Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Electronics

Old 07-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
jordaninnovations
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
jordaninnovations is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jordaninnovations
Lightbulb AEM's new << INFINITY >> EMS - true motorsports-level standalone!

Jordan Innovations is excited to bring you the new flagship standalone product from AEM.

AEM Infinity Specification Chart
http://www.aemelectronics.com/files/...ions_Chart.pdf

TECHNOLOGY
The Infinity’s primary automotive MCU is a 200 MHz, 32 bit processor with a math co-processor. It is able to process 400 MIPS. It includes up to 12 peak and hold injector drivers and up to 12 ignition outputs. Infinity’s USB technology downloads up to 480 Mb/second. The enclosure and connectors are sealed and suitable for engine bay mounting. It features a fully-sealed IP67 rated connection system.

It's fast. Really fast.

InfinityTuner USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
InfinityTuner features custom layouts, an ECU Setup Wizard, and data logging playback mode where all controls are synched to the logged data. This allows you to edit calibration data exactly where you need to and minimize your tuning time. AEMdata data logging analysis software is also included.

The best/most versatile tuning software around, and it's always getting better.

AIRFLOW MODEL BASED CALCULATIONS
Infinity system base models are airflow based and feature various modes for calculating air flow. This eliminates many of the lookup and trim tables (Correction Tables) which are necessary in previous generation ECUs.

Like new OEM ECU's, it figures out airflow first and makes calculations based on that ~ no correction tables or trims! The car runs how it was tuned to run, no matter what the air's like.

FUEL CONTROL & IGNITION TIMING
The Infinity EMS calculates injector pulsewidth in units of 1/10th of a microsecond (0.0000001 second) and has NO practical crank tooth resolution limit. The Infinity’s back-end timing code is tested to 100,000 RPM.

Boom. Told you it was fast.

DATA LOGGING
Log 10 channels at up to 1KHz, 20 channels at up to 500Hz or 100 channels at up to 200Hz standard. Log 100 channels at up to 1 KHz using a high performance USB flash drive. An included 4GB USB memory stick can be replaced with one up to 64GB. Users can also log direct to the PC at up to 500Hz.

Oh, you want to log 100 channels at 1000 frames per second? For hours on end? Then just pull out a USB stick and plug it into the computer? And that's included with no upcharge?

No problem. Try that with your Motec.

DUAL INTERNAL WIDEBAND CONTROLLER
A built-in 2-channel Bosch wideband controller with automatic closed-loop heater control optimizes sensor performance and reliability. Full diagnostics software ensures reliable operation.

Plug in your Bosch o2 sensors and start tuning, no gauges/controllers to buy, no extra boxes to zip tie under your dash.

FLEX FUEL COMPENSATION
The Infinity’s core control model is designed for flex fuel compatibility. It makes automatic adjustments for ethanol content and applies them to fuel flow, ignition timing and boost target (ethanol content sensor is sold separately).

MULTI-FUEL CAPABLE
The infinity has the ability to run two separate fuel types simultaneously through staged fuel injection.

These two are HUGE. HUGE. Instead of having to switch maps for different fuels, the Infinity can move seamlessly and automatically between pump gas/race gas, pump gas/e85, gas + meth, etc while changing fuel, timing, and boost, with failsafes along the way. This versatility is WILD for boosted cars!

DUAL KNOCK SENSING
Dual knock signal conditioning circuits allow for precise measurements of knock levels.

What's better than one knock sensor? Two.

INTERNAL SIMULATOR
A powerful input simulator feature allows the user to simulate operating conditions. This allows users to validate tuning changes before running the engine.

This seems silly, but it's not. When you do what we do, you need to be able to test everything before releasing it to the customer. Does the meth injection properly scale the boost back when the tank is empty? Lets simulate that, rather than testing it on the dyno and risking the engine.

REAL-TIME ADVANCED DIAGNOSTICS
The Infinity’s diagnostics software constantly monitors signal and current quality to alert the user of an issue before it creates the potential for engine damage.

INTEGRATED ENGINE PROTECTION STRATEGIES
Available strategies are based on boost fuel cut, fuel pressure (injector flow compensated for variations in pressure, sensor required), oil pressure, RPM (rev limiter), coolant temperature, knock control with feedback and lean protection.

This is the new wave in EMS's - it's not enough to have amazing flexibility and the precision to make a ton of power, you've got to make sure it's reliable and easy to tell when something's wrong. This is KILLER functionality and cheap insurance when you consider what the engine costs.

INFINITY EMS CAPABILITIES:
-Airflow model based calculations
-Fuel control resolution to 1/10th of a microsecond (.0000001 sec)
-Multi-fuel capable
-Flex fuel compensated – fuel, ignition and boost with blend
-Open-loop fuel pressure compensation
-Ignition table, 20x20
-VE airflow table, map vs. engine speed, 20x20
-Configurable coil dwell (RPM, voltage and load based)
-Individual cylinder ignition trim (RPM based)
-Individual cylinder fuel trim (RPM based)
-3D ignition trim maps (coolant and air temp)
-VE-based engine startup
-Real-time sensor diagnostics
-Integrated engine protection strategies
-Dual internal wideband controllers
-Target Lambda table, 10x10
-User adjustable charge temperature blend (CLT/AIT, engine speed dependent)
-O2 lean-out protection
-Electronic boost control (time based or target based)
-Idle control (stepper and pulsewidth)
-Programmable traction control, 2-wheel speed or engine acceleration (4-wheel speed with Advanced Tuning Option)
-2-channel adaptive knock control
-2-step programmable launch control (3-step with Advanced Tuning Option)
-No-lift shifting (Requires Advanced Tuning Option)
-User configurable soft-cut rev limiters
-User configurable anti-lag
-Single stage wet or dry nitrous control coming soon (3-stage with Advanced Tuning Option, coming soon)

ADVANCED TUNING PACKAGE:
Advanced Tuning Functions:
No-lift shift
4-wheel speed traction control
3-step launch control
Drive by wire (application dependent, coming soon)
3-stage nitrous control (coming soon)
Advanced Tuning Hardware Outputs:
1 high side driver (coming soon)
2 H-bridge channels
Advanced Tuning Inputs:
2 analog voltage inputs (4 additional coming soon)
2 VR/Mag differential pair inputs
1 digital/frequency input (coming soon)
3 analog temp inputs (coming soon)

So here's the deal... we've wired and had success with just about every standalone product on the market, on a ton of engines. That experience has given us a pretty good idea of what functionality people are looking for, and our background helps us to know the best tools to get there.

The Infinity EMS is not only the fastest thing in town, it will support dual drive-by-wire throttle bodies, DBW traction control, the flexibility to seamlessly support any fuel mix you want to run (or switch between two fuels), and do it all with the reliability/peace-of-mind from the failsafes and diagnostics.

These literally just came out. We're still getting word from AEM on pricing and when the more affordable 6-cylinder versions will be out, but since these will require custom specs and harnesses, you know Jordan Innovations is the place to go.
jordaninnovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
so what your saying is...regardless of parts, it's tuning it for you?
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Awesome!!!
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
DonkeyPuncher00
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
DonkeyPuncher00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm not sure if it's "self-tuning" but it's about time that something this innovative came out.
DonkeyPuncher00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
so what your saying is...regardless of parts, it's tuning it for you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyPuncher00 View Post
I'm not sure if it's "self-tuning" but it's about time that something this innovative came out.
Certainly not self-tuning. We're talking about how the EMS figures out how much fuel to use, and when to inject it.

Older EMS's have the tuner set a pulsewidth (variable time with constant flow/pressure = varying amount of fuel) in each cell for ideal fueling on the day you're tuning it, and then set up trim tables to anticipate fueling in different air and engine conditions. Then you have to rely on closed-loop operation to make sure you're trimmed correctly.

Newer OEM ECU's and most of the new standalones do it a much more sensible way - you measure the amount of air actually coming into the engine, then give the engine different scenarios for deciding how much fuel and when to inject it (based on what fuel, how much boost, crusing vs accelerating, etc). The big advantage is it doesn't matter what the air is like, the engine will always run how you tuned it to.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
this looks amazing .. i cant wait to see real world results!

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
coupster
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
coupster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So I'm curious as to how much this EMS is going to run the pocket book? Is it going to come with a base tune?
coupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #8
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Post back when YOU (jordaninnovations) actually use it, to see how it runs
Old 07-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
this looks amazing .. i cant wait to see real world results!
Me neither. So far the only setups it's being tested on are 2JZ's, which are plug-and-play for the first units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupster View Post
So I'm curious as to how much this EMS is going to run the pocket book? Is it going to come with a base tune?
Should come in between $2500 and $3000. A comparable Motec would run between $4500 and $6k, similar to Pectel and Bosch, but all of those have weird pricing structures with unlockable features/etc (more $$$).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te37 View Post
Post back when YOU (jordaninnovations) actually use it, to see how it runs
I'm super curious about this comment, like I don't have tons of experience with AEM's or motorsports-level standalones? I will certainly be posting when I (Jeff Jordan / Jordan Innovations) use it, but as of now they're in beta. I'm trying to be the first to use them on a KA/SR and LSx.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 07-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #10
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
gimme. and also. GIMME. i volunteer to be test dummy.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
jordaninnovations
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Haha for sure Tyler, as soon as I can get my hands on one and pull some trickery to make it work on the SR, I'll chat numbers with you and figure it out.

Are you trying to go DBW for amazing traction control/cruise control/cheap 90mm throttle bodies? I know you don't need 4-wheel traction control... might be able to save the extra $500 or so and not do the Advanced Tuning package.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #12
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
i don't need traction control or anti-lag or anything crazy like that. cruise control would be nice. i just want efficiency and to safely maximize my existing setup. if its possible to buy one ecu that could later on down the line also be used to run a VE head that would be killer too.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:55 AM   #13
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
want to see results for sr.
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #14
Boostoff
Zilvia Member

Boostoff is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll take 2
Boostoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #15
racers4life77

Trader Rating: (0)
racers4life77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Peaked my curiosity!
racers4life77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #16
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordaninnovations View Post
Haha for sure Tyler, as soon as I can get my hands on one and pull some trickery to make it work on the SR, I'll chat numbers with you and figure it out.

Are you trying to go DBW for amazing traction control/cruise control/cheap 90mm throttle bodies? I know you don't need 4-wheel traction control... might be able to save the extra $500 or so and not do the Advanced Tuning package.
ME TOO!!! So interesting I was wondering if there was a EMS that would do this too. Well now there is =D
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #17
jordaninnovations
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks guys, getting a solid response at launch is the first step! Hoping to get word from AEM this coming week about when we can get the first one(s).
Old 09-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #18
jordaninnovations
Zilvia FREAK!

Update, we're ready to rock for SR, KA, RB, and VG engines, as long as we're not using the Advanced Tuning Package. You'll still get all the power/speed of the Infinity and the multi-fuel stuff for going E85<->pump gas/etc, the sweet logging, and later can upgrade to the Adv Tuning stuff if you need it.

Pricing will be ~$2800 + harness, so cheaper than your M48/M800, right inline with ProEFI and BigStuff, but with a much more competitive feature set.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #19
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Sweet, so have you got your hands on a prototype, or a module to test yet. Seems like aem is the first company to tune engines on a totally different level.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:50 AM   #20
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te37 View Post
Sweet, so have you got your hands on a prototype, or a module to test yet. Seems like aem is the first company to tune engines on a totally different level.
AEM has authorized me to buy one and see how it goes on a Nissan. I don't have $3k sitting around, so when any of the few that have said they're interested pull the trigger, we'll party.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #21
sliptones629
Zilvia Member

sliptones629 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in the market for another stand alone. Too bad you are on the wrong coast. I'm pretty interested in the capabilities.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #22
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliptones629 View Post
I'm in the market for another stand alone. Too bad you are on the wrong coast. I'm pretty interested in the capabilities.
If I'm on the wrong coast, I've at least got lots of great company lol.

If you want to put together a package, I don't have any problem doing it all remotely. We can even use an SR we have here for startup cal if you want. Shoot me a PM with details on your setup and we'll chat about it.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #23
sliptones629
Zilvia Member

sliptones629 is an unknown quantity at this point
You have a PM
Old 03-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #24
sweeper240
Leaky Injector

sweeper240 is an unknown quantity at this point
s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
If I'm on the wrong coast, I've at least got lots of great company lol.

If you want to put together a package, I don't have any problem doing it all remotely. We can even use an SR we have here for startup cal if you want. Shoot me a PM with details on your setup and we'll chat about it.

I want to talk about a full infinity setup for my s14 98 kouki sr20det in my s13 fastback
sweeper240 is offline   Reply With Quote