Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-08-2005, 12:06 AM   #121
Ian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wait...your'e running 205/40 on a 17???

jesus...i thought my 215/45 was a short tire haha
i'll look into lower profiles so i can drop it more

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2005, 02:00 AM   #122
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212
wait...your'e running 205/40 on a 17???

jesus...i thought my 215/45 was a short tire haha
i'll look into lower profiles so i can drop it more
a 215/45 on a 9 is the common stretch. 215/40 is more extreme. scott your running 205/50 or 205/40 up front, if so, are you using a tube to get the bead to set??

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 02:05 AM   #123
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212
i just had did an event yesterday...and i damn near rubbed all the way through my wiring harness...and i have it pulled up over my fender lip too!

it's rubbing right at the firewall where the wires come out...it's about .75" away from the metal at full lock pointing left...i'm gonna have to relocate it thru the engine bay i guess...i hate working on electical shit

on another note, how does your front clear in any way shape or form? lol, my car is a good 2" higher then yours w/ 225/45/17 in the front and i get smoke from my front fender when i get deep angle and high speed.
seems like your tire series is really high for such a wide tire. try like 225/40 or 235/40 yah I get the same problem, but thats attributed to the gay ass fronts I got for cheap, I already relocated the harness inside the engine bay, but I just may go back and run it up and around so it doesn't come close to the tire at near full lock and compression

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:55 AM   #124
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
i donno, i always thought that 225/45/17 was a very common size on our cars...i think i'm gonna go for a 235/40 all around now that i'm in need of new tires. I cant find any 225/40 anywhere, only 1 set of Nittos.

Why would you run it back through the fender now that you have it in the engine bay?

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 10-08-2005, 09:13 PM   #125
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
How's my bumpsteer? Well lets just say I've got enough for everyone on zilvia to have some, and still have plenty left for myself. But I don't feel it when I'm drifting, so I couldn't care less. Feels GREAT GREAT GREAT drifting this low. It's a completely different car than 1 1/2" higher. Just Tein tie rods. I'll get some bumpsteer adjustable rod ends sometime.

Yeah they're 17x9 +15 FN's. I need like a 20mm spacer tho. With ~3.5-4 degrees of camber in front, and this low, they're sunk like a f'ing battleship. Yeah, I'm running a 205/40. With a nice grippy tire, it's great. I love how it feels, and it allows me to keep the car dumped. I compared one of my wheels with 205/40 to one with 225/45 and the latter of the two was almost exactly 2" taller! That's a ton. I don't have to use a cheetah to mount them. hell, I don't even have to hit the blaster on the machine or take the valvecore out of the stem. Easier than many of the other tires I mount up on a daily basis. Why? I dunno. Stretching tires is easy and not near as big a deal as tire guys (*read: Idiots) think it is.

Cheers.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:59 PM   #126
Ian
Post Whore!

yeah, my tire guy does a 215/45 on my 9 with ease.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 10-09-2005, 11:59 AM   #127
raen419
Zilvia Member

raen419 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raen419
scott, the only bad thing about slamming your car is messing with the roll center...but fuck it, that looks hot....hahahaa
raen419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 12:22 PM   #128
silviaz
Zilvia Junkie

silviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-known
Oh man I didn't know it was possible to go low that much !!!!!! bouhaha your ride is HOT! And you drift well too !! Good luck on the street bro.
silviaz is offline   Reply With Quote