Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-09-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
Cyberzen

Trader Rating: (0)
Cyberzen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR total loss of electrical power in s14 HELP!!

Hey guys i'm at a total loss at what could be wrong here. today i went to start my car (MY 1995 240sx se) with a s14 notch top sr20det, and it would crank but would not start. this was happening earlier today as well, it turned on when i would mash in the accelerator and give it a go for about 5 seconds. i know in an FI car that is relatively useless since its not a carb but i figured too much fuel is being sent so i'd let in a bit more air and see if it would hit, nothing. so i go to the engine bay and i have no idea why i felt the urge to unplug the camshaft angle sensor (cas), so i unplugged it and it made this wierd noise as if it just had an electrical surge go through the sensor i got freaked and quickly plug it back in. i go and try to start up the car once more and all of a sudden when i hit it to turn it on all of the electrical power just shuts off almost like if it was hit by an emp or something just a complete systematic loss of ALL electricity. i thought maybe i blew the main, i go check it out and it looks like its good, what gives? im at a total loss here this is my first 240 could someone please point me in the right direction
Cyberzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
Cyberzen

Trader Rating: (0)
Cyberzen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
problem has been solved, upon further research ive found that unplugging the cas was a supremely absurd/idiotic thing to do. this morning i turned on ignition and i had all power restored, leading me to think this isnt the entire reason why i didnt have electricity but prob due to something else. admins feel free to delete this thread problem has been solved and it is useless. exucuse the inconvenience.
Cyberzen is offline   Reply With Quote