Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-16-2005, 11:17 AM   #1
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
KA Modification Time

Hey everybody, right now ive got a stock 1992 240sx SE fastback, and ive got about 4g's what parts should i get, and about how much hp could i get for this amount? Thx ive searched, but its like every1 has unlimited bank funds so how could i get this shit going fast.
punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2005, 01:47 PM   #2
wootwoot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Um, last thing would be hp stuff really. By the way, how much power do you want anyway? With 4 grand I would get coilovers, all suspension bushings, lsd, rims/good tires, and z brakes. Then I would start saving for power mods. If you dont want much power, just get cams/ full exhaust and stuff. But the other dealys are important as well. I dont think anyone here has unlimited funds either.
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 05:44 PM   #3
punxva
Post Whore!

punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
well im kinda looking for all go no show, i want teh apexi n1 exhaust but the only problem is the shipping of it. Any one have any other suggustions for an exhaust, and wut cold air intake? Not the injen kind, cause im not gonna pay like $300 for both parts lol.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:01 PM   #4
MikeFD3S
Zilvia Member

MikeFD3S is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MikeFD3S
If you want a good clean car, first fix the car mechanically by servicing the maintenance items, suspension, bushings, brakes, steering rack, drivetrain, etc etc. This is almost a 15 year old car, remember that.

After that you can probably do the popular SR swap for power.

Remember, you wont really gain much power with intake/exhaust mods on the NA KA24DE engine
'90 240SX Hatch

'89 240SX Coupe [dead]
'91 Geo Storm [dead]
'86 FC3S GXL [gone]
MikeFD3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 06:14 PM   #5
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
coilovers - $1000+
Rucas/forward link/lateral link/ tension rods - $500 (hehe only for me!)
front Z Brakes - $400
Pads rotors lines - $235
Subframe spacers - $70
Inner and out tie rods - $140
Nismo power brace - $150
sway bars - $300
TE37's - $875 (another one just for mE!!!)
some LSD - $270-$1000
Strut tower bars - $250

This is what I started with. Power is overrated, but I'm one to talk, I got an Sr now.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:04 PM   #6
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
How much power do you want, it makes the difference in what mods to start off with. It basically governs everymod you do to your car
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 06:33 AM   #7
punxva
Post Whore!

um, well im looking to get atleast 190 to 200
Old 03-17-2005, 06:47 AM   #8
d4vech3n
Zilvia Member

d4vech3n is an unknown quantity at this point
you can slap a ka-t.org turbo kit on there to get your power goals but I'd use the moeny for coil overs, a few suspension link arms with pillowball bushings, and a nice 2-way LSD. You'd probably be out of money by then. Nice offset rims, tires, and steering wheel would come next for me if there is some money left over but if you're hardcore, you'd probably want Z brakes before that.
d4vech3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:10 PM   #9
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Get a SR. I hear they are sweet.

Get suspension too.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:44 PM   #10
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Rusker is on a distinguished road
Your car is fairly old, make sure it's in good running condition before you start modding it.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:03 PM   #11
punxva
Post Whore!

ok so ive been thinking, about how much all together would an sr20det swap be? I dont have much mechanical knowledge, so i prolly couldnt install it myself unless it was super easy to do, but i really want one, but iono how much everything for a complete swap would be...
Old 03-20-2005, 06:20 PM   #12
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
adding power before taking care of your suspension will make the car not fun.... at lease start with an entry set of coilovers.... good tires.. brakes.. and stuff.. then start adding power.... paying somebody to do the sr will cost roughly:

for a basic s13 sr swap with labor since you dont know how to do it... your gonna need another 2000-4000 grand.... depends on where you go... dont just go anywhere either.. go to a reliable place... there prices might scare you but its better to be safe than sorry..
SR240DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:35 PM   #13
timmybgood
Zilvia Member

timmybgood is an unknown quantity at this point
an sr installed totally stock is gonna be around 4g's or so and will have like what 165whp? but once you get more money each mod will make a nice difference.

of course i would do what everyone else said and do all the other stuff first cuz it makes sense and its what i did. but you just want to go fast and thats cool.

or i guess you could do a basic turbo setup for like 2g's which could be around 190whp'ish then use the rest and get new rotors, pads, tires, and a basic suspension (shocks/springs) and that'd be a good start all around
Old 03-20-2005, 08:20 PM   #14
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
1st get the money together
THEN BUY A V8, if you want power, and dont care about handling
Old 03-21-2005, 06:02 PM   #15
punxva
Post Whore!

ok how much would a rebuild be for a ka? ive got 188k miles, on my DOHC, and what parts would i need to do it? and last thing, thx for the help
Old 03-21-2005, 06:27 PM   #16
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
Quote:
Originally Posted by punxva
ok how much would a rebuild be for a ka? ive got 188k miles, on my DOHC, and what parts would i need to do it? and last thing, thx for the help

*sigh*.....go to any machine shop that works on imports.... and ask them.. they will help you out.... good luck...
SR240DET is offline   Reply With Quote