Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
240rkl

Trader Rating: (1)
240rkl is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
S13 KA24E to KA24DE Using NicoClubs Swap Article

I did my research but could not discover any articles with some of the problems I encountered. If it exists, I appreciate the repeat.

So I have followed NicoClub's KA24E to KA24DE swap article. I did a 1989 Nissan 240SX SE from KA24E to 1995 KA24DE. Used S13 KA24DE parts referenced by NicoClub. Went to a professional technician (a friend) for installation of everything.

1. With that in mind, the engine swapped over after some troubles. Couple tweaks with the position of the spark plug wires to distributor and car eventually turned over. Car was running but after ignition turned over, the car would die unless throttle kept balanced to prevent self-stalling.

2. The starter was in question. Can the KA24E starter be used for the KA24DE or does it have to be from the dual cam?

3. The tech (a friend) that swapped the engine couldn't get the power steering on because of fitment issues due to possibly the KA24DE alternator and bracket in contact with the power steering belt.

These are some of the issues I ran into. Is there anything that the NicoClub article does not mention like which starter and alternator to use that causes issues with the installation? I thought it was suppose to be a direct swap with the parts interchanged as the article stated and no more.

I would appreciate it if you guys can help me. Thanks in advance.
240rkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
MonkeyWrench

Trader Rating: (0)
MonkeyWrench will become famous soon enoughMonkeyWrench will become famous soon enoughMonkeyWrench will become famous soon enoughMonkeyWrench will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did you use this one?

KA24E to KA24DE Swap

That's the article I used - It talks about p/s issue and which parts to use.
MonkeyWrench is offline   Reply With Quote