Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2017, 06:58 AM   #1
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
The Used Parts Market & Resellers

We've been having a talk about the YAJ thread and some recent happenings within the used-parts market. In an effort to not be the one that posts the direct link, I'll summarize it:

Someone goes to get some parts for their car, is pissed at the reseller's price (and his rejected offer) , and then posts a full article listing all of the known ways to get parts from Japan in an effort to 'eliminate the middleman' and bring balance to the used parts market.

Points to be made:

1.) If the price is too high, what do you think is going to happen when the bids are driven up due to more bidders being present?

2.) The reseller obviously knows about one of the listed avenues, how many more resell pages will be created by this article?

3.) If you don't want 'fly-by-night-fuckboys' to have an easy leg-up, then (again) what is the point of this article?

I thought we'd move the talk here. How do you feel about this shit?

I used to just think 'fuck it, man...it is what it is' but now I'm starting to think that as a collective we can stem the tide a little. Personal attacks are always expected, but it would be cool if we could just have a heated debate about this shit instead of devolving into the whole 'it's just business' or 'don't knock the hustle' or 'you're obviously threatened' lines that normally accompany this argument.