Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #1441
afracer

Trader Rating: (0)
afracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinge View Post
Please edit the first post for some important info that was not gone over.

The 2jzgte runss a higher cooling system pressure than a ka and the stock ka rad cap is only rated for 13psi you need a 16psi cap or you will have problems.
1.2 to 1.4 bar radiator cap and never look back!
afracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #1442
aled
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
aled is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I know this is more 1JZ related.

But anyone use this intake manifold from driftmotion?

Welcome to Driftmotion!

If so, what did you do to make it work?!
aled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #1443
BoostedVR4

BoostedVR4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Phonso View Post

Getting ready.

That's identical to what I wanted to do with my car. I'm trying to figure out what to do gauge wise this time around. About all I can think I need to look at is boost, oil press, and water temp.

I've got two Greddy gauges in the pillar now (boost/oil) and the AEM wideband on the dash. I'm getting rid of that, and getting an NGK wideband, which comes with a box instead of a gauge. So I was going to make a panel in the console for a water gauge, and that wideband readout. Can't think of anything else to put in there...

About 45 seconds into this video you can see my layout. Only difference now is I no longer have the Apexi EBC, I have the HKS.

240 running after engine rebuild... - YouTube
BoostedVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #1444
bkg775
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
bkg775 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aled View Post
I know this is more 1JZ related.

But anyone use this intake manifold from driftmotion?

Welcome to Driftmotion!

If so, what did you do to make it work?!
Search this thread I'm positive someone has an install pic on here of it
Old 02-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #1445
Mr. Phonso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Mr. Phonso is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
For those running AN lines for their fuel system, what fittings did you use at the beginning of the system to tie into the fuel tank? I was thinking of starting the AN lines from where the rubber hoses exit the fuel sending unit. Are there adapters out there that will allow the rubber OE hose to clamp onto a AN fitting?
Mr. Phonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #1446
jackal264
Zilvia Junkie

jackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Phonso View Post
For those running AN lines for their fuel system, what fittings did you use at the beginning of the system to tie into the fuel tank? I was thinking of starting the AN lines from where the rubber hoses exit the fuel sending unit. Are there adapters out there that will allow the rubber OE hose to clamp onto a AN fitting?

use -6 lines and screw clamps with a stock pump. run those lines to a surge tank and run a nice external pump using -8 feed and -6 return.

sorry i don't have a pic but i run clamps on the tank -6 an to the surge tank then -8 to filter then pump then rail and -6 back to the surge tank.
jackal264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:20 AM   #1447
91ka24
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
91ka24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Run push lock A.n. fittings to hook up to your fuel line.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #1448
Mr. Phonso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91ka24 View Post
Run push lock A.n. fittings to hook up to your fuel line.
I looked up push lock fittings and got these:

I was wondering if there is an adapter that has the end closer to this style:

Old 02-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #1449
RickS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
RickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Fuel set up pics
Would be great
RickS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #1450
turbo-2ns
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
turbo-2ns is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i plan on using this top hat Powerhouse Racing Fuel Pump Hanger for Nissan 240sx, Skyline R33, R34.
turbo-2ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #1451
Mr. Phonso
Zilvia Junkie

Wow that hanger looks very nice. But the stock fuel sending unit with a aero 340 pump should do me fine for my power goals. Just gotta find the right fittings to use that will allow me to start my AN lines from the rubber hoses that come off the FSU, as that is the most straight forward option that I can see.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #1452
turbo-2ns
Zilvia Junkie

iv had problems with the aeromotive 340, it falls off on the top under boost, i will be using the bosch 044
here is a good comparison chart
Fuel Pump Comparison Test : Real Street Performance Engine Parts, Pistons Rods Cams Valvetrain and More
Old 02-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #1453
jackal264
Zilvia Junkie

jackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo-2ns View Post
iv had problems with the aeromotive 340, it falls off on the top under boost, i will be using the bosch 044
here is a good comparison chart
Fuel Pump Comparison Test : Real Street Performance Engine Parts, Pistons Rods Cams Valvetrain and More
yes, the bosch 044 is the way to go.
jackal264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #1454
turbo-2ns
Zilvia Junkie

yes tried and true have probably used over 100 and never had one problem
Old 02-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #1455
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

ashtonroche is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLspeed View Post
The Toyota red works best with the components that it comes in contact with (factory parts I would assume). There were supra owners stating that they were having premature failure on cooling parts/orings (around water pump,etc) when using non Toyota red or equivalent
Having worked at a Toyota dealer I know for a fact that the Toyota coolant has a lot of additives in it. One for lubricating the water pump, one additive is basically a sealant additive that crusts up any time there is a leak to prevent you from losing a lot of coolant on a small leak. The coolant when it hits dry air will form like a crusty material to seal leaks. If you've seen older toyota models and see all the red crap that usually builds up around the edges of the radiator hoses where they connect to the radiator and water necks. That is what that does. This is a property directly related to the toyota red coolant. Lastly is the cooling additives added. Which is why you will see that it will run slightly cooler with that coolant. The toyota coolant is in my opinion probably one of the more advanced coolants on the market.

Its good stuff.
ashtonroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #1456
JohanM
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
JohanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^^^^ yeah hes right, i would not put anything else in the system.

here is what i accomplished last night, was waiting on the vvti gear o-ring to come in and reassemble the engine, today im getting the thermostat valve cover washers and an oil can, and then try to find a hose for my rear turbo oil drain to clear the new motor mount bracket.
JohanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #1457
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Where is the cheapest place to acquire a TRD thermostat for a 1JZ?
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #1458
JohanM
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
JohanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
if you can get a part number you might be able to find one for a decent price on villagetoyotaparts.com
JohanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #1459
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Turbo-2ns would you mind sharing the fuel setup/HP/ and provide more info on the issue with the pump? I have installed 2 of these in-tank as I have seen the data you provided but know of a few people that have run twin in-tank units and have had great success. Very interested on your feedback. Tx
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #1460
cchondro
Zilvia Junkie

cchondro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
Where is the cheapest place to acquire a TRD thermostat for a 1JZ?
Get the Mishimoto one
I'll be switching over to that one and its also 20$ cheaper and comes with a warranty
cchondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #1461
turbo-2ns
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
Turbo-2ns would you mind sharing the fuel setup/HP/ and provide more info on the issue with the pump? I have installed 2 of these in-tank as I have seen the data you provided but know of a few people that have run twin in-tank units and have had great success. Very interested on your feedback. Tx
first car was a civic was on 93oct id2000s -6an feed returned threw stock feed(common setup used at under 700whp) on a walbro the car started running out of fuel at a little over 500whp, switched to the stelth 340 turned the car up and the car started falling off around 550ish switched to a bosch and the car made 780

second car was a civic on e85 id2000 -8 feed -6 return didnd know what the pump was till after words, at 440 the car hit a brick wall and afr fell off fast he said its not the pump it has the twin aero 340s in it , told him to chang to bosch 044s and he was wery , came back the next week and the car put down a little under 900 and he left happy

i have had freek pumps iv seen 700hp on a walbro and iv seen boshes that wouldent make over 600 but have also had single 044 make 850
my rule of thumb is upto 500hp run a walbro up to 700 one bosch over 700 2 bosch or a weldon

i perfer not to run twin walbro/aeros/DW because if you loose one most the time you loose the motor since it will back feed threw the bad pump
with ath bosch it has a internal check valve you loose a pump it goes lean but not as bad
Old 02-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #1462
BoostedVR4

BoostedVR4 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have my motor, and picked up the tranny/mount kit/manifold, etc from Freed yesterday. Also snagged a PTE 6266 last night...

240SX reboot - YouTube
BoostedVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #1463
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
X2 the new mishimoto thermostats seem to be pretty good! Plus they are cheaper then the TRD ones.

I ran dual walbros for a year and hated the setup went down to one DW300 pump and haven't looked back, atleast till the new DW400+ comes out. might upgrade lol.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #1464
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVR4 View Post
I have my motor, and picked up the tranny/mount kit/manifold, etc from Freed yesterday. Also snagged a PTE 6266 last night...

240SX reboot - YouTube
Everyone is running that 6266. What A/r did you get?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #1465
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Gotcha....Thanks Turbo-2nr. I had two Bosch 044 but sold them since they are a PITA to deal with In-Tank on our stupidly shaped Fuel Tanks. I did not want to run the 044s externally so I picked these pumps up from Freed. I also know a few guys at M&S (Mostly 2JZ guys) running these but none that I can think of running 2000CC injectors.

I plan on running 1200-1300CC injectors....any chance the higher flow/demand injectors may be causing the added stress on the pumps making them fail? I read the article you posted and they do seem to taper off at the higher PSI range.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #1466
turbo-2ns
Zilvia Junkie

the higher cc injectors will hurt nothing , they only suply as much fuel as you need them to
Old 02-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #1467
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
i thought the mishimoto thermos ran too cold? i have one on my KA right now and it opens up at an even colder temp than the nismo thermo.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #1468
PG BOOSTED
Zilvia Junkie

PG BOOSTED is an unknown quantity at this point
how many of you guys have used suprastore.com?
PG BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #1469
cchondro
Zilvia Junkie

cchondro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
i thought the mishimoto thermos ran too cold? i have one on my KA right now and it opens up at an even colder temp than the nismo thermo.
You want it to run a little cooler
especially with the cooling issues we have in these cars

I have a cx racing radiator w/ water and water wetter mix with the Mishimoto thermo and I don't plan on any cooling issues
cchondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #1470
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG BOOSTED View Post
how many of you guys have used suprastore.com?
Don't, tons of bad reviews on SupraForums, what you looking to buy?