Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 12-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
Leetfade
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Leetfade is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
FS: 1993 Mazda RX7 FD

Basics:
Year: 1993
Make: Mazda
Model: Rx-7
Miles: 69k original
Color: Black on black
Transmission: Auto

The Good:
Low mileage FD. Rare hard top. Fun car! Boosts solid and runs well. Fires right up every time.

The Mods:
- Recently did the non-sequential mod so I have gutted the emissions. I used block plates from Banzai racing to actually remove the solenoids, make sure it's done properly, and drastically clean up the engine bay.
- New Mishimoto blue radiator hoses
- New Mishimoto CF catch can (vented to oil filler neck and primary turbo inlet elbow)
- BNIB Mishimoto low temp thermostat goes with the car (not installed)
- Replaced many of the hoses with factory Mazda hoses (those that know are aware that these are pre-bent and, basically, required to do it right)
- Apex'i style intake filters (from previous owner)
- Apex'i N1 muffler
- New Megan racing down pipe / mid-pipe combo
- I bought these, thermal wrapped and sealed the down-pipe, but haven't gotten around to installing. The previous owner does have an aftermarket DP on it, though.
- I did remove the AWS (advanced warm-up system) so it idles at around 1k while warming up... Let it warm-up fully as it is a rotary.
- New DBA Street Series front rotors
- New Hawk HPS pads

The Bad:
- Previous owner tried to roll the driver's front fender.. Didn't do so great. It is rolled but some of the paint is chipping underneath (have to look for it but it's there)
- Weird spot on the roof where it looks like a small section of paint faded but it's still clear coated. Would have to see to understand. Full confidence that the paint, as a whole, will come out VERY nicely with a detail.
- Tach has the typical FD gauge issue. Works most of the time but needs the pins re-soldered. Easy job, just haven't gotten around to it.
- Passenger's window tint looks bad and needs redone
- Could use new rear brakes

I want to make sure it's full disclosure so I believe I've put all the really bad stuff out there (and even some not so bad, but worth mentioning). I still have the parts from the sequential set-up that I can send with the car if someone wants.

Basically, I came back from SEMA to my dog having Lymphoma. Chemo is not cheap so I need to liquify some capital. I had HUGE plans for this car and will buy another one when the time is right, but now is not that time.

I bought this car off of a guy in NC. I picked it up in Roanoke and drove it home over night. I got home fine but had issues with it smoking when coming to a stop here and there. This turned out to be a split coolant hose going to the turbos. It was dripping a very small amount onto the turbos, causing it to smoke. The hose has been replaced with an OEM Mazda pre-bent hose and it no longer leaks or smokes.

The car fires right up, has an awesome rotary sound and runs well. I, personally, had planned to send the motor out and have them do a re-build + street port. The re-build was just me being anal and wanting everything perfect and knowing that the street port on stock turbos can push over 300whp (I've read 350whp but we all know it's never the same car to car so I quote low) so I wanted to go the extra mile to make it strong. The cost on that job is $2,700 if anyone is curious.

KBB Write-Up.

KBB has it listed as $13,901 in GOOD condition (needs some mechanical and aesthetic work) but I'll be posting it at $12k obo for now. This will more than cover the swap to manual if someone wanted to do so, or a standard rebuild if someone would prefer that. I really don't want to sell the car but it would be smarter for me to do so.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Some pics:

Her first bath with me!

Pre non-sequential mod:

Post mod vid:
http://static.photobucket.com/player.../VIDEO0001.mp4

Last edited by Leetfade; 12-19-2011 at 11:37 AM..
Leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
Leetfade
Zilvia Member

Weekend bump! This is OBO so don't hesitate to ask questions / make an offer. Worst I can say is no!

I may not want to sell the car, but I really don't have much choice at this point in time so you could say I'm a pseudo motivated buyer. Ha.

I do drive the car about once a week just to get the carbon out and keep the fluids circulated. I will include the BNIB Glow Shift elite 10 color gauges w/ pillar pod (3 gauge pod). It will also come with the wrap / sprayed down pipe / mid-pipe that's ready to be installed.

Car has ridiculous potential and is a fun car as-is.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
bobbyb77
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
bobbyb77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Damn if you were in cali id trade my 350z for this
bobbyb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
wjrd
Zilvia Member

wjrd is an unknown quantity at this point
trade for an s14 w/ notchtop + cash?
wjrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:01 AM   #5
Leetfade
Zilvia Member

It would have to be a significant amount of cash, unfortunately. The only reason I'm getting rid of it is because my dog's chemo is killing the bank account.

As much as I miss my S14, I will definitely be buying another FD when finances straighten out. I already had a 20b build planned for this one!

Last edited by Leetfade; 12-19-2011 at 06:50 PM..
Old 12-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
Leetfade
Zilvia Member

Last bump! Make some offers! Sorry, cannot do a full trade or even a majority trade at this time. I would just keep it in that scenario as I love the car, just need the cash.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:38 PM   #7
Devius
Zilvia Member

Devius is an unknown quantity at this point
Part out the chicks?
Devius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:31 AM   #8
beto300zx
Leaky Injector

beto300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Fd for sale

Bump for a fellow fd owner!
beto300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #9
Leetfade
Zilvia Member

Lots of trade offers but no cash deals so it looks like she's staying home and I'll find some orifice to pull money out of to get her how I want her! :lol:

I now have a garage and mechanics so it just got easier / cheaper anyways. :-)

Thanks for the bumps and the interest!