Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #931
O$mo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
O$mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORShi View Post
In complete honesty, these are highly executed and genuinely has high quality in them. One cannot argue that sheer quality of work that some of the Donks/Bubbles/Boxes have. Perfect example is Miami-Dade Florida. Homies down there got it right.

Even though I highly disagree with these 240sx and the donk look. The paintjob, interior is damn near flawless. Do you see the underbody of that Sky/Baby blue one? It look spit shine clean. Put's a lot of these S-Chassis to shame in cleanliness and quality.
drug money can buy a lot of detail and quality
Old 11-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #932
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by O$mo View Post
drug money can buy a lot of detail and quality
I plead the 5th

SOOO....how is the weather where y'all guys at? It's freezing cold here in great ol' Columbus, Ohio you know. lol
Old 11-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #933
cdvr-s13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
cdvr-s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by harris180 View Post
Again, opinions from people that don't actually drive.. Notice not one of the people in this thread have ever actually driven a matsuri in japan? Literally every car there looks like that, and there are heaps of 'family cars', rwd rb powered cars that have interchangable parts with s13's.. You guys can keep living the service station lifestyle and sticking 'illest' stickers to your cars, i'll keep driving them into the ground..

Enjoy the poser lifestyle boys!!!
mad jdm tyte drifer elitist vs style elitists

I fucking lold at the bolded part though, you sound like some nerdy kid talking shit about how someone doesn't know about your favorite anime character or something. Newsflash: nobody gives a fuck. If matsuri cars or whatever they are called (can't be bothered to look it up, I don't have a big ol Japan boner/idolizing Japan complex) look like piles of shit, then they belong in a thread full of other cars that look like piles of shit.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:56 PM   #934
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
90% of Australians have no style and are Hoonigan lovers. Don't bother arguing with him.

He doesn't understand the LOOK of the car versus HOW the car is driven. They're very different.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:07 AM   #935
harris180
Zilvia Member

harris180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdvr-s13 View Post
mad jdm tyte drifer elitist vs style elitists

I fucking lold at the bolded part though, you sound like some nerdy kid talking shit about how someone doesn't know about your favorite anime character or something. Newsflash: nobody gives a fuck. If matsuri cars or whatever they are called (can't be bothered to look it up, I don't have a big ol Japan boner/idolizing Japan complex) look like piles of shit, then they belong in a thread full of other cars that look like piles of shit.
Again, do you truly not understand my problem with this entire thread.. You specifically thinks that matsuri laurel looks like shit, but people that partake in matsuri's would think that car was cool, because its all about people's perception..

I think a car is doing it wrong when it's hellaflush and basically has tyre rubbing on guard, as do many other people.. Do those cars belong in here? Shit, some of the cars in the 'best S chassis on zilvia' thread are hellaflush, or have big stupid kits, or whatever.. It's all about perception..
harris180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:20 AM   #936
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Again, do you truly not understand my problem with this entire thread.. You specifically thinks that matsuri laurel looks like shit, but people that partake in matsuri's would think that car was cool, because its all about people's perception..

I think a car is doing it wrong when it's hellaflush and basically has tyre rubbing on guard, as do many other people.. Do those cars belong in here? Shit, some of the cars in the 'best S chassis on zilvia' thread are hellaflush, or have big stupid kits, or whatever.. It's all about perception..
Exactly why that stuff pops up in this thread all the time

BTW, no one really cares that your feelings are hurt because of a thread about ugly cars.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:35 AM   #937
harris180
Zilvia Member

hahahaha it is shocking to me how many of you guys are willing to defend this thread like its your life.. You guys better all drive mint as fuck cars, otherwise its the worst case of the pot calling the kettle black that i've ever seen..

hhhhmmm:

Old 11-02-2014, 12:41 AM   #938
harris180
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
90% of Australians have no style and are Hoonigan lovers. Don't bother arguing with him.

He doesn't understand the LOOK of the car versus HOW the car is driven. They're very different.
Taken from a different thread..

Quote:
Looks nice. I need to get on this.

Mine are still secured with zipties. No problems yet tho.
You chowderheads are the biggest hypocrites iv ever seen.. You falkon have your side skirts cable tied to your car, something that has definitely been noted as 'doing it wrong' in this thread, and oldmate above me's car has shitty tail lights, miismatched wheels and a split quarter panel..

ffs, do you idiots seriously not see whats going on here?
Old 11-02-2014, 01:00 AM   #939
ziptie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ziptie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Again, opinions from people that don't actually drive.. Notice not one of the people in this thread have ever actually driven a matsuri in japan? Literally every car there looks like that, and there are heaps of 'family cars', rwd rb powered cars that have interchangable parts with s13's.. You guys can keep living the service station lifestyle and sticking 'illest' stickers to your cars, i'll keep driving them into the ground..

Yeah I've been and a week either side of matsuri. There was still an insane amount of clean street driven cars at Ebisu and in general on the street away from the tracks. The cars which were completely wrecked like the 180sx with inter cooler sitting on top of the engine have been to every matsuri for 5 years. So I get that.
The cars which are completley wrecked in this thread generally are made to look like that with only seeing a track once or streeting every 6 months when its a bit wet. That I don't get.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:10 AM   #940
MidnightKouki
Zilvia Member

MidnightKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd say about 99% of the pics posted belong right here. I think it's moreso the fact that you can take one look at these cars and know EXACTLY what the dude who owns it is like. "That" guy to the max.

Trying to extract the maximum amount of FLASH (read: swag) for your buck will always end in an abomination. There's a reason nice things cost money in every aspect of life.

And the "well it's a drift car" excuse is such bullshit. What other major motorsport is there where everyone just lets their cars look like shit until they literally rust into dust?

Style isn't something some people even have the mental capacity to possess. Basically as long as walmart sells jeans, shitty 240's will exist.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:22 AM   #941
harris180
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziptie View Post
Yeah I've been and a week either side of matsuri. There was still an insane amount of clean street driven cars at Ebisu and in general on the street away from the tracks. The cars which were completely wrecked like the 180sx with inter cooler sitting on top of the engine have been to every matsuri for 5 years. So I get that.
The cars which are completley wrecked in this thread generally are made to look like that with only seeing a track once or streeting every 6 months when its a bit wet. That I don't get.
yep, and again, i have said countless times that there is a clear difference between the people who have rattle canned their car black and fitted trailer wheels and badly rolled their guards to look cool in front of their friends, and the people who drive their car at the race track every weekend/at matsuri and have a car that looks shitty because of that..

Lumping those two into the same category because the car doesn't look flawless is fucken stupid in my opinion..
Old 11-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #942
Stiveno
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Stiveno is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
yeah the "well its a drift car" excuse just means you suck at drifting, or "just aint care". I haven't went tandem because me/my car arent ready for it, but my car has seen pretty much no damage at the track. Accidental wall taps are okay I guess, but if the rest if the car looks awful, it has nothing to do with drifting.
Stiveno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:34 AM   #943
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
We should re-title this thread, "You're being a real harris180."
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:52 AM   #944
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
its because you chowderheads are posting either missile cars at ebisu, or half finished cars that are in a shed and are then pulling each others dicks about how bad the car looks, and how your shit looks way better than that..

Do you honestly not see the problem there?

you can continue to spend all your money keeping your car looking lovely and clean and then standing around at the local servo talking shit with other stooges about how your car is 'hellaflush' and makes the chicks all wet, but i'll continue to spend my money on making my car faster at going around a race track..

The only difference is i don't hate on people for having a perfectly clean car even though that driver most probably has never seen a race track in his life..

THAT'S the problem with the car scene these days.. Too many dickheads ripping on others because of how they choose to own/drive their car.. That dude with the laurel or whatever it is at Ebisu has literally no impact on you what so ever, yet his car has been posted in this thread repeatedly as 'doing it wrong'..
Quote:
yeah i agree, you absolutely can.. the problem is that there is heaps of photos in here of cars that have been crashed or whatever, and patched together to make the next track meet..

Shit, there is a photo on this page of a car that is clearly half way through a build, how the fuck is that doing it wrong? the car isn't even finished yet?

Essentially you are hating on people for spending money on working on their driving skill, as opposed to spending the money on making the car look hellaflush and pretty..

I'll say it again though, you hate on missile cars at ebisu, yet none of you chowderheads have ever done anything like that before.. IF you did go to ebisu, and you spent the entire week fixing your car so it looked 'right', then you would waste the entire week..

Whatever, i'v said it before, i'll say it again.. This entire thread is whats wrong with the car scene.. Who gives a fuck what other people do to their car? Some of you idiots saying things like 'oh just fucken kill me', and 'this is why i hate the 240 scene' are clearly far more interested in the opinions of others than most..

We all like cars, and coincedentally, we all like the same brand of car.. Yet because some people don't modify THEIR car to YOUR liking, it ends up on a forum being the butt of the joke.. yes having an unsafe car is bad, but there is a difference between having an unsafe car, and one that is an eyesore..

Ontopic:

My friends and I doing it wrong.. Look how shitty our cars are!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0uc2VT5T4Q
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
hahahaha it is shocking to me how many of you guys are willing to defend this thread like its your life.. You guys better all drive mint as fuck cars, otherwise its the worst case of the pot calling the kettle black that i've ever seen..

hhhhmmm:

Quote:
Taken from a different thread..

You chowderheads are the biggest hypocrites iv ever seen.. You falkon have your side skirts cable tied to your car, something that has definitely been noted as 'doing it wrong' in this thread, and oldmate above me's car has shitty tail lights, miismatched wheels and a split quarter panel..

Quote:
yep, and again, i have said countless times that there is a clear difference between the people who have rattle canned their car black and fitted trailer wheels and badly rolled their guards to look cool in front of their friends, and the people who drive their car at the race track every weekend/at matsuri and have a car that looks shitty because of that..

Lumping those two into the same category because the car doesn't look flawless is fucken stupid in my opinion..
Bro, just leave the thread and...

Old 11-02-2014, 09:12 AM   #945
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Don't let the door hit you on the way out either.

silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:12 AM   #946
harris180
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
We should re-title this thread, "You're being a real harris180."
we should actually call this thread, 'even though my car could be considered shit in peoples eyes im going to hate on other peoples cars knowing that there isnt a photo of my can on zilvia for me to get ridiculed over.'

OT:

Terrible ride height, shitty mismatched wheels, paint looks like it hasn't had a wax in a long time, running shitty xxr's..
Old 11-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #947
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have a track car. It has pulled fenders, multiple colors of rattlecan, and other goofy crap on it. I've had it more than ten years now, and it's been pretty embarrassing at times, now that I think about it- but it's never been janky for the sake of janky. It had some random stuff written on it, and still does, but isn't an attention whore.

It's not a hack job, the fenders don't look like smashed assholes, etc. It's ratty without being a piece of shit. Hell, even the mismatched wheels have a reason- TEs are stronger than CEs and I have a tendency to drop rear wheels off when I'm goofing around and drifting. Also, why would I paint my car when I have no sponsors to impress and haven't finished the build?

Wrecked drift and track cars are still pieces of shit, regardless of whether or not they have a heart of gold.

Doesn't it matter to anyone with a wrecked car that their torsional rigidity is roughly equal to that of an overcooked noodle? There's missile drifting, and then there's missile drifting for the sake of drifting a missile- where you become complacent and bash the car up because "who cares?"

I understand using a missile to perfect something like tapping a wall, but to use it as your sole drift car? Misses the point, as others have said, that drifting is a combination of aesthetics- the aesthetics of the car and the aesthetics of the driving. It is not aesthetically pleasing to see people ramming each other, driving with a middle finger out the window, and ripping bumpers off their car each pass.

I'd be embarrassed as hell if I was passing myself off as a pro (or even pro-am) drifter and my car didn't look like a Club FR/late-'90s/early-'00s Japanese tuner build- those cars are exactly what I'm looking for when I feel like watching a drift video. Good paint, great fitment, presence and professionalism. Completely different than Formula D nowadays and the exact reason why I couldn't care less about drifting anymore.

I understand some people are having fun, but they're still doing it wrong. Just because you're having fun driving around a track, you can still be missing every apex and doing it wrong. You can do it right and have fun too.

PS- screw "ratchet" in its face. It started as a mispronunciation that ballooned into something ignorant people say to each other. If I hear it in person I'm likely going to publicly shame the speaker.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #948
Stiveno
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Stiveno is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
we should actually call this thread, 'even though my car could be considered shit in peoples eyes im going to hate on other peoples cars knowing that there isnt a photo of my can on zilvia for me to get ridiculed over.'

OT:

Terrible ride height, shitty mismatched wheels, paint looks like it hasn't had a wax in a long time, running shitty xxr's..
My ride height is fine, and my paint isnt that bad imo, it will have a fresh coat of paint when I do the body work and get sideskirts.

I don't know whats shitty about xxr's for the price. Ive never had a problem and they served their purpose for $300 with new tires on them. I bought square g33's that are going on with the 5 lug swap this winter which is also "fake" but they look good to me. car is off the road and has a v8 in it now.

harris my post wasnt even directed at you, I know that jdm zilvia bros arent going to like my car, but I think its much cleaner than the shitboxes here.

(clean front end will go back on once I figure out what to do about the hood since vh45de doesnt not fit.)
Stiveno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #949
harris180
Zilvia Member

to be honest mate, i don't hate on your car at all.. It's your car and its good to see you using at the race track..

The point i am making is that you can take a photo of almost any car, point out the flaws, and stick it in a 'doing it wrong' thread.. Perfect example is old mate falkon240 above who has been tearing shreds into cars in this thread, but then admits in another thread that his body kit is held on with zipties.. That is allegedly 'doing it wrong' according to this thread..
Old 11-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #950
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
On topic, here is my car.

my IG is Falkon240. I have over 1400 followers, follow me. If I like your profile, I'll follow back.

I post shit for sale there first and if it doesn't sell there I post here and craigs after.
i can't really see the zipties. maybe he has a better pic on the instagram. i am, however, to lazy to check said instagram
Old 11-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #951
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Yep my car is doing it wrong. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #952
kyle1a2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
kyle1a2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
msglngth..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2020.jpg (69.2 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2021.jpg (74.0 KB, 181 views)
kyle1a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #953
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^ROFL! Somebody is about to get one hell of a deal.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #954
89fastback
Zilvia Junkie

89fastback will become famous soon enough89fastback will become famous soon enough89fastback will become famous soon enough89fastback will become famous soon enough
Saw this on Facebook today and dude is stoked on plasti dip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1414974072682.jpg (69.0 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1414974083625.jpg (100.4 KB, 174 views)
89fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #955
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
OOOH OOOOH PICK ME NEXT!!!!

in caps
Old 11-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #956
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89fastback View Post
Saw this on Facebook today and dude is stoked on plasti dip
Holy hell... Reminds me of the Brown Bullet from OverRev...
http://manga.animea.net/over-rev-chapter-18-page-1.html

Read it. Almost guaranteed lolz.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #957
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
I'll go on record and say that no one has ever made these wheels look the least bit respectable.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #958
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
That's because theyre fucking hideous. There is no way to make them look decent.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #959
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
you still never answered my question about the 24h LeMons race series.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:56 PM   #960
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
What is the difference between an ugly piece of junk and a track car? Putting your headlights and grill on the roof? There is a wrecked Corvette with a built motor on Craigslist. Is it a track car? Please explain, I do not remember.
please tell me what LeMons is

pls bby or i crie
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote