Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #631
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nice progress pics, you ever going to end up painting your aluminum dash?

reflection is go'in to be a bitch.
1994 E36-Daily
1998 DC2- F.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post

your idea of "doing it right" isn't the same as everyone else's... no matter how many kids on here swing from your nuts
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #632
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by silnismo View Post
Nice progress pics, you ever going to end up painting your aluminum dash?

reflection is go'in to be a bitch.
wrinkle black finish. that means no gloss.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:50 PM   #633
DonNguyen

Trader Rating: (0)
DonNguyen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
amazing build
Old 08-13-2008, 06:13 PM   #634
300zxdude

300zxdude will become famous soon enough300zxdude will become famous soon enough300zxdude will become famous soon enough300zxdude will become famous soon enough
pure secks!
Old 08-13-2008, 06:19 PM   #635
FrankeBonez
Leaky Injector

FrankeBonez is making a name for him/her selfFrankeBonez is making a name for him/her self
id hump that tail pipe
Old 08-13-2008, 06:19 PM   #636
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
do you mind if i ask what you do for a living? olol cause i wanna do that when i get outa school
Old 08-20-2008, 10:08 PM   #637
BlueKpS13
Zilvia Member

BlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to all
any updates?
Old 08-20-2008, 10:13 PM   #638
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromxtor View Post
Good job Gunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwas-all* View Post
do you mind if i ask what you do for a living? olol cause i wanna do that when i get outa school
Id say he's a Marine.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:16 AM   #639
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I am curious what base/command your stationed at?
and you must live off base to have room for all this work right?
I was in Oki from 2002-04 would have loved to check out your build in person if I was still there!
Hope to see a Vid of this car tearing up the Highway in front of Kadena, would probably destroy any of the cars I have seen there~!
Old 08-29-2008, 08:29 AM   #640
m16devil808

m16devil808 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, that car is tits. i wish i had the chance to create something like that.

i'm just a single 21 year old junior Marine (Corporal) with 3 years and a month who's first real duty station happens to be Okinawa, Japan. damn, thats pushing opsec rite there, but anyways... 2 years of hard work and no real benefits (ie: command offering me a POV license). i've been driving here as a duty driver for almost a year now. i like this island because it almost reminds me of home (Hawaii), but i find myself held back most times relying on taxi cabs or if they're thoughtful, other Marines with vehicles. i know most people hear it out in Oki, "i could've bought a car with all the money i spent on honchos." and to top it off, i could've been out more, seen more stuff, stayed away from alcohol and not be so damn depressed and angry all the time.

well, i'm leaving this island in a couple days. it was nice out here, but i need to be in America rite now. good luck with the build, i bet that car is gonna tear ass.

ps. sorry if i kinda went off track, or it sounds like i'm bitching at this guy (Gunny), but i'm finally leaving Oki. i'm actually just a little more happier than i've been the past 2 years.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:58 AM   #641
turbocarslut
BANNED

turbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymore
I am going to Okinawa in two months to visit my niece. Any chance we can meet up or drive around?
Old 08-29-2008, 11:30 AM   #642
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
wow that car looks top notch for top to bottom. Fantastic car man...
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
Old 08-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #643
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocarslut View Post
I am going to Okinawa in two months to visit my niece. Any chance we can meet up or drive around?
Cpl Dude Bitchin about Oki - Man I was there once before and know how you feel, it used to be that you could have a car no matter what but a select few assholes fucked that up for everyone. Eventually, it will go back to that just not before you or I end our careers.

Turbocarslut - This thing won't be driveable by then and it most likely won't even have the motor installed so meeting up and seeing the car in person is cool but driving around would be a disappointment I am sure.

Guy That was asking about the dash - Yes, glare is a bitch, hence the wrinkle black finish the dash will get when it is complete and there is absolutely no work left to be done to it.

Update - I found out the tig welder I am using is completely incapable of being in the right frequency range and is minus the electrodes to hold the tungsten needed to weld thin aluminum, so I have a friend welding the dash board up for me right now. As soon as my summit order gets here, it will take me about one week to finish up the wiring and install the hard section of the fuel line (-10), then it is time to order pedals and brake lines. Should get a bunch of junk back from powder and paint soon so I can start really assembling some junk in the next month or so.

Brian
Old 08-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #644
hashiriya13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
hashiriya13 is just really nicehashiriya13 is just really nicehashiriya13 is just really nicehashiriya13 is just really nicehashiriya13 is just really nicehashiriya13 is just really nicehashiriya13 is just really nicehashiriya13 is just really nicehashiriya13 is just really nicehashiriya13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Brain the question is....will this car ever be finished and run???? I still have to get up there and see the shell. Oh and you knwo who I am... I just got a 15 carpet from you not to long ago.

If You are in need of stuff from Japan I can Help you out. Small stuff only, shoot me a PM.

If You have bought or buy from me I finally have a review thread CLICK HERE
Old 08-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #645
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashiriya13 View Post
Brain the question is....will this car ever be finished and run???? I still have to get up there and see the shell. Oh and you knwo who I am... I just got a 15 carpet from you not to long ago.

Yeah it will be done eventually, right now I am working on cresting that hill of making this thing a rolling chasis. The heat doesn't help much when you are climbing around in the thing with no air flow or anything in the bay too, so I have been moving a bit slow. Anyways, you are welcome to roll up any time. But some day I will be done and it will be perfect or as close to it as possible.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:50 PM   #646
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
DAMMITT I thought this was an update. Cursed you are a bigger cock tease than a nympho supermodel on the rag.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #647
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
if this ends like gavins build....im losing all faith in everything.

even capitalization of letters and grammar.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #648
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^was he the build with the s15 front and back converstion on the hatch?
Old 08-29-2008, 08:40 PM   #649
burnsauto
Post Whore!

search "track slut"
Old 08-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #650
Garage Sokudo
Leaky Injector

Garage Sokudo is just really niceGarage Sokudo is just really niceGarage Sokudo is just really niceGarage Sokudo is just really niceGarage Sokudo is just really niceGarage Sokudo is just really niceGarage Sokudo is just really niceGarage Sokudo is just really niceGarage Sokudo is just really nice
Crazy build, been keeping an eye on it for a while.

Keep it up man!
Old 08-30-2008, 02:09 PM   #651
Row
BANNED

Row is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm loving your car . But I dont know about that sheet metal dash, Its going to get hot with the heat.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #652
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by m16devil808 View Post
wow, that car is tits. i wish i had the chance to create something like that.

i'm just a single 21 year old junior Marine (Corporal) with 3 years and a month who's first real duty station happens to be Okinawa, Japan. damn, thats pushing opsec rite there, but anyways... 2 years of hard work and no real benefits (ie: command offering me a POV license). i've been driving here as a duty driver for almost a year now. i like this island because it almost reminds me of home (Hawaii), but i find myself held back most times relying on taxi cabs or if they're thoughtful, other Marines with vehicles. i know most people hear it out in Oki, "i could've bought a car with all the money i spent on honchos." and to top it off, i could've been out more, seen more stuff, stayed away from alcohol and not be so damn depressed and angry all the time.

well, i'm leaving this island in a couple days. it was nice out here, but i need to be in America rite now. good luck with the build, i bet that car is gonna tear ass.

ps. sorry if i kinda went off track, or it sounds like i'm bitching at this guy (Gunny), but i'm finally leaving Oki. i'm actually just a little more happier than i've been the past 2 years.
I was there in 2002-2004 and was lucky to get a liscence approved, as a corporal too...
a year later a sgt and 2 other marines,in a Fd got in an accident drag racing in Nago beach, the 2 passengers were killed and the sgt was very seriously hurt, after that happened shit rolled down hill!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:08 PM   #653
nsBlitzz

nsBlitzz is an unknown quantity at this point
nice wheels + builld
Old 09-19-2008, 11:54 PM   #654
BlueKpS13
Zilvia Member

BlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to all
any updates?
Old 09-20-2008, 06:08 AM   #655
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKpS13 View Post
any updates?
As a matter of fact yes. I have finally got some parts to build the heart of the electrical system using 30 AMP mini relays and some 30 AMP 5 pin relays. This board has the Parking light Relay, Relay for each side High Beam and Each Side Low Beam, 2 Electric Fans and the Starter.

The Power and Ground for everything will be delivered utilizing 2 8 gauge Power Wires and 2 8 Gauge ground wires feeding through the bottom of the relay board and into the 6 port terminal strip. I will use some four pin plugs and some other stuff tomorrow to construct the power wires and ground wires. The remaining two terminals on the 6 port terminal strip is for switched power and ground for accesories later on.

The 8 terminal strip on the left accomodates all of the switch input signals and splits them as needed (i.e. on high beam wire from the harness is split into two at the terminal strip instead of with a spliced wire in the engine bay). This thing took all damn day to make but it mounts in the middle of the crash bar and goes from there to the fire wall. by the time this thing is done all the cars wiring will be pretty much modular, easily maintained and repaired plus I will be able to add and subtract items as needed with minimal effort.

For Now - THe blue wires are the signal wires to the Relays and the yellow wires are the outputs. The terminal strips witht he yellow wires will be the point I interface the actual electrical items to in order to get the power to them.

Once I am completely finished with this piece of shit, I will go ahead and post up some pictures with drawings and and what not for those who may be interested.

For those who may ask the dumb question about why I am using relays when I have a Universal wiring harness let me answer it for you now so you never bug me with it again. The relays prevent excessive power draw on the wiring harness. A few guys I know with painless harnesses experience dimming and some other side effects of excessive power draw as a result of nto using relays where they should be used. Most of them are remedying that problem now.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:10 AM   #656
Future240
Future Moderator

YES! I thought this build was dead. Good to see you still working on it
Old 09-20-2008, 09:33 AM   #657
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
Volchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Volchok
i would be very interested in diagrams/drawings... great work as always
Old 09-20-2008, 09:52 AM   #658
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Is the board going to be used as a ground?

If not you should have made it out of CF
Old 09-20-2008, 09:52 AM   #659
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Getting closer do D-Day !!!! Drive day .. lol

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
Old 09-20-2008, 04:08 PM   #660
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
Is the board going to be used as a ground?

If not you should have made it out of CF
The board will not be visible once mounted so it really made no sense to do that, also aluminum can have reinforcements welded into it and some other things done which makes it a superior choice over carbon, mainly the shaping of that board along with drilling it and measuring took a total of 1 hour, carbon would have taken days to get right and cost me a hell of alot more in waiting time and cost. I have sheets of 2mm thick aluminum readily available so aluminum it is.

I will post pictures of the dash (it has been welded up) and the completed board once I put in the power and ground wires later tonight.

THanks again for all the comments guys.
Closed Thread