Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #1
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

Trader Rating: (1)
MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Blank page with Posts-Per-Page set to 100

I've found a bug with the board software in the "Number of posts to show per page" feature. I have my options set so I see 100 replies per page on any given thread. However, when a thread approaches certain #s of replies, I am unable to access certain pages of the thread. Sometimes, I cannot access any of the pages!

For instance, I currently cannot get into the 'Random Thoughts' thread in the premie board. I've noticed this problem today only since it had roughly 293 replies. It will be interesting to see if it resolves itself after 300 replies. If I click on the thread link, or any of the sub-linked pages, I am taken to a 100% blank page, no errors or anything. When I view source, it's just a 100% empty document, no tags at all.

I've had this problem in the past with some other very long threads too (premie n--c thread, etc). The problem goes away at a certain point and comes back at a certain point depending on the # of responses. Probably when it approaches the 100,200,300,etc marks...

If I change my posts-per-page count to any setting between "forum default" and "50", it will let me into the pages fine. The instant I change it back to 100 and try to view any of the pages, it bombs. You guys should look this up on the VB forum to see if there is a patch that solves this issue... Unless this is something custom on Zilvia.

I searched around and found a bunch of other problems people are having with VB/Posts per page, but none having the exact problem I have. Also it seems all the other boards only allow up to 50 or 75 posts per page, which makes me wonder if this is a zilvia-specific modification/bug.

GL on fixing it.............. Thanks
MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2007, 05:58 PM   #2
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
weird
I got the 'introduce yourself' thread to work, but nothing else.
Hopefully this'll be fixed when we get the upgrade done...
In other news I hear Hell isn't anywhere near freezing yet..
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:39 PM   #3
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
thanks for the response. Just thought u guys should be aware of it...
Old 02-12-2007, 09:55 AM   #4
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

Random thoughts thread is at 300 replies exactly, and now I can access the last page. Other pages are still showing as blank... I think it's a rounding issue =/

That's all.