Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-19-2005, 06:32 PM   #1
SRaznDRFTR
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
SRaznDRFTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SRaznDRFTR
SR Need Help!! Sr Not Starting!!!!!

wassup guys! okay...i checked for spark by using the valve cover method thingy to check for spark..i got spark...from all coil packs...how close does it have to be btw? meaning when i checked for the spark...i had to be like 1mm away to get a spark??...i know im getting fuel cuz i hear the fuel pump and smell gas from the plugs...so what could it be?? and one other thing...when i connect the battery terminals...and put the ignition on the on switch it stays on...even with the key out...so wtf?! i dunno what happened there...so if you guys could help meh out that would be great...cuz im out of ideas...i mean shouldn't i at least get the car to turn over because it does have fuel and spark?? but it doesn't do that it juss cranks...im in SoCal so if any of you Socal guys out there wanna roll by...i'll pay for your gas some extra $$ or brew/food for your help...lmk...its been a long time i driven my car and i want to drive it...even if it still had the KA!!!! thnx guys!!

-DeL

Vouch Thread -----> Vouches
SRaznDRFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2005, 07:08 PM   #2
SRaznDRFTR
Leaky Injector

SR

oh yea...i even put it on TDC...and that didn't work...with the crank pulley and CAS...or do i have to do it over and over again if it doesn't start? and i don't wanna give up on this cuz i've already spent the time and money juss trying to get it in and to start...and i don't have my KA anymore...well at least the parts...GaH!!

Old 03-20-2005, 01:48 AM   #3
SRaznDRFTR
Leaky Injector

Angry

hmm...so far 17 views and no posts except for mine...so out of the 17...i guess no one has a clue huh? well that sux...cuz iono shiet too!!!

Old 03-20-2005, 04:01 AM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
are you getting spark? just have the tip touch the manifold while you try to crank it. If you got spark, fuel and your timings done rite and still wouldnt start. Double check your fuel lines and make sure theyre connected the right way and you didnt crossed em.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:44 AM   #5
SRaznDRFTR
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx
are you getting spark? just have the tip touch the manifold while you try to crank it. If you got spark, fuel and your timings done rite and still wouldnt start. Double check your fuel lines and make sure theyre connected the right way and you didnt crossed em.
hey flip! thnx for all the help man...you've been helping meh a lot bro! much appreciated...as far as i know im getting spark...because i did test the plugs to see if its getting spark...and the plugs are covered with fuel so i know it has fuel and i did set it at TDC...but maybe i might have tighten the plug too tight where the coil isn't reaching it? do you think that could be the problem? thnx again flip! are you flip btw? juss curious?

-DeL

Old 03-20-2005, 10:37 AM   #6
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
Muzzy: well...im thinkin ignitor chip....or u set it to TDC..but the wrong one......(yea i know there is only one) its where the came lobes are facing away from each other then u line up the little dots.

if u are gettin spark and fuel.....but not firing....its coil packs, ignitor chip, or timing...somewhere in there....unless u routed the fuel line backwards..those are the only thing i can come up with at the moment.

look in the FSM and see how to test the coil pack and ignitor chip.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:30 AM   #7
SRaznDRFTR
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420sx
Muzzy: well...im thinkin ignitor chip....or u set it to TDC..but the wrong one......(yea i know there is only one) its where the came lobes are facing away from each other then u line up the little dots.

if u are gettin spark and fuel.....but not firing....its coil packs, ignitor chip, or timing...somewhere in there....unless u routed the fuel line backwards..those are the only thing i can come up with at the moment.

look in the FSM and see how to test the coil pack and ignitor chip.
thnx for the info...not to sound like a big @ss n00b...but i am to Nissan (---->Ex-Honda Guy<----) but whats an FSM?? i've read it in other threads but didn't know what it stood for...thnx again...i'll see what i could do with the coil packs and ignitor chip...and the fuel thingy...doesn't the top of the filter go to the one closest to it from the intake mani...and the return line goes to the FPR? thnx again!

-DeL

Old 03-20-2005, 03:29 PM   #8
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Rusker is on a distinguished road
Factory Service Manual
Old 03-20-2005, 03:36 PM   #9
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Rusker is on a distinguished road

Find one, and buy it. This will be the best money you spend on your car, I promise. There are version online, but nothing beats having it in book form.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:55 PM   #10
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Best bet would be, go to the SR FAQs section and download the S14 SR FSM. Its pretty much the same with just the variable timing crap difference.

Anyways, double check your timing again. Pop the valve cover off and follow this... PHASE2 TIMING

When you set it in TDC, stick a long extention into the the #1 cylinder. Turn the crank till the extention is all the way up and check the cam gears. There will be pins on the sprockets. Intake side should be at 10 oclock position and the exhaust side should be in 12 oclock. If these are not, keep turning the the crank till they do. Follow the above to line up the CAS.

Then like i said earlier, double check your fuel lines and make sure you didnt cross em. And when you fire it up, use a plier to pinch the IN fuel line a bit, sometimes that helps it fire up in my experience.

PS: yah im FLIP

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 04:18 PM   #11
ultraDorksGarage
Zilvia Member

ultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura about
resetting timing to FSM(same as phase2 document) is best bet, sounds like u got timing 180 degrees out.

1 more thing ive seen thats whack... have u wired up ur gauges... this sounds stupid, but if u wire ur temp gauge to the thermosensor(or was it probe) that goes to ecu, or short it, it will dump fuel like there is no tommorow. easy way to check is after u try to crank motor, pull a couple of injector plugs, and try to recrank. if it stumbles/starts rough, than u r prolly dumping fuel. this normally affects car when u get to temp and cant start, but ive seen it do this on cold cars too.
ultraDorksGarage is offline   Reply With Quote