Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 10:40 PM   #721
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Thanks, I just wish I had good news to give you. This sucks for me too because my motor is just sitting there collecting dust!

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2007, 10:42 PM   #722
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
would they just contact you or they'll mail u a letter or something? geeez i cant wait.....everybody is looking forward on this.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:56 AM   #723
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
I dont know, I kinda am afraid cause it could be bad.

Old 06-24-2007, 03:16 AM   #724
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Positive thoughts Joe, positive thoughts

Don't lift!

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 06-28-2007, 03:09 AM   #725
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
yea positive thoughts. might just theres a lot of paperwork to do on the office .....lol
Old 06-28-2007, 08:58 AM   #726
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

I certainly hope so.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:50 PM   #727
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

cmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to cmcdougle
well they let Ferrari's and stuff pass, why wouldn't they let some dumb 240sx pass?
Old 06-28-2007, 01:54 PM   #728
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
cause they are racist againts car brands? You know how cops are. Their attitude towards racers etc. Some of it it well in place though, we know how some tards are on the street...
Old 06-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #729
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Its because the Ferraris and stuff have to go thru lots of other crap as well as a different test. Average cost to certify one of those is upwards of 20k.
Why people do it instead of just buying the same model here, I dont know.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #730
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

because there are only certain ones that can actually purchase a ferrari and it has a production limit. any update?
Old 07-02-2007, 02:41 PM   #731
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

No updates, I wish I had news.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #732
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

dont loose hope man, the war just started....lol. i would say they are having a meeting and talking about it so on and so forth. keep the faith
Old 07-06-2007, 02:14 PM   #733
heartcooksmouse
Leaky Injector

heartcooksmouse is on the path to ruinheartcooksmouse is on the path to ruinheartcooksmouse is on the path to ruin
Send a message via AIM to heartcooksmouse
from my experience, i failed the sniffer in my KA even with cats and all emissions stuff on. i think my egr was broken though. but from what i understand, this would be a one time payment of 400 or so bucks, and then you would just do the normal smog routine for like 20 or whatever the smog only deal is?

sounds good sign me up, i'm about at the point where when i finish my car, this should be a bit further forward.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:23 PM   #734
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

cmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to behold
$400 is a little bit hopeful...
Old 07-06-2007, 02:27 PM   #735
sileighty83
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
sileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sileighty83
I totaly agree. It's their new way to racial profile. If it's not ppl it's the cars they drive. I can't wait...I pray they get it legalized, then I can blast that carb legal sticker in the po's face. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
cause they are racist againts car brands? You know how cops are. Their attitude towards racers etc. Some of it it well in place though, we know how some tards are on the street...
Old 07-06-2007, 10:58 PM   #736
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

yea it does look like a racial profiling. they kept on pulling JAPANESE cars with just exhaust but those mustangs running around with so much power...they dont even pulled them over. i bet one of these po po got v8's hiding in their garage. geeez.

i would sa its a long process and they probably still deciding about it.

if the sr passes the sniffer....it should pass but stupid visual smog. it stupid. how does visual affect the smog? lol
Old 07-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #737
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Well not that its much of an update
but I thought I'd let you all know.

My boss is calling CARB tomorrow.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:40 PM   #738
Emp123
Leaky Injector

Emp123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh god oh god oh god oh god. Fuck you waiting game.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #739
sileighty83
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
sileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nicesileighty83 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sileighty83
Wangan Cruiser is totaly right! visual check is plain stupid. I used to live in Oregon(no not on a farm lol) I had an SR b4 and passed no problem and no visual check B.S. either. Cali regulations are tighter then emo pants Down with visual checks.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:46 PM   #740
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

werd, it sucks, but its what we gotta live with to live in the best state in the union

Old 07-09-2007, 05:57 PM   #741
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tknbkthrsdy4anfg View Post
Well in california there is alot of extra laws the other states dont have I dont know all of the specifics but I do know
I'm sick of these fucking "when the sr becomes legal threads"... It's never going to happen. The engine is outdated EPA/DOT will not care to pass it. Companies like motorex fucked any other company that thought they could legalize/register JDM engines.

Simple facts in California, the engine has to pass the visual inspection that means charcoal canister, EGR/BPT, and everything else that goes with smog emissions. To all you turbo guys that will never happen you all get ride of that shit to run a much more sufficient boost. There are less and less turbo charged cars on the road to date first off because of tree huggers, and secondly everyone is screaming that we are having an oil crisis.
The EVO, SUBY,SRT-4, chevy Cobalt (super charged) and the newly released GT-R are one in many that are turbo charged and they aren't mass produced for consumers there only for a select few that have the mucho denero....
SR20det was an abundant engine in the U.K, most of europe and Australia. We Americans need to deal with the fact and stop pouting that it will NEVERbe legalized. EPA/DOT doesn't want a crap load of us people running around with these engines and neither does the insurance institute for public safety.
Face it never gonna happen. There is way more lobbiest that actually have this thing called money to stop the legalization of this type of shit from happening.. I'm 28 years old. I live in California, and I see one of these fuckin threads show up atleast once a year. I will still say to this day....NEVER GONNA HAPPEN
Old 07-09-2007, 06:03 PM   #742
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Well, we'll find out tomorrow.
Thanks for the input.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:55 PM   #743
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVinnie View Post
I'm 28 years old. I live in California, and I see one of these fuckin threads show up atleast once a year. I will still say to this day....NEVER GONNA HAPPEN
Can I kick you in the pants when we pass?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:15 PM   #744
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcdougle View Post
Can I kick you in the pants when we pass?
How about I kiss you with my knuckles when you DON'T pass.
Tree huggers don't even allow the Greddy turbo kit for KA to be legal, what the fuck makes you think you will get an entire JDM engine to pass. The sr is almost an 18 year old engine. Sorry to say technology only gets better and the sr is tooo OLD....
Old 07-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #745
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
How about I kiss you with my knuckles when you DON'T pass.
Tree huggers don't even allow the Greddy turbo kit for KA to be legal, what the fuck makes you think you will get an entire JDM engine to pass. The sr is almost an 18 year old engine. Sorry to say technology only gets better and the sr is tooo OLD....
180sx SR20DET powerd car for crash & emissions testing and get them ligit.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #746
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer98 View Post
How about I front 6 180sx SR20DET powerd car for crash & emissions testing and get them ligit.

OHHH let me guess just like all the trouble Motorex went through......
Politicians are to smart for this bull shit...

Honestly guys it's all a nice dream. A dream that many have dreamed, it will never be...
Same fuckin thread every year I tell ya..
If you get it to pass more power to ya (Really there is no hatin' here), but through the years I've seen many companies spend lots of money for the same purpose only to fail...

Thomas Knight of BoostHead even says you have to have dinner with the tree huggers and it cost money, really guy's it isn't worth it by the time you shell out half a million at the dinner table to tree hugging lobbyist you will be flat broke.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:48 PM   #747
Chaws15
Zilvia Junkie

Chaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfection
Quote:
OHHH let me guess just like all the trouble Motorex went through......
Politicians are to smart for this bull shit...

Honestly guys it's all a nice dream. A dream that many have dreamed, it will never be...
Same fuckin thread every year I tell ya..
If you get it to pass more power to ya (Really there is no hatin' here), but through the years I've seen many companies spend lots of money for the same purpose only to fail...

Thomas Knight of BoostHead even says you have to have dinner with the tree huggers and it cost money, really guy's it isn't worth it by the time you shell out half a million at the dinner table to tree hugging lobbyist you will be flat broke.
Stop thread stealing. And yes definitely, I can't sense any hatin' at all. And did you ever wonder how many SR's have been dropped into an S chassis car in the US? You seem to forget that there are plenty SR's floating around. If not for the sake of better emissions, why not for the sake of the vast support that's behind the SR engine. I think it would be just too much trouble just to rat out and pinpoint every SR out there, so why not just legalize it and make some enthusiasts happy? And you said it yourself, it's a dream. People who fight for that dream do what it takes to achieve it. I guess you aren't the type to understand. So I ask you kindly. Please keep your oh-so-intuitive comments to yourself and leave us to our devices.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:58 PM   #748
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaws15 View Post
If not for the sake of better emissions, why not for the sake of the vast support that's behind the SR engine.

First off you don't do your research. The SR is a dieing engine and so is the RB. VQ and LS1's not to mention LS7's are dominating the market place into the s chassis. The cost it takes to make instantaneous 300 to 400 plus HP from either of these engines far surpasses the SR and the RB and they are OEM USDM EPA/DOT approvedLEGAL swaps. So please knock off the B.S.
As far as emissions I'm pretty sure the EPA did there research years ago (as far back as 18 years I would presume) that NOX and HC emissions are a problem with the SR when boosted. Now if anybody has truly done there research on an enviro dyno to prove me wrong I want to see proof now. Or seriously all of you STFU....
Why the fuck do you think the KA was selected over the SR? It's all about emissions, not the production costs. It cost Nissan more to change production in Japan to the KA, then it would of to keep producing the SR20det in Japan. So all you little kiddies that don't do your homework have fun.
Don't get me wrong, I would love a street legal sr20det....I doubt it will happen...
Old 07-09-2007, 11:02 PM   #749
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

As far as I'm concerned, there is no good reason why this won't pass. That doesn't mean it definitely will, but everything is pointing to us passing. I doubt any other thread has gotten this far.

You are not helping us achieve our goal, so please kindly keep quiet until we know whether or not we passed state.

If we do fail, you can say 'I told you so' to your heart's content. Until then, please don't clutter up our thread with your useless complaints.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #750
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcdougle View Post

You are not helping us achieve our goal, so please kindly keep quiet until we know whether or not we passed state.
This is the Forums buddy go fuck your self you aint going to pass, stop trying to hype up 25 pages of glorified B.S.
If you pass, you pass, if you don't, you don't and it has nothing to do with my freedom of speech.
Some people are just more educated to understand the reason why this was never a legitimate and legal swap.
I mean really dude you hype the shit up in your sig like it's already legal, what kind of B.S are you selling to teenagers? Fact is it isn't legal.
Want a legal SR or RB??? Common man who the fuck are you fooling with your advertising?
I've seen you guys posting shit up in several forums from Norcal, to NICO, FOR MONTHS and shit still hasn't changed.