Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-19-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
Scott5586
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Scott5586 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Water in S14. ALOT

Everytime it rains i have a big puddle in my rear passenger side of my car. yes i mean puddle (like 3 inchs). i have a s14 with a sunroof. the sunroof leaks but only a little bit and when it does it only gets on my headliner, but where could the water be coming from that ends up on my floor. i dont see any water running down inside my car anywhere. does anyone else have a similar problem? can anyone help me?
ssautochrome dual-tip catback
sr swap coming janurary 06
Scott5586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2005, 07:17 PM   #2
NI_YON_Zenki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
NI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Actually. I've had this problem. I was stuck between traffic and a small flood gate pluged up. I had to go thru, it wasen't bad, but high tide on the street never is for a car 7"'s off the road. the next morning had to worry about how I was going to cover the puddle before I move again. Check the underside of the car. There shouldn't be any leaks coming from the upper area of the car. makes no sense to drain in that direction, and the sunroof would leak onto the passenger seat before hitting the area mentioned. You would see it. . .Get Back.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:40 PM   #3
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
If the rear drip rail is broken or misaligned in the sunroof the incoming water will drip right through the headliner into the floorboard. That's pretty common on OE S14 sunroofs.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 08:20 PM   #4
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It prolly goes across the top of your headliner and down the b-pillar.
S14DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:18 PM   #5
gfisch
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
gfisch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gfisch
well, theres a tube (2 actually i think) that the water in the gutter of the sunroof drains down. Maybe the hole that lets the water in teh drain is clogged.

My snrf is fine on my 240, but thats what caused a leak in my parents quest.
'98 Ford Explorer XLT
gfisch is offline   Reply With Quote