont remember how the production model compares to concept.

that’d be my type of wagon if I had to get new. want something thats relatively fun to drive isnt pushing 4000lbs plus and under $40k
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2020, 09:51 PM   #13172
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ya, the first two are first gens and the last pic is pretty much what the 2nd gen is going to look like.

Still looks like we won't be getting them, though... Maybe Subaru doesn't want it taking away from Forester/ Crosstrek/ Outback sales?
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 06:01 AM   #13173
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The Focus is not a true long roof. I think the reason people swoon is he sits forbidden fruit.

It pales in comparison to the V60 guys, come on. Long live the Volvo wagon!!

I test drove this CC. The Bowers & Will system is the best sound system I?ve ever heard. I pounded like my HS buddies cars that had multiple subs (because it has...multiple subs). It?s not the low low V60 R Design with the Sport Suspension I wanted but don?t have much of a choice right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2020, 11:53 AM   #13174
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
My guess would be Subaru doesn't see there being a market for a compact wagon. Sad because to me that's a lot more attractive than the abominable crosstrek.

I would be much tempted to get another subaru if they offered a sti station wagon. even wrx wagon is okay as long as I can get it with a manual and not their cvt. failing that an sg forester xt project car is not such a bad idea either.

another wagon id love is the evo 9 station wagon. Probably not worth the hassle though
https://japancardirect.com/listings/...vo-wagon-2006/
Old 08-08-2020, 09:29 PM   #13175
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Who's gonna save this one?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 09:41 PM   #13176
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
That Volvo Wagon is awesome.

The Jag XF-S sportbrake looks good as well.

Though i am still a huge fan of the CTS-V Wagon.

Old 08-09-2020, 07:15 AM   #13177
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
failing that an sg forester xt project car is not such a bad idea either.
Yes, it is a bad idea. Mine is down for it's third major catastrophe in two years, and that doesn't even include "minor" stuff like brakes, suspension, shitty paint, and constant wind noise. I thought everyone else was just "doing it wrong" and if I dumped enough money into OEM-or-better parts it would be fine. Wrong.
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 12:41 PM   #13178
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

oh wow even the newer sg is no good? I was hoping to keep an xt close to stock rather than go for some elaborate sti swap.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:31 PM   #13179
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
on the subject of wagons...

I don't see how it is even close...

Also can't wait for a new Manual Trans Supra...
Old 08-09-2020, 04:02 PM   #13180
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
that fucking Audi is right in the good feels! do it come with 3rd pedal tho?

audi is like the ONE euro brand that hits exterior (and even interior) aesthetics on the fucking head of the nail!!! well, except for those weird early 2000s bubbly years, we just dont talk about those lol.

EDIT: Just went and looked up that RS6... FUCKING $109,000!!! SUCK MAH DICK! NOPE!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:13 AM   #13181
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
That Volvo Wagon is awesome.

The Jag XF-S sportbrake looks good as well.

Though i am still a huge fan of the CTS-V Wagon.

I?ve considered the XF-S wagon but you can?t touch one for less than $70 iirc. Also, jaguar interiors are not great places to be. Especially for that kinda money.

If GM would make a CT5 V Wagon NOW I wouldn?t hesitate for one second. Even though the new V?s aren?t what they used to be, it would be a pretty good package still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEG1T View Post
on the subject of wagons...

I don't see how it is even close...

Also can't wait for a new Manual Trans Supra...
Yeah the Audi is absolutely fantastic, but again it?s $100k. That?s just more than I?m willing to spend on a second car. Honestly I can do a V60 Polestar edition for $65 and that thing is plenty fucking fast with 415 hp.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:20 AM   #13182
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/08/09/...under-hyundai/

Hyundai is tiring Ionniq into a EV brand and the completely sexy Prophet concept is coming in 2 years. That may be THE first EV that I strongly consider. That cars gives me all the feels in all the right places.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:42 AM   #13183
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
oh wow even the newer sg is no good? I was hoping to keep an xt close to stock rather than go for some elaborate sti swap.
I hope I'm not boring everyone with my sob story, but yeah, that was my plan too. I had an NA 01 that was reliable AF after an initial investment of timing belt, both headgaskets, and a clutch. I drove it thousands of miles cross country with just basic Subaru maintenance- tires, oil changes, and the occasional wheel bearing or CV axle.

So after seven years I figured I could handle the "upgrade" to an XT. The 04-05 was my favorite bodystyle so I bought one. It was fine, not particularly quick but comfortable and good-looking. Two months later the oil pickup tube fell into the pan, starving the system of oil. The turbo seized and blew it's fins through the motor. Everything fucked.

So I decided to "do it right", same as my 01, just a little initial investment and then it'd be good. I bought a short block with forged internals from a reputable company, had the stock heads rebuilt by best machine shop around, and put everything back together with OEM-or-better parts. A few reliability mods and prepping for eventually making STI power levels, but planning on staying stock for 6-7 years until I bought another daily.

WRONG. Despite rebuilding everything to stock specs, I was getting bad numbers on the COBB tuner I bought to monitor everything. I eventually called COBB and gave them the story, they told me that despite the block-builder's assurances, I COULD NOT run a forged motor on a stock ECU. Things went even more downhill from there. "Oh, you need this part if you want it to run correctly and safely" etc, etc, etc.

It's been two years of that. I'm married to it now; I keep thinking the next purchase will make it reliable, but every drive I'm waiting for it to blow up. I've sunk somewhere around $15,000 into this car trying to make it a daily and you know where it is? -Sitting in a puddle of it's own Motul 8100 while I drive a borrowed Dodge, waiting for a $5000 appointment with a Subaru speciality shop 200 miles away because because I'm a dumbass who thought, "yeah, I can handle the extra cost of premium gas and 17mpg from a stock turbo 4 cylinder, what could go wrong?"

FML. I could've kept the 01 and put 10K into my 240 and been much happier.
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 01:07 PM   #13184
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Sounds like you should have replaced the stock engine with another stock engine.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:47 PM   #13185
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...aru-brz-spied/

Rumored to have 260hp. A sizable improvement. I curious of how they turboed it and the potential upgrade path.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:13 PM   #13186
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post

Rumored to have 260hp. A sizable improvement. I curious of how they turboed it and the potential upgrade path.
If it's indeed the FA24DIT:

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2907007
  • FA24DIT OEM Ascent long block w/ ARP head studs
  • STI drivetrain
  • FP XR Blue 73HTZ twin scroll ball bearing turbo
  • Killer B IWG twin scroll header
  • Invidia J pipe w/ 3" catback
  • Cobb intake
  • Cobb FMIC
  • IBR BRZ intake manifold conversion w/ complete TGV deletes
  • Stock WRX ecu w/ Cobb AP & SD tuning software
  • Cobb EBCS
  • Cobb Flex Fuel kit
  • Hardwired fuel pump
  • Nostrum HPFP
  • Stock injectors
  • IAG AOS
Tuned by JR: 537 whp & 490 lb-ft @ 22 psi on E56

Old 08-10-2020, 05:19 PM   #13187
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post

Oh shit theres mules out there!!! 260hp! Watching closely.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:34 PM   #13188
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
If they can get a higher redline I think I'd rather have that than earlier/more torque. From what I've read valve float and weak rods appear to be the limiting factors there. I catch myself at or near redline frequently. The car just feels happy there. Another 500-1000rpm would be amazing.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:22 AM   #13189
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I just wish all car manufacturers finally learn from this genius.
Gordon Murray reveals the secrets to his new 663bhp T.50 supercar.

cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:44 AM   #13190
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
I just wish all car manufacturers finally learn from this genius.
Gordon Murray reveals the secrets to his new 663bhp T.50 supercar.
Really interesting video. Love all of the little details.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:28 AM   #13191
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
The Ariya was the first to debut and they do seem to be off to a good start.

https://www.nissanusa.com/ariya.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/08/09/...under-hyundai/

Hyundai is tiring Ionniq into a EV brand and the completely sexy Prophet concept is coming in 2 years. That may be THE first EV that I strongly consider. That cars gives me all the feels in all the right places.
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...hots-and-video due out next fall

I was considering posting the same thing about Hyundai. The Ariya or the Ioniq 5 are far more likely to be my next vehicle than anything else posted in here. It looks like the Ariya will have competitor right off the bat. And the Ioniq 5 will probably be better and cheaper.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:15 AM   #13192
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
idk if this was already mentioned, but it looks like the next gen Toyota GT86 is in the works (if this spy video is to be believed)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDrb5rhJLuZ/
Old 08-11-2020, 11:09 PM   #13193
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

as for today it looks like

"IT'S TIME TO TOYOTA"

Last edited by cured13; 08-12-2020 at 01:15 AM..
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:51 AM   #13194
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
More pics of the 2nd gen GT86. I'm excited about this one.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...details-spied/
Old 08-13-2020, 10:52 AM   #13195
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
double post.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:09 AM   #13196
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
More pics of the 2nd gen GT86. I'm excited about this one.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...details-spied/

That looks amazing.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:58 PM   #13197
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

The angle they shot it from makes it look huge. The roof of the current BRZ is only 52 inches.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:52 PM   #13198
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Looks bloated.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:04 PM   #13199
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Saw this on the Vincent Thomas bridge this morning. Can?t tell if there are any aesthetic revisions. Perhaps this is the 4cyl?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:09 PM   #13200
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Saw this on the Vincent Thomas bridge this morning. Can?t tell if there are any aesthetic revisions. Perhaps this is the 4cyl?

Or just hear me out...its some dumb fanboi with a horrible car wrap?

Or

A loser that thinks hes kool tryn to chase clout with a horriable car wrap tryn to look like a top secret car
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote