Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:22 PM   #1
alemuscmk

Trader Rating: (2)
alemuscmk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
0 oil pressure on aftermarket gauge?!?!?!!!

so after finally getting insurance and the registration on my 240 fixed today I finally get a chance to test drive the rebuilt engine, since the electric plug for the stock oil pressure light broke, and since my aftermarket electrical oil pressure gauge shorted out I had no option but to buy a mechanical one while I get my electrical one and the stock one replaced. So I got me a cheap sunpro one, installed it and drove the car around the neighborhood, stock temp gauge reads normal and my aftermarket one reads 120 however the oil pressure gauge read 50psi @2000 rpm, but when I drove back home and parked the oil gauge read 0psi @ 850rpm and the temp read 130, there seemed to be air bubbles trapped in the oil feed line from the sun pro gauge, so im thinking that the air pockets are messing with the psi the gauge is reading, am I correct?? there was no knocking or excesive ticking from lack of oil, i checked the oil level and it was full, so its really getting to my nerves, Any ideas??

Posted from Zilvia.net App for Android
alemuscmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links