Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 09:22 PM   #1
gerardojdm
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
gerardojdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Importing a silvia from the motherland

Hello zilvia family, I plan on possibly importing a silvia from japan sometime this year myself. Yes i know there are many people that import them, but I want to do it myself. I am a licensed dealer in Atlanta, GA and I plan on being apart of the importing scene towards the end of the year. I would like to talk to people that have personally imported JDM cars under the 25 year law. Many people don't like sharing their secrets, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2016, 12:27 AM   #2
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
How to import a car to the US
Old 04-29-2016, 08:00 AM   #3
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Wants to open business. Asks everyone how to do said business. What a champ.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:02 AM   #4
gerardojdm
Zilvia Member

I have my own used Car dealer business and it's been great bud. I'm here asking people who actually import cars to point me in the right direction. Don't be stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2016, 08:04 AM   #5
gerardojdm
Zilvia Member

But it's all good. People you like that wake up to hate in the morning is what motivates me..

Old 04-29-2016, 08:06 AM   #6
winter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
winter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Well

Step 1) Have a lot of money
Step 2) Speak Japanese or Pay someone who speaks Japanese
Step 3) Don't deal with kids
Step 4) Have a lot of money
Step 5) Bunch of paperwork
Step 6) Be good at internets
Step 7) Sell car on internets
Step 8) Do a bunch of legal paperwork stuff (if you do wrong you will go to jail.)
Step 9) If you made it this far without going to jail, go back to Step 1
Old 04-29-2016, 08:08 AM   #7
gerardojdm
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter View Post
Well

Step 1) Have a lot of money
Step 2) Speak Japanese or Pay someone who speaks Japanese
Step 3) Don't deal with kids
Step 4) Have a lot of money
Step 5) Bunch of paperwork
Step 6) Be good at internets
Step 7) Sell car on internets
Step 8) Do a bunch of legal paperwork stuff (if you do wrong you will go to jail.)
Step 9) If you made it this far without going to jail, go back to Step 1

I appreciate you not being an ass like the few other people. I have the funds, I just need someone to show me the ropes. I'm currently a licensed dealer so I'm familiar with the natural of this job. I plan on making a trip to Japan soon to meet people
Old 04-29-2016, 09:05 AM   #8
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
lol this is like asking a little kid who EATS Trix and lucky charms, how to MAKE trix and lucky charms.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:19 AM   #9
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
That was dope, how do you do that?

To the OP- good luck with your business venture, too bad I live in Cali where it's next to impossible to get a JDM car legal
Old 04-29-2016, 10:22 AM   #10
gerardojdm
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post

To the OP- good luck with your business venture, too bad I live in Cali where it's next to impossible to get a JDM car legal

Haha yea I laughed with the link. I searched on Google, but I need to talk to people that have done it. Thanks, I will need all the luck possible.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:32 AM   #11
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

JM216S14 is on a distinguished road
There is a ton of good people to talk to about importing, one I can think of in particular
Old 04-29-2016, 10:52 AM   #12
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Yeah man just contact Tony, super nice guy, he can break down the whole process, its really not that bad.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:00 AM   #13
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
Yeah man just contact Tony, super nice guy, he can break down the whole process, its really not that bad.
nahhh I was thinking more of

Old 04-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #14
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
You would need boots on the ground over there and someone who you can trust with your $ to purchase the car to you and then handle all of the shipping and exporting process. if you are bent on doing it yourself instead of contacting any of the 1000 or so importers that have been around and already crowd out the market or one of the fly by night guys you are better off dealing with our neighbors to the north. You speak their language, you could feasibly drive up there and pick it up on a trailer, and less likely to get scammed. (not that it cant happen, but their isn't an ocean between the two of you at least)

if you genuinely wanted to do that as a business there is plenty to read out there and plenty of laws you need to understand you are fixing to be 2+ years behind everyone already in business and competing with a hundreds of kids who drive things across the boarder to flip cars. the market in that aspect is beyond overwhelmed and a complete waste of time IMO.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:54 PM   #15
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
...and it's guys like you that motivate me to get my dealer's license while I'm stationed there so I can sell cars for reasonable prices. Good luck trying to copy and paste someone's business model. I'm sure they'd love to help you become their competition lol.

"Hey Starbucks can you tell me how to get the same coffee as you so I can sell it at the same time as you for competitive prices? If you could spoon feed me your business tactics that'd be greeeeeaaaat."

Old 04-30-2016, 02:03 PM   #16
gerardojdm
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...and it's guys like you that motivate me to get my dealer's license while I'm stationed there so I can sell cars for reasonable prices. Good luck trying to copy and paste someone's business model. I'm sure they'd love to help you become their competition lol.

"Hey Starbucks can you tell me how to get the same coffee as you so I can sell it at the same time as you for competitive prices? If you could spoon feed me your business tactics that'd be greeeeeaaaat."

I truly wish you the best of luck. I don't mind making a trip to Japan to meet people. I will get it done by the end of the year with or without anyone's help.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:22 PM   #17
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post

Lolz

This is what we would call a Syrian Refugee business model

"If anyone here would, Please help me do what you do and destroy your livelihood " "thanks in advance"

Haha I'm sure all them Japanese folks will love working with someone too incompetent to figure out things on their own
Old 04-30-2016, 02:55 PM   #18
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Probably not worth the effort to sell old ass japanese cars to people who wont want to pay for them at your asking price.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:32 PM   #19
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I posted your question in the proper thread...

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=577517&page=361
Old 04-30-2016, 03:36 PM   #20
gerardojdm
Zilvia Member

I love the 240 community spirit! Always negative.

Old 04-30-2016, 03:52 PM   #21
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Subscribed. lol
Old 04-30-2016, 04:10 PM   #22
TSL
Leaky Injector

TSL is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardojdm View Post
I love the 240 community spirit! Always negative.
Are you sure it's a good idea to build a business to cater to this crowd?
Old 05-02-2016, 01:11 PM   #23
sil80takashi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sil80takashi is making a name for him/her selfsil80takashi is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post
Here you go man
Old 05-03-2016, 05:55 AM   #24
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSL View Post
I'm sure he'll have IOU's from almost his entire customer base.

"Yeah bruh, I goin thru some hard times rite now but I kneed dis car to get to work I"ll start makeing payments hear in a couple of weeks when duh paychecks start rollin in"
Old 05-03-2016, 08:08 AM   #25
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You guys are a bunch of @$$holes. The guy ask a legitimate question and nobody gives him a straight answer.

dude, contact Motorex. They've done all the legwork and you can get cars from them shipped anywhere in the US. My buddy in SC bought a legit R34 from them and he's loving life. If you're in the Atlanta area, I'm sure you've seen it. It's purple. Good luck man. don't listen to all these haters. They're just mad cuz all there 240's are LHD with SR swaps instead of RHD Silvias that are identical in almost every other way.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:15 AM   #26
gerardojdm
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSL View Post

I won't be selling cars here on zilvia or any forums. I've sold most all my cars through Craigslist and social media. The 240 community is probably the worst crowd I've experienced, I just won't let someone of these hater's comments stop me from making my dream come true.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:17 AM   #27
gerardojdm
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
You guys are a bunch of @$$holes. The guy ask a legitimate question and nobody gives him a straight answer.

dude, contact Motorex. They've done all the legwork and you can get cars from them shipped anywhere in the US. My buddy in SC bought a legit R34 from them and he's loving life. If you're in the Atlanta area, I'm sure you've seen it. It's purple. Good luck man. don't listen to all these haters. They're just mad cuz all there 240's are LHD with SR swaps instead of RHD Silvias that are identical in almost every other way.

240 people are thugs behind there phone or computer. I'll try giving these big people a call and hopefully I'll get some answers. I don't recall seeing a purple R34 here. There are only a hand full of R34s here in Atlanta.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:09 AM   #28
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
240 people are thugs behind there phone or computer. I'll try giving these big people a call and hopefully I'll get some answers. I don't recall seeing a purple R34 here. There are only a hand full of R34s here in Atlanta.
If you were serious about your "Dream" doubt you would be posting up on zilvia for tips on how to start a importing business...Good luck with your business venture, i really doubt this will blow up like you intend to...its gonna take a solid 5-6 years of hard work to get the business where you want it to be without investors that believe in you its going to be nearly impossible the most crucial step of the business is starting it getting it off the ground and maintaining it.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:08 AM   #29
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
240 people are thugs behind there phone or computer. I'll try giving these big people a call and hopefully i'll get some answers. I don't recall seeing a purple r34 here. There are only a hand full of r34s here in atlanta.
omg........
Old 05-03-2016, 10:47 AM   #30
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
If you were serious about your "Dream" doubt you would be posting up on zilvia for tips on how to start a importing business...Good luck with your business venture, i really doubt this will blow up like you intend to...its gonna take a solid 5-6 years of hard work to get the business where you want it to be without investors that believe in you its going to be nearly impossible the most crucial step of the business is starting it getting it off the ground and maintaining it.
If I was doing this, I'd probably go work for Japanese Classics or one of the other importers for a few years to learn the business. There are going to be a lot of hard lessons learned, even with thorough research, and learning how the industry works would minimize OP's risk when he does want to go put his own money on the line. But really I wouldn't do this to begin with because if I was selling a product, I'd prefer to sell to a customer base that actually has money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
You guys are a bunch of @$$holes.
And?
Closed Thread