Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:45 PM   #1351
90 DGRZ
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90 DGRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
225hp....ask s13teddy...he drove in my twin cam ka...how much faster is your single cam?

oh nah cuz mike had his fc dyno'ed and ithink the numbers were like 225 or something...

i remember drifting andrew's s14 twin cam KA...i was strugglin!! i was waitin for the spool...but nothing i give mad props to the ka guys, no doubt
Old 05-13-2008, 09:47 PM   #1352
90 DGRZ
Zilvia Addict

90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafanylovesme View Post
Fuck yeahhh! Posi rep for you for the next few weeks!

PS. I <3 Chuck....

i love you too, son.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:47 PM   #1353
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
my single cam is fast LMAO !!

only because its rebuilt, and most KA's on the track arent thses days.

I can make the next event i think, ive been working non stop for 2 weekes now, so things are looking up.

great pics and video everyone.

Think Im gonna b more choosie about who i run tandem with though.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #1354
90 DGRZ
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post

I can make the next event i think, ive been working non stop for 2 weekes now, so things are looking up.

agreed!!! u have no idea!!! lol...i had no choice eric ... u werent there this weekend ... i was forced to find others...but june for sure, right?!??!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:51 PM   #1355
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 DGRZ View Post
.but the weird thing is, when u initiate, ur cars speed is same as mine, but in the donut after ur transition, u slow down like molasses...i have no idea how u still maintain ur angle ...
Quote:
his fc is pushing 225 hp.
You answered your own question,
Mike, you need to step up bro.
Stop playing around. Lets do this, go 626 drift crew!!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #1356
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
225hp....ask s13teddy...he drove in my twin cam ka...how much faster is your single cam?
Haha dude, your motor compared to mine is like.... my motor compared to a healthy dual cam.

When you told me you were floored in the straight, I couldn't believe it!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #1357
DoriSaruMark
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i totally agree w/ eric. downshifting mid-drift is a skill that everyone sshould master.
Driving a 240 w/ a stock KA teaches you alot.... HP is a luxury. if you can get down w/ a low HP car (i.e. 4age corolla or KA 240) you'll learn to never get off the gas because you can't sacrifice the speed... and that's what judges like to see/hear.

Chuck's right... KA drivers ROCK =)
DoriSaruMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:57 PM   #1358
SNC240SX
Zilvia Junkie

SNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripstr View Post
Competition was soo intense, photographers forgot to take pictures LOL

Sam got some awesome shots
I would have liked to take more pics but i was to busy sitting at the top of the track with a stop watch and then when it was the drift session i was sitting in Juns car doing the results of the comp so i got like no pics. Next time ill get some pics thats garunteed!
SNC240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:01 PM   #1359
90 DGRZ
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriSaruMark View Post

very much so.

u were tearin it up saturday! haha

i think i saw you once at one of the tues night meets at loz feliz costco...u were one of the ones that stuck around after everyone boned out after the cops came thru...get any tickets that night??!!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:01 PM   #1360
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
well of course u dont NEED to. like eric said, it could be merely done in any gear...but if u wanna be baller like how mike wants to be (and the skill level he should be at by now), that's the first step to success. especially if his fc is pushing 225 hp

hell if fckillerbee, along with singlecamcastro, and teddy is initiating their ka in 3rd, mike can sure as hell pull that off.

Lol.. i can only get to third if i reverse my car to the gate... i've been doing that since the march 626...

i feel so comfortable shifting while drifting now though.. hahaha

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:04 PM   #1361
DoriSaruMark
Leaky Injector

DoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really niceDoriSaruMark is just really nice
hahah i rememebr that night.

i didnt wanna get caught up in all the traffic, so i waited. I even said good night and see you next week to the cops who were posted at the entrance/exit. all they could say in return was... "GET OUT." but no tickets... lol
Old 05-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #1362
90 DGRZ
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
hahah i rememebr that night.

i didnt wanna get caught up in all the traffic, so i waited. I even said good night and see you next week to the cops who were posted at the entrance/exit. all they could say in return was... "GET OUT." but no tickets... lol

hahahahahhaaha lolol

i got lucky also, the cop ran my plates n everything but he was so nice he didn't do aything .. i even had my smokestacks on, but he was cool about it ... he was all "oh sweet man what year? i have a 95 se but it's an automatic ... it was motorex's once when i used to work out in compton!!!"

Old 05-13-2008, 10:14 PM   #1363
DoriSaruMark
Leaky Injector

Quote:
hahahahahhaaha lolol

i got lucky also, the cop ran my plates n everything but he was so nice he didn't do aything .. i even had my smokestacks on, but he was cool about it ... he was all "oh sweet man what year? i have a 95 se but it's an automatic ... it was motorex's once when i used to work out in compton!!!"

nice!

the last time i had a run in w/ a glendale cop, he asked me if i was from any gangs or if i had any known aliases... after my plates cleared he let me go. damn glendalian cops like to scare ya... lol
Old 05-13-2008, 10:45 PM   #1364
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
i'd say, theres more dick cops than cool ones.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:55 PM   #1365
626 FC3S
Zilvia Junkie

626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 626 FC3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by carparthookup View Post
you are still in 2nd? Didnt we tell you to go 3rd last time?

no no no i was in 3ed untill the transition then into 2ed to come around.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:57 PM   #1366
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 626 FC3S View Post
no no no i was in 3ed untill the transition then into 2ed to come around.
take me for a ride next time. And I'll take you for a ride
Old 05-13-2008, 10:59 PM   #1367
626 FC3S
Zilvia Junkie

626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
Seriously if you aren't doing balcony in 3rd then you need to quit driving.

I even complimented you on sat.

I take that compliment back.

suck a dick u better give it back cuz i was in 3ed all day
Old 05-13-2008, 11:00 PM   #1368
626 FC3S
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carparthookup View Post
take me for a ride next time. And I'll take you for a ride
i will and you'll see what im talking about.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #1369
626 FC3S
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
diff not locking up is no excuse cuz i can run circles around u with my viscous. hehehe

u NEED to initiate 3rd, and drop to 2nd in the transition...but the weird thing is, when u initiate, ur cars speed is same as mine, but in the donut after ur transition, u slow down like molasses...i have no idea how u still maintain ur angle ...

dont tell me , lol cuz thats what i do as i just explained in the last 3 post's i made hahaha. what i was saying after down shifting into 2ed for the transition half threw i need to up shift into 3ed to power threw.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:04 PM   #1370
626 FC3S
Zilvia Junkie

just 1 more to be a postwhore lol hahahaha
Old 05-13-2008, 11:31 PM   #1371
silsx13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (34)
silsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silsx13
KA

Quote:
i totally agree w/ eric. downshifting mid-drift is a skill that everyone sshould master.
Driving a 240 w/ a stock KA teaches you alot.... HP is a luxury. if you can get down w/ a low HP car (i.e. 4age corolla or KA 240) you'll learn to never get off the gas because you can't sacrifice the speed... and that's what judges like to see/hear.

Totally agree with that KA drivers not only ROCK but they're friggin' great!!!

Throttle control is very important and becomes even more important as you increase in skill level.

Personal Thanks to Mark for a great day of tandem runs (sorry couldn't stick around for the lil competition at the end of the day dude).

Blog: http://hartapexlife.blogspot.com/

silsx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:36 PM   #1372
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by silsx13 View Post
Totally agree with that KA drivers not only ROCK but they're friggin' great!!!

Throttle control is very important and becomes even more important as you increase in skill level.

Personal Thanks to Mark for a great day of tandem runs (sorry couldn't stick around for the lil competition at the end of the day dude).
John, you missed out.....stay til the last minute next time!! hahahah
Old 05-14-2008, 12:53 AM   #1373
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
sounds like lots of good learning going on at this last event!

jxn puts down the best events!

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:22 AM   #1374
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
nope I can't give it back.

Perhaps at the next event I'll give you a new compliment.

Until then......
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #1375
90 DGRZ
Zilvia Addict

here's a little video i threw together...i have no idea who or how many pple filmed, it's just a tape that came out of gary's camcorder. i think it was passed around like a teen getting gangbanged, and that's probably why tehre are so many different shooting styles and angles, lolol. enjizzoy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_RxchcbajU[/ame]
Old 05-14-2008, 08:44 AM   #1376
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
hahaha awesome video
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:07 AM   #1377
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post

Quote:
agreed!!! u have no idea!!! lol...i had no choice eric ... u werent there this weekend ... i was forced to find others...but june for sure, right?!??!
I am always a great tandem partner.

And cool video. I esp. loved the end. Anyone have a complete run of that? It looked pretty fast...or was it sped up? lol.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #1378
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

ROFL, i love the end!!! Thanks team stealth!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #1379
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
LOL, nice video!!

and yeah, i'm not sure Im gonna tandem with any of you guys next time. Half the VIDEO runs I see are spin outs!!!!!

NO ONE is on line!!!!

and lil Jack and Rob gotta remember to spin to the outside or hard inside, NO braking in the line!!!!

Of course, once I get a daily driver I wont car as much

and the end of the video is nice
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #1380
626 FC3S
Zilvia Junkie

hahahaha fuckin great vid chuck