Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #61
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoPlsr View Post
For anyone having sealing problems with the high pressure rack fitting the issues seems to be with the Earls adapter fittings being too short and the o-ring not seating in the rack. A couple other companies sell longer fittings.

Details in this thread.
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/201523...s-leaking.html
I'll bump this thread with my info...
I just contacted both All Star and Flaming River. Both are too short to reach the bottom of the rack on the high pressure side. All Star is .740" and the Flaming River fitting is .840". OEM is .969".
Beejis60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #62
Danial
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Danial is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
I'll bump this thread with my info...
I just contacted both All Star and Flaming River. Both are too short to reach the bottom of the rack on the high pressure side. All Star is .740" and the Flaming River fitting is .840". OEM is .969".
This seems to suggest to me that maybe this modification should be altered to have this fitting welded in place? Or that the Earls fitting be welded to the screw in end of the OEM? Obviously you would need to be very for the latter of the two to line them up correctly before you TIG

Are both the rack and fitting steel?
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #63
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
This seems to suggest to me that maybe this modification should be altered to have this fitting welded in place? Or that the Earls fitting be welded to the screw in end of the OEM? Obviously you would need to be very for the latter of the two to line them up correctly before you TIG

Well, my measurement of the OEM fitting was from the seat to the hex head; after threading in my OEM fitting again last night to measure the total thread depth and not total fitting length, it appears to be just around .800 to .820 on the high pressure side. One MAY be able to use the Flaming River fitting if they ran a die over it to thread all the way up to the hex head.
As for weld-ons, Earls has alum, steel, and stainless; OEM box is steel. Additionally, the steel weld-on bung is only $4. I would weld it in a glove bag back-purged with argon though, just in case.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:37 AM   #64
Danial
Zilvia Member

Danial is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ Excellent info, +1

if someone tries it please post up your results, i'd love to see it
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #65
Mr.J

Mr.J is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post

What about just removing a little material from the top of the rack house so that the AN fitting seal properly?
Mr.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #66
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
What about just removing a little material from the top of the rack house so that the AN fitting seal properly?
Though there is certainly nothing wrong with this approach, it is easier said than done. To remove it to be 100% flush, or even close to that, you will need to set it in a vise, whether for machining or for hand-grinding; and there is no good surface to clamp to for using a mill. You may be able to clamp on to the outlet/inlet ports that feed to the crossover, but then, you will need to remove material by hand since it will be out of tram with the mill.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #67
Mr.J

Good point. I may try using some sealant in the interim just to get my car operational.

I saw this on another thread last night when I was researching the fittings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiy Stepanyan View Post

Steering rack, fittings for power steering

Old 07-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #68
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^Need more info on those, my twin wastegate dump tubes barely clear the area for the fittings that go into the rack. These fittings would work GREAT for me!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #69
Mr.J

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
^Need more info on those, my twin wastegate dump tubes barely clear the area for the fittings that go into the rack. These fittings would work GREAT for me!
Unfortunately, there was no info given on these fittings in the post. Maybe you could reach out to the OP for more info.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:44 AM   #70
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
Good point. I may try using some sealant in the interim just to get my car operational.

I saw this on another thread last night when I was researching the fittings.
Looks like they milled the face off quite a bit, likely to get that banjo to work. I've never seen a very long banjo bolt to fit this application, though I did not really look too closely. I still see a copper crush washer, which I do not trust and banjos will never seat in the PS box properly. Moreover, I wouldn't trust to use thread dope or thread sealant since that's a banjo fitting.... Basically, your sealing comes from a crush washer. No thanks
Old 07-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #71
Beejis60
BANNED

I got in my Fueled Racing stuff the other day. All they do is buy the Fragola PS fittings and turn them on the lathe to knock down the hex head a bit. Installed, they don't even come close to the hex when fully tight. I feel pretty certain that these will not leak:

Old 07-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #72
ill.
Zilvia Member

ill. is an unknown quantity at this point
Those fittings look like they'll work well. That might be what I have to do haha.

What does everyone do for the high pressure pump outlet?
Old 07-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #73
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill. View Post
Those fittings look like they'll work well. That might be what I have to do haha.

What does everyone do for the high pressure pump outlet?
That last pic is the high pressure outlet on my pump, just note that I have an LS2.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:44 PM   #74
nyc240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
nyc240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
if anyone needs a custom fitting an flange for the rb25 powersteering reservoir to feed on pump i can have that fitting made for you $45 shipped. Its a flange with a -10an fitting machined
nyc240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #75
ov1989
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
ov1989 will become famous soon enoughov1989 will become famous soon enoughov1989 will become famous soon enoughov1989 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
subscribe.
ov1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:59 AM   #76
NismoPlsr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
NismoPlsr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc240sx View Post
if anyone needs a custom fitting an flange for the rb25 powersteering reservoir to feed on pump i can have that fitting made for you $45 shipped. Its a flange with a -10an fitting machined
Any pictures of this? I am interested.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #77
2iv0 sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Seems like bc. made his own lines retaining the stock fittings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
Got my line done. It deletes any need for a banjo fitting.

This was the original banjo stud that came out of the pump. It was cut in half to remove the stock banjo connection but will retain all functionality of the pressure reducing assembly inside the pump.

Here is the side that goes into the rack. All 'welded' connections were actually done with silver solder.

Sorry the last pic is blurry, but you get the idea. The hardline was cut and soldered to a hose barb. The o-rings were also replaced.
2iv0 sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #78
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Dam i forgot about this thread!!
for the rack side high-pressure fitting
i ended up having a custom fitting made out of brass for this, basically i copied the dimensions of the hard line on one end and a -6AN on the other, i will try to get pics when i get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #79
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Seraphim38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Seraphim38
pirtek makes custom lines to specification for cheap, and they will never leak. My whole oil relocation and boost/vacuum lines were all made by pirtek. I only have one hose under the hood with a clamp on it (other than intercooler piping and radiator hoses).
Old 06-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #80
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I used a Nissan Titan setup for a while. Worked flawlessly and not too much modifications needed. I wish I saved some pictures somewhere. I may roll with this when I finish my next car, doe.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #81
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Its a little longer then it should be...but works flawlessly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #82
DET240SX
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
DET240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Subscribed
DET240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #83
reeskm
Leaky Injector

reeskm is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn epic stuff. I'm going to be pluming in a B&M supercooler (72005 model) for my p/s coolant. Not gonna run AN lines at the moment. I'm too lazy

But, this really helped me figure out how to run my cooler!

Anybody have any concerns that most aftermarket coolers and AN-6 lines are ~8.75 mm (3/8") and the Nissan uses metric lines? The low pressure return to resevoir nipple measures in a 9.75mm on my car, and it's a bit of a snug fit for a 3/8" ID hose.
reeskm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #84
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
I got in my Fueled Racing stuff the other day. All they do is buy the Fragola PS fittings and turn them on the lathe to knock down the hex head a bit. Installed, they don't even come close to the hex when fully tight. I feel pretty certain that these will not leak:

Somebody as a link to where i could get those fueled racing fitingor the fragola and i would turn them on the lathe my self.

I Just cant find one long enough !?!?

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:16 PM   #85
Beejis60
BANNED

They're just fragola PS fittings. Get the right sized metrics, I think M14 and M16. That's it.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #86
NismoPlsr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
NismoPlsr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Here are the Allstar part numbers.

Power Steering Adapter, Steel, Zinc Plated, -6 AN Male to 14mm x 1.50 Inverted Flare
ALL48211

Power Steering Adapter, Steel, Zinc Plated, -6 AN Male to 16mm x 1.50 Inverted Flare
ALL48210

After a few minutes on the lathe.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #87
Beejis60
BANNED

Nice. I know the allstar stuff was closer to OEM length than any other fitting.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #88
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Thanks alot NismoPlsr

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #89
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post
The problem of no "feel" in steering comes from no flow restriction. there is a way to adjust the amount of flow when you replace all the hardlines with this setup from the pump itself..but that involves in taking apart the pump itself.

Cool write up man!
Any links to what/how to adjust the flow with the pump? I have 1 or 2 extra power steering pumps lying around and would like to try it.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #90
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Star View Post
Any links to what/how to adjust the flow with the pump? I have 1 or 2 extra power steering pumps lying around and would like to try it.
You can shim the pump or put in a flow restrictor.... The problem with restrictors is that they're a set amount and you have to hope they restrict flow just enough; if they're too big then you just wasted $30-50. Too small then you can at least bore it with a drill bit.
Or you can put in a variable pressure regulator but those run around $250 iirc.