Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Take a hole saw, and go to town on a new sheet of plywood. Fill the holes with foam cutouts glued in with gorilla glue. At least try to cut that weight in half, then glass over it. Will still be very stiff at half the weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedNewTires View Post
5/8" birtch covered in resin and braced REALLY well to the chassis and the front subframe

its almost finished in these pics but you get the idea. i can literally stand on it and it doesnt flex. total weight is about 40lbs though
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Damn bro 40lbs on the front end hanging forward is REALLY a lot of weight... but I totally understand its a budget thing.... But yeah I have wet lay fiberglass on it as well just 1 layer... Might do a 2nd layer this month to check rigidity.... I wish I had a picture of my car from the latest iteration of my splitter, but no one was taking pictures sucks....
Old 01-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Shit 40 lbs.!!!! I use 1/8" end grain balsa covered with 1 layer of 10oz matt,on both sides. Same basic shape as the one above with NACA ducts towards the outside for brake ducting. NACA ducts face down & inhale from the bottom.

Get that table of the front of your car. Im just joking ,but for reals.

MR JACKSON.
UNITEDMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Hey United you do anything for rear brakes cause they are cooking for rear 300 rotors....
Old 01-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Hey United you do anything for rear brakes cause they are cooking for rear 300 rotors....
A few Ideas I have that i have done on other cars is. Make your QTR windows out of lexan then put a clear NACA duct in it (single or dual outlet) ,then drill or cut a hole in your iner wheel well hump on the side ,from inside the car, then run your hose as needed. It will give some airflow in the general area, more than before.

Or you can mold in a NACA duct just behind where the door opens and duct it similar to the above. This is what I wanted to do to my car. Kinda like the stock duct on a MK4 supra!

MR JACKSON.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #6
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITEDMASTER View Post
A few Ideas I have that i have done on other cars is. Make your QTR windows out of lexan then put a clear NACA duct in it (single or dual outlet) ,then drill or cut a hole in your iner wheel well hump on the side ,from inside the car, then run your hose as needed. It will give some airflow in the general area, more than before.

Or you can mold in a NACA duct just behind where the door opens and duct it similar to the above. This is what I wanted to do to my car. Kinda like the stock duct on a MK4 supra!
Or what do you think about running something under the car? Like the deflectors that SPL makes or like tube mounted to the frame?
Old 01-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
yea its definitely too heavy... its a BIG splitter though, it goes back just past the steering rack to protect EVERYTHING in case a cone or something were to get stuck under there. i dont want something to hit my belts or oil pan or steering rack.

I also have aluminum plating running the leading edge about 4 inches to guard against scraping through the wood. (rubbed right through my last one till it was paper thin)

i run my car really low and i'm drifting it anyway so unfortunately i cant talk like i'm a track racer. I do however feel that in a track situation my splitter would function very well save for the added weight.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #8
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Me personally I dont like stuff hanging under the car. The deflectors Im not so convinced, i get the concept buuuuut.

Another idea is . Where the rear seats bottom part use to be you can cut it and put a NACA duct ther faceing down then plumb as I said before.

What is your current brake set up

MR JACKSON.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #9
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITEDMASTER View Post
Me personally I dont like stuff hanging under the car. The deflectors Im not so convinced, i get the concept buuuuut.

Another idea is . Where the rear seats bottom part use to be you can cut it and put a NACA duct ther faceing down then plumb as I said before.

What is your current brake set up
Hmmm.... The bottom part? You mean where your butt will be if you sat in the rear seat? But isn't that pretty high up in the chassis to be effective for a NACA duct?

300zx all around with no ebrake. XP12 in the front and Hawk Blacks in the rear.....
Old 01-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
slider2828
Post Whore!

Thanks Racepar1.... I will try that.... At 8* I should still be clear of everything lock to lock correct?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #11
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

What up track guys anything new out there??????

MR JACKSON.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:51 AM   #12
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Damn Casey, your car has come a long way since I met you at VIR. I knew when I saw your previous duct work the car was destined for greatness. Hopefully when I get back to the states I can take the Evo up to VIR for some HPDE lessons.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #13
slider2828
Post Whore!

Nothing much except turbo is dead and I don't have the money to buy the CHRA.... Saving up for an engagement ring.... But I almost have the suspension dialed in and working on a 4.4 gear for the rear end....
Old 02-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #14
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

^^^Nice,congrats. Im puting together a new motor for this year.SR, top mount T3-60-1/.68 hot side,HKS step 1 cams,knife edged crank,ceramic coated pistons,750 injectors,haltec platinum. Looking to put down 400ish lollol . Should be ready to rock in April.

MR JACKSON.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #15
slider2828
Post Whore!

You going 272 to get that power you think on a DynoDynamics?

Thanks! I feel she is the one... I mean the girlfriend, not the car hahaha..... But we all know what is up! hahahah
Old 02-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #16
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
I'm just working on my E30 since it's the more important of my two money pits. I drive the BMW every day, the 240 just keeps the floor from getting dirty underneath it...

:ghey:

However, if things go right I will be working on a SR20VET setup that I will hopefully get to use at some point. Not to mention the entire rest of my car that I still have to finish...
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #17
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
took a pic of mine from the bottom.

Prepare for the Anarchy!!!

Old 02-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #18
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
GripTerror is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
that is just so bad ass i love that splitter
GripTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #19
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedNewTires View Post
took a pic of mine from the bottom.

Prepare for the Anarchy!!!

Driftworks knuckles nice! Can you get any shots of them it on the ground, and of the rear? Post them in the roll center thread!

Are those 17's or 18in wheels in this pic? How close are your FLCA's to the brake rotors?

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #20
arg23

Trader Rating: (1)
arg23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Racerubber.com/Lapbattle.com 240 (a.k.a. Thunderdome)

Still needs a lot of work. The car has demonstrated great potential for a budget build. We have been slowly chipping away at it when time between our programs allows it.

SR powered, fairly stock engine.

Still approx. 2-3 seconds off the silver/gold GT-3 cup cars, we lose a lot of time to their better Aero, and higher HP numbers on the big straights.

Yep tire is flat.

the clock IS ticking!
arg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:01 AM   #21
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I LOVE IT...

i have dreams of having aero with an underplate like that for the NYC pot holes...

it seems to be the only way with our rough roads.
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:12 AM   #22
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
is that fucking wood?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #23
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
yes its wood, wood grain..

like a boss..

lol

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:26 AM   #24
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Morgan has nothing on that car haha
Old 02-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #25
S14_drift junkE
Zilvia Junkie

S14_drift junkE is an unknown quantity at this point
that wood skid plate is SICK. Jason, lets make some at my shop!
S14_drift junkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:58 PM   #26
Beejis60
BANNED

Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_drift junkE View Post
that wood skid plate is SICK.
Looks more like a splitter.
Beejis60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:57 AM   #27
terrorsquad

Trader Rating: (0)
terrorsquad is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have 275's streached on my 17x12.5 ssr. The tires are to wide unless you really cut the body big time.
terrorsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #28
AGNT84
Zilvia Member

AGNT84 is an unknown quantity at this point
lovin this thread and that splitter hahaha....
AGNT84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #29
Chrisw
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Chrisw is making a name for him/her selfChrisw is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^^Good looking S13! Moar pics/info?
Chrisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #30
arg23

arg23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ill have to dig around for more pics. Here is an early snapshot.

Tires
280/650 fr
280/680 r (maybe 305 this year...)

Suspension
JIC

Brakes
Stop Tech 355 fr
Z32 r

Tuning
Jim Wolf Technology

the clock IS ticking!
arg23 is offline   Reply With Quote