Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-25-2013, 01:51 AM   #31
rwtf
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
rwtf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
sweet wheels bro.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #32
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Oh, now we find out that he bent the fucking control arm. That's not a "minor" incident with a guardrail. OF COURSE the wheel broke if it got hit hard enough to bend the LCA. Those things aren't flimsy...
Yes they are, it only takes hitting it at the right angle. My friend hit a curb powered through shaving his xxr wheels pretty good, bent the LCA, and the wheel although beat up was fine. Swapped LCA and drove it home that night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Well, in Works defense, didnt BlackzenkiS14 drift slammed his rear end at 60mph into a k-rail? He shifted the whole trunk and shattered his rear windows and his Work Equips survived. Those rims are on his new S14 IIRC.
Yes marshall did wall ride , The wheels never hit the wall the hard( if at all) rear end of his car took all the damage.

I'm not saying this to defend rota/xxr/ or work, but people gotta stop making up excuses to flaunt their brand loyalty. A wheel is a wheel, hit it hard enough in the right spot it'll fucking break. I've seen almost any OEM (omgtehbest) wheel destroyed in any sort of way. There is no exception for work or any other wheel company.
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #33
teh smithers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
teh smithers is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
If the spokes stayed attached to the wheel, think about how momentarily dope that would have been. SPINNY NINJA STAR OF DEATH
teh smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #34
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxball88 View Post
Yes they are, it only takes hitting it at the right angle. My friend hit a curb powered through shaving his xxr wheels pretty good, bent the LCA, and the wheel although beat up was fine. Swapped LCA and drove it home that night.
If you hit somehting hard enough to bend the LCA you deserve to break the wheel. PERIOD... Who the fuck cares if an XXR somehow miraculously survived. The XXR probably weighed twice as much and hit at a different angle. I bet you that wheel was bent up to hell and not safe to drive on anyways. That Work DID NOT break like a Rota or any other wheel. It broke like a wheel that got rammed into a K-rail. That's COMPLETELY different...

Quote:
I'm not saying this to defend rota/xxr/ or work, but people gotta stop making up excuses to flaunt their brand loyalty. A wheel is a wheel, hit it hard enough in the right spot it'll fucking break. I've seen almost any OEM (omgtehbest) wheel destroyed in any sort of way. There is no exception for work or any other wheel company.
Tasteless dumbfucks need to stop trying to justify their cheap-ass wheel purchases with retarded threads, heresay, and mis-information. There are a lot of reasons to buy a quality wheel rather than a cheap-o POS, none of those reasons are related to surviving a hit with a k-rail.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #35
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Tasteless dumbfucks need to stop trying to justify their cheap-ass wheel purchases with retarded threads, heresay, and mis-information. There are a lot of reasons to buy a quality wheel rather than a cheap-o POS, none of those reasons are related to surviving a hit with a k-rail.
This...............................

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #36
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:

TRUTH!!!!
IF you're ok being a cheap-ass, more power to ya, but quit trying to pass it off as legit just because xxr makes round wheels and so does work.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #37
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
LOL Was the OP expecting the wheel to be unscathed?? There are plenty of busted work, volk, weds, etc. wheels in Japan from drifting accidents, not because the quality of the wheel was poor.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #38
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
The title of this thread should be Work wheels break like regular wheels!!!!
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #39
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

You're right wheel is trashed. Same wheel, same car, LCA bent wheel is fine.

Like I said lcas are not that strong.
Any wheel with the right stress will break, rota, work anything
Old 10-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #40
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Hits a k-rail, cars totaled and expects rim to be salvageable? Make it better, its Work's casted wheels...
There was a Ferrari crash in Singapore that was a head on collision at around 160mph and all the wheels were fine like they came from the factory.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #41
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxball88 View Post
You're right wheel is trashed. Same wheel, same car, LCA bent wheel is fine.

*useless photo edited out*

Like I said lcas are not that strong.
Any wheel with the right stress will break, rota, work anything

Just stop, you're not proving anything. In one instance the wheel looks like it rode up a curb and survived. In the other it seems to have smacked a K-rail nearly broadsided and broke. The ONLY similarity between the two is that in both incidents the control arm got damaged. You're not proving anything about the strength of the arm either. Big surprise a control arm can get bent if you hit a k-rail OR a curb. That's groundbreaking right there...

So, you're saying that an XXR is equal to or better than a Work because an XXR survived a COMPLETELY different accident and the Work broke?

Let me just get my facts straight here...
Old 10-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #42
Scope240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Scope240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
s13 compare xxr to a WORK wheel?

Scope240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #43
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryJdmFanBoi
OMG WORK CANT BREAK.... excuse excuse....
keep defending your overpriced wheels jdm fanboi's.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #44
Drift_FX
Zilvia Junkie

Drift_FX is an unknown quantity at this point
i have spent alot of money on my race car ensuring i have done everything right.. the motor was carfully build not skimping or being a "cheap ass" on anything.... with that being said, i cannot justfy spending 4grand on a set of "legit wheels" when i will inevitably destroy them on a track. will a "legit" wheel last longer than an "knock off"? sure i suppose so(or at least hope so).... will it last longer than the 4 sets of "knockoffs" i can buy for the same price of one set of "legit" wheels? no way in hell... if its a show car or you have extra money to spend, sure buy an expensive set of wheels and show them off... i believe everything has its time and place, and irrationably trying to bash another person for their opinion on something just makes you look stupid...
Drift_FX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #45
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_FX View Post
i have spent alot of money on my race car ensuring i have done everything right.. the motor was carfully build not skimping or being a "cheap ass" on anything.... with that being said, i cannot justfy spending 4grand on a set of "legit wheels" when i will inevitably destroy them on a track. will a "legit" wheel last longer than an "knock off"? sure i suppose so(or at least hope so).... will it last longer than the 4 sets of "knockoffs" i can buy for the same price of one set of "legit" wheels? no way in hell... if its a show car or you have extra money to spend, sure buy an expensive set of wheels and show them off... i believe everything has its time and place, and irrationably trying to bash another person for their opinion on something just makes you look stupid...
Different wheels have different purposes. For drift wheels I wouldn't run the good shit either, I wouldn't run XXR's, but for sure no Work. My issue, and most others issue, is when people try to find some way to rationalize their XXR's/Rota's as being the same thing as the higher priced name brand wheels. They're not the same thing.

If you wanna tell me:

"I bought these Rota's because I'm going to drift the fuck out of them and I don't want to shit a brick every time one gets damaged"

I won't have a problem with that.

You could even say:

"I just want the car to look good and I've got more important things to blow money on than $2000 wheels"

I'm cool with that too.

It's when you say:

"XXR's are just as good as Work because my friend is a dumbfuck and wrecked a set of each, the Work broke and the XXR didn't"

that I have a problem.

Name brand wheels will ALWAYS be held in higher regard than their cheap counterparts. That's the way it is and should be. If the lower priced wheels suit your particular purposes then just say that. Don't try to rationalize them as being equal.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #46
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_FX View Post
this sums it up right here.

THANK YOU
Old 10-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #47
NAIRB
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
NAIRB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Different wheels have different purposes. For drift wheels I wouldn't run the good shit either, I wouldn't run XXR's, but for sure no Work. My issue, and most others issue, is when people try to find some way to rationalize their XXR's/Rota's as being the same thing as the higher priced name brand wheels. They're not the same thing.

If you wanna tell me:

"I bought these Rota's because I'm going to drift the fuck out of them and I don't want to shit a brick every time one gets damaged"

I won't have a problem with that.

You could even say:

"I just want the car to look good and I've got more important things to blow money on than $2000 wheels"

I'm cool with that too.

It's when you say:

"XXR's are just as good as Work because my friend is a dumbfuck and wrecked a set of each, the Work broke and the XXR didn't"

that I have a problem.

Name brand wheels will ALWAYS be held in higher regard than their cheap counterparts. That's the way it is and should be. If the lower priced wheels suit your particular purposes then just say that. Don't try to rationalize them as being equal.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. My s14 i'm very picky with, I will only run certain parts on it, and I take ten times longer fixing or upgrading anything on than I need to. And for that car I run "real" wheels, just because anything else just seams like somethings off, you have to admire the craftsmanship of forged wheels and they do top off a car. Now my s13 I run knockoffs. Unless I was ballin out my ass it would be retarded not to, as I pretty much only drive the car to drift and beat on it an that's pretty much it.
NAIRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #48
theericsmith
Zilvia Member

theericsmith is an unknown quantity at this point
thread conclusion:
1. wheels break.
2. if you buy real wheels, you are a "jdm fanboi"
3. if you buy knock off wheels, you are are a cheap piece of shit who shouldn't have a car.

SO MUCH LOGIC IN ONE THREAD
theericsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #49
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

tiggertsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by theericsmith View Post
thread conclusion:
1. wheels break.
2. if you buy real wheels, you are a "jdm fanboi"
3. if you buy knock off wheels, you are are a cheap piece of shit who shouldn't have a car.

SO MUCH LOGIC IN ONE THREAD
4. what we say is not opinion but fact when it comes to buying "legit" or "knock-off" wheels.
5. if you spent less than $1500 for wheels you spent too little. you should save and spend your hard earned money on wheels that we deem are legit and acceptable, not what you think is acceptable.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #50
Wookie384
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Wookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wookie384
I think the biggest bit of mis information put out there by the OP is that he claims "Work wheels break like Rotas..." If I remember correctly back when Rotas were breaking, they would break from the lateral load (not from impact) applied to the rims while driving spritedly, road racing, taking a corner fast/hard, etc, and they would break like the work in the OP's post, so NO Work wheels do not break like Rotas did.

Now, I've been around cars a while and a lot of my friends and I road race and some even drift. I've seen wheels break for various reasons. Shit I had FN01R-C's on my xB and understeered into a guard rail once and was lucky enough to not need to replace it, and a year later hit a nasty pot hole and the damn thing bent, having said that in my opinion I don't care what your wheel is made of or who made it, you hit a K-rail, curb, wall guard rail whatever at speed, you should expect that your wheel is gonna get damaged to the point where it will need repair/replacement because you just did something to that wheel that wasn't meant to happen to it, if it survives and is reusable just consider yourself lucky.
Wookie384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:57 AM   #51
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Now lets add this into the mix, what about Tarmacs, they are considered legit wheels but those fuckers explode, and were designed to do that. Also looking at pictures of rotas/xxr/shit breaking they seem to break in random spots on the spokes, your higher quality brands all seem to snap in a uniform spot.

Hey look broken legit wheels. Still not stooping down to the level of rota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:57 AM   #52
stephens14sr
Zilvia Junkie

stephens14sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
Now lets add this into the mix, what about Tarmacs, they are considered legit wheels but those fuckers explode, and were designed to do that. Also looking at pictures of rotas/xxr/shit breaking they seem to break in random spots on the spokes, your higher quality brands all seem to snap in a uniform spot.

Hey look broken legit wheels. Still not stooping down to the level of rota.
because everyone has corporate sponsors and big money...
Old 10-26-2013, 04:50 AM   #53
dawagarage
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i dont say this alot (shoots maybe this is the first time ever)
but this thread is dumb as fuck

ratsun: dawa (73 datsun 620)
clublexus: properD (97 sc300)
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:09 AM   #54
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wheels are wheels.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #55
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Just stop, you're not proving anything. In one instance the wheel looks like it rode up a curb and survived. In the other it seems to have smacked a K-rail nearly broadsided and broke. The ONLY similarity between the two is that in both incidents the control arm got damaged. You're not proving anything about the strength of the arm either. Big surprise a control arm can get bent if you hit a k-rail OR a curb. That's groundbreaking right there...

So, you're saying that an XXR is equal to or better than a Work because an XXR survived a COMPLETELY different accident and the Work broke?

Let me just get my facts straight here...
You're really trying to start an arugment thats not there, sorry you want to flaunt your brand loyalty so bad. I argued your point that the factory s-chassis LCA was not as strong as you claim and "you needed more than minor incident to break one."
Quote:
Oh, now we find out that he bent the fucking control arm. That's not a "minor" incident with a guardrail. OF COURSE the wheel broke if it got hit hard enough to bend the LCA. Those things aren't flimsy...
My point was, people need to stop judging WHEELS, that were in SERIOUS ACCIDENTS that BROKE. Because ANY WHEEL regradless of MANUFACTURER(hence my point on seeing just about every OEM wheel broken) will surely break UNDER THE RIGHT STRESS AND CIRCUMSTANCES. People need to stop COCKSWINGING their brand loyalty in these situation. IF you are in an accident and break a wheel, i don't want you to be surprised if your 50 dollar rota or 500 dollar Work broke. It was your fault not the wheel's.
My point with the XXR had nothing to do with XXR wheels. The point was the wheel suffered minor damage and the LCA was broken.
*Waits for you to get back from in-n-out to respond*
Old 10-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #56
Gar9854
Zilvia Member

Gar9854 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephens14sr View Post
because everyone has corporate sponsors and big money...
If they broke from an impact that's one thing, but if a wheel snaps from brute power and bumps they suck. Regardless
Gar9854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #57
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Waxball, +1

control arms are designed to bend before the subframe does...
Old 10-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #58
mrturboextreme
Leaky Injector

mrturboextreme is an unknown quantity at this point
I love threads like these it shows everyones different opinions and shit. personally I don't care really about what brand wheels I run right now. I have cheap wheels right now but will be saving up for a better set later. As long as I can drive my car and enjoy it I don't mind what wheels are on it. Later on down the road of course ill get my perfect set but for now im just driving the fuck out of my car.
mrturboextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #59
Wookie384
Zilvia Addict

Wookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Wookie384
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrturboextreme View Post
I love threads like these it shows everyones different opinions and shit. personally I don't care really about what brand wheels I run right now. I have cheap wheels right now but will be saving up for a better set later. As long as I can drive my car and enjoy it I don't mind what wheels are on it. Later on down the road of course ill get my perfect set but for now im just driving the fuck out of my car.
This thread also shows how ignorant people can be. Wheels and control arms are designed to withstand so much force on them before they break, some arms are pretty strong and some aren't. As far as control arms are concerned, LCA's are usually stronger than the others but even then you do something to them that they're not designed to do, in this case drift them into a k-rail or whatever, they'll probably break, regardless if they're weak or not the driver did something stupid and is trying to pass the blame on the wheel and control arm and not accept fault by ignoring the fact that if you hit shit you're gonna break shit. This thread needs to die now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Wookie384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #60
mrturboextreme
Leaky Injector

mrturboextreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie384 View Post
This thread also shows how ignorant people can be. Wheels and control arms are designed to withstand so much force on them before they break, some arms are pretty strong and some aren't. As far as control arms are concerned, LCA's are usually stronger than the others but even then you do something to them that they're not designed to do, in this case drift them into a k-rail or whatever, they'll probably break, regardless if they're weak or not the driver did something stupid and is trying to pass the blame on the wheel and control arm and not accept fault by ignoring the fact that if you hit shit you're gonna break shit. This thread needs to die now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I just noticed your picture lol.
mrturboextreme is offline   Reply With Quote