Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-06-2007, 10:07 AM   #1
drifts135
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
drifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drifts135
Busted Damper Knob

Basically a while back my damper knob broke off and because of school and shit, I never got around to worrying about it.

I was trying to adjust the damper and it felt seized, so I applied just a hair more pressure and the knob with about a half-inch to inch long shaft with the blue knob fell out of the bottom of the coilover.

My question is, does anyone know of a way to manually adjust the damper without the knob?

There's a small 8mm screw on the bottom of the coilover where the knob and shaft went inside of. That have anything to do with anything?

I contacted KTS Overseas a while back, and they couldn't comprehend anything I said. Just called SPL Parts and they had no clue whatsoever.

Here's the damper:

Here's the knob:

Really, any help, suggestions, who to talk to etc. is really appreciated. Thanks.
drifts135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Give KUAH a call back. Send them the pictures.
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #3
drifts135
Zilvia Addict

drifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of light
Shot em over an e-mail today but still waiting on a response. Any other thoughts???
Old 06-06-2007, 08:42 PM   #4
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Screw emails, I don't understand why so many of you do that, you will not get a fast response, if any. Way too many emails go to people like kuah. Just call them see if they have replacement parts for the coilovers and get it sent out. If i had to guess they probably don't have them, its not something most people keep.

I know with STANCE you should be able to screw that thing out, and they have a few of those things, but i dont know if its going to be the same pitch.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:45 PM   #5
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
take the blue knob off of taht pin and put it back in? it looks like maybe it is a pressed in pin and you managed to pull it loose? just guessing
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:32 AM   #6
drifts135
Zilvia Addict

I called a second time before sending the e-mail asking if I could send them over some pictures to see if that could possibly help them diagnose an alternative fix or way of manually adjusting it. They said they'd be glad to try to help but couldn't guarantee anything.

Chmercer, I was actually thinking that the small tiny nut may be a setting screw to hold that knob in place. But because of my lack of balls, I'm afraid to unscrew the nut (without complete reassurance that it is a setting screw) to try to put the knob back in due to fear of my car spontaneously bursting into flames.

It's not an absolute demand to be able to have the damper be adjusted. I've been drifting just fine with the current setup, but it would be nice if I could adjust it at least once or twice before this next event to try out different settings and see what works best before I end up buying a set of Stance.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:26 AM   #7
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
From the looks of it you can take the knob off, did they come like that? That is how most knobs are, it just tightens to the original knob.

But once you take it off, you still wont be able to put it back in because it snapped. Double check with them on if you can just take a 10 or 8mm watever that nut is on the coilover and see if they have that part laying around.

All that broke is the clicker from the looks of it.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #8
xbl1nd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
xbl1nd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Anyone have information about this issue that may have arise a few years later? I myself am having the same issue.
xbl1nd is offline   Reply With Quote