Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #31
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed View Post
Ok, so my thread got deleted without any notification, that's pretty unprofessional imo.

25 year old car is a 25 year old car. If it's a personal/private sale I don't see the issue. There's been plenty of people selling cars that fall into that category for awhile now without any issues.

.......Nope. A 25 year old car that was originally imported or built for US market is NOT the same as a 25 year old "grey" market vehicle.

It's also very unprofessional breaking forum rules to sell something, no?? . Not a jab at you, but the rule goes both ways.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2016, 12:37 PM   #32
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
damn but they just freed gucci mane....
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:46 PM   #33
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
.......Nope. A 25 year old car that was originally imported or built for US market is NOT the same as a 25 year old "grey" market vehicle.

It's also very unprofessional breaking forum rules to sell something, no?? . Not a jab at you, but the rule goes both ways.
Well yes, obviously, but that's not what I meant. Forgive me for not being clear;

I was strictly about 25 year old cars that have been imported legally.

And until today I didn't even realize you have to be a paid advertiser to sell legally imported cars no matter what here. Probably because the enforcement on that has been basically zero. I'll be honest, I think that's a pretty dumb rule.

If you're willing to show proof the car was brought over here legally (stamped customs forms, etc) then I just don't get what the big deal is?

Seems like DorkiDori just made up all these rules on his own accord. I can understand people getting scammed in the past and stuff, but if people can show their car is legit, and it's not a commercial sale, they should be able to list their cars here imo.

I'm not going to spend a couple hundred dollars in order to gain advertiser status just so I can sell one car.
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:50 PM   #34
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:

If you're willing to show proof the car was brought over here legally (stamped customs forms, etc) then I just don't get what the big deal is?

Seems like DorkiDori just made up all these rules on his own accord. I can understand people getting scammed in the past and stuff, but if people can show their car is legit, and it's not a commercial sale, they should be able to list their cars here imo.

I'm not going to spend a couple hundred dollars in order to gain advertiser status just so I can sell one car.
I see your points........all of them
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:09 PM   #35
ilia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The moderators want to do their best to keep the buyer safe. They don't want to see members of Zilvia getting burned by purchasing illegal cars.

One way to verify that the cars being sold are legitimate is by verifying that the vendor selling them has a proven track record of legally imported cars and happy clients.

One of the ways to verify that is by having that vendor communicate directly with the moderators, explain his business model, and sign up a sponsor.

By signing up as a supporting vendor on Zilvia, you're entering into an agreement with Zilvia as an organization, and are assumed to be a legitimate business. If you don't deliver to clients, Zilvia can ban you as a vendor, and that's one means of recourse that is available to keep people safe from shitty importers.

It's not a perfect process, but it is a clear attempt by the dudes that run this forum to balance things in the interest of the buyer (which is a good thing). Pretty simple, really.

Also- anyone who is making a commercial sale should pay as a forum sponsor. If you are selling personally owned things as part of your hobby, you sell for free. If you are selling things for commercial purposes for the purpose of advancing your business, you should be a paying vendor. That's not unique to this forum, that's the case on literally every single forum on the planet.

If you are considering doing business with an organization that does not understand these basic principles, that's a bad sign. Any normal honest business person gets all of the above, and wouldn't raise a stink about it.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:40 PM   #36
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Im sick of listening to everyone whine about this... Ive repealed the grey market car ban. HOWEVER, there are rules that need to be followed when listing the cars for sale! Please refer to the below thread...

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=555115

Also, instead of pointing fingers or PMing me rude little comments because you couldnt post your grey market cars for sale... Perhaps you should grow up and realize IM NOT THE ONLY MOD ON THE FORUMS!!! I havent had time lately to police the marketplace due to A LOT of personal matters happening right now. I help out when I can, but at the moment my personal life is VERY busy and I dont have time to dig thru 15-20 pages worth of posts to either delete or spank naughty 20 year olds on the ass for simply not reading the forum rules posted at the top of ALL Marketplace Forums!!!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:41 PM   #37
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
PS: One of the new rules is... IF YOURE FLIPPING CARS ON HERE AS A DEALER, YOU ARE ON GROUNDS OF RECEIVING A PERMANBAN FROM THE MARKETPLACE WHEN YOU ARE CAUGHT! Quit being a cheap ass and buy a vendor account otherwise face the possibility of the ban hammer! KTHXBAI!

Old 06-15-2016, 01:43 PM   #38
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
this is the kind of shit im sick of... get over it. post your car for sale

Old 06-15-2016, 01:52 PM   #39
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosmer View Post
I bought a JDM car from an approved vendor and no car ever showed up. He also stole from 3 other members for more than $80k...but we all know that thread was deleted and the motherfucker still sells in the vendor classifieds under a different name...so what are you guaranteeing? Can I quote that next time I talk to my lawyer as I'm still fighting this 3 years later to collect the rest of my money?
I am not guaranteeing anything. The vendors are required to have their paperwork in order to sell here. The only recourse we have is to permanently ban the vendor and any future accounts. All sales are Cavet Emptor and have been.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:03 PM   #40
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Ive never understood people holding Zilvia accountable for deals gone shitty! You dont sue Craigslist when you get stiffed... It is YOUR responsibility as a BUYER to request ALL documentation for the deal to make sure its a legit transaction. If for some odd reason you feel ANYTHING is out of whack, STOP THE DEAL IMMEDIATELY! Its your right as a buyer to back out of a deal when something is fishy... But it has been stated since the dawn of Zilvia that ALL SALES ARE CAVET EMPTOR! YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN DEAL!

Old 06-15-2016, 02:08 PM   #41
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
I bought some tires on here, and then they blew up after only ONE day of drifting. zilvia should buy me new ones.
#AmIDoingItRight ???

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:08 PM   #42
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
I bought some tires on here, and then they blew up after only ONE day of drifting. zilvia should buy me new ones.
#AmIDoingItRight ???
#yesyouare

Old 06-15-2016, 02:12 PM   #43
Nissan2nr22
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Nissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
such genius
Nissan2nr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:17 PM   #44
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I will moderate the forums....I'm on here all day everyday anyway may as well do something useful.

I was born in V-bulletin forums, shaped by them. Most of you have merely adopted the forums.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:25 PM   #45
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Im sick of listening to everyone whine about this... Ive repealed the grey market car ban. HOWEVER, there are rules that need to be followed when listing the cars for sale! Please refer to the below thread...

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=555115

I appreciate you stepping in and clarifying things. Seems simple enough. With the number of imported cars being sold on here on the rise, it was probably best this happened sooner than later.
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #46
hosmer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
hosmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I didn't throw the word "guarantee" out so what are you talking about. It makes it sound like the vendors are vetted trustworthy individuals

Did I sue the board? No

Did I sue the individual? Yes

Did I make a thread about it? Yes

Did it get deleted because hes a paying advertiser? We can only assume

Does he still post/advertise on the board? Yes

Can I prove it? Yes

But hey, a bucks a bucks and who cares about morality

hosmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:47 PM   #47
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

What if I told you that you could spend NO money and sell NO cars here...or...you could spend a couple of hundreds dollars and sell ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the cars here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post

I was born in V-bulletin forums, shaped by them. Most of you have merely adopted the forums.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:00 PM   #48
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosmer View Post
I didn't throw the word "guarantee" out so what are you talking about. It makes it sound like the vendors are vetted trustworthy individuals
which company was it? im curious...

Old 06-15-2016, 03:06 PM   #49
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
which company was it? im curious...
Billy Vaughn/RHDAmerica, constant pain in the ass.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:26 PM   #50
jabbacalvin
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jabbacalvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good job Fed Legal Imports, you just ruined your company name on Zilvia.

PS: Pay to be an advertiser, cheap ass.
jabbacalvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:32 PM   #51
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Billy Vaughn/RHDAmerica, constant pain in the ass.
gotcha! i had a feeling it was either RHDAmerica or GTRGarage.