Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items

For Sale Items Post items for sale here. ABSOLUTELY NO COMMERCIAL SALES.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
Rays_240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Rays_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
spitfire coils for s13/ s14/ ve head swap

I have a complete set of Spitfire Coils with cdi box. They are in perfect working condition. These are for a s13 or s14 but can also be used with a ve head swap set-up. I know because that is what I used them for. They are small enough to fit into the plug wire holes on a 20v valve cover and bolt right up to the oem mounting points as well.

$275 shipped. Firm.

Rays_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2017, 01:40 PM   #2
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Cool price. However those are S15 coil packs which are the same as a 20V (which is why they bolt into the valve cover. These will not fit a S13/14 SR20 (fat coil packs) or a P11 VE (run a distributor with no bolt provisions)
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:42 PM   #3
Rays_240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Cool price. However those are S15 coil packs which are the same as a 20V (which is why they bolt into the valve cover. These will not fit a S13/14 SR20 (fat coil packs) or a P11 VE (run a distributor with no bolt provisions)
You are wrong. These are s13/ s14 spit fire coils. Do some research before spreading false info on my post. thank you.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:55 PM   #4
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Ok...........
Old 07-22-2017, 02:22 PM   #5
Rays_240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Ok...........
Seriously, all you have to do is google them and you will see.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:30 PM   #6
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Please tell me how the same coilpack fits the S13/S14 vs the S15. The S15 hole size is physically smaller in diameter than the S13, so unless the boot is changed over (the upper boot that is), they will NOT physically fit both.

Next, The VE comes in 2 formats. The P12 20V (which fits the S15 and has the coil pack mounting bosses) and the P11 VE (which use a distributor and wires). Again, please tell me how a valve cover that has no provisions, is physically deeper in depth and physically smaller in hole diameter, fits a P12/S15 coil pack, which needs to be bolted down (no provision on the P11 VE), is too short to contact the plug on the P11 cover and will not seat on the P11 valve cover.

If this bolts to a 20V, they will not fit a S13/S14. The upper boot is physically different. Please properly clarify which VE they fit. There are 2 variants........

But whatever, I do not care, which is why I responded as OK........

All I am saying is, the SR has several different variants, and you need to be more specific.

Good day.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:42 PM   #7
Rays_240
Zilvia Member

Please save yourself the embarrassment and google what these are. These are smaller in size because they have a cdi box. They are designed for a s13/ s14. They plug right into my s13 harness and bolt up into both my s13 redtop and 20v valve cover. The top seal is fatter and seals up in the s13 cover. Just go to frsport and search them. You will see the exact ones I have in there product pictures.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #8
Rays_240
Zilvia Member

It honestly sounds like you have no real world experience with these or ve head stuff. These came off of my 740 whp sr22vet and they were previously used on my s13 det head. I know what they are. I purchased them new. You are hijacking my for sale post with misinformation.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:51 PM   #9
Rays_240
Zilvia Member

Here is the link to these on FR Sport since now I have to prove what they are: http://www.frsport.com/Splitfire-DIS...ET_p_1375.html

If anyone has any question about fitment just pm me.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #10
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Cool

Did you sell all your other VE parts BTW??
Old 07-22-2017, 03:02 PM   #11
Rays_240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Cool

Did you sell all your other VE parts BTW??
Yes, All that stuff is long gone. Just clearing out what is left of my s-chassis parts.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:59 AM   #12
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Ralliart is correct. Just because the coil portion is long enough to click onto the spark plug, does not mean that the upper portion will seal into the bore of the valve cover.

No, the upper portion an s13/14 coil pack is not the same OD as an s15 one.
There is no discussion to be had about this. It's fact.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:39 AM   #13
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Just chiming in with some relevant info, the replies here are "mostly" correct but you guys are just talking past each other. Bottom line the OP (Rays_240) is correct in his product description.

These are in fact S13/S14 Splitfire coilpacks. I'm sure they will also bolt up to a 20V valve cover just fine, despite the fact that Splitfire also makes S15/VET specific coilpacks.

This is where it gets crazy, they will bolt up to a 20V valve cover because Splitfire modeled their coils after the OEM S15 coilpacks and simply had a custom boot made in order to seal around the larger opening in the S13/S14 valve cover. No doubt the boot will overhang the 20V opening quite a bit, but it still fits. See attached comparison pictures below. Could probably even trim the top part of the boot off if you so desire to make it fit better. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the coilpack itself is the exact same part between S13/S14 & S15/VET fitment, and that CDI box exists only to counteract the PTU/ignitor in the S13/S14 ignition system.

Note, this only applies to the Splitfire coilpacks. OEM S13/S14 coilpacks are physically larger and will not cram into an S15/VET valve cover.

I probably spent way too much time researching ignition system components when I migrated my S14a to S15 specs.

S15 Splitfire on Left, S14 Splitfire on the Right:

Comparison of the coilboots. They're more interchangeable that you'd think:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-03-05 10.44.02.jpg (216.7 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg 20160302_172818.jpg (206.3 KB, 166 views)
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:24 AM   #14
Rays_240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Just chiming in with some relevant info, the replies here are "mostly" correct but you guys are just talking past each other. Bottom line the OP (Rays_240) is correct in his product description.

These are in fact S13/S14 Splitfire coilpacks. I'm sure they will also bolt up to a 20V valve cover just fine, despite the fact that Splitfire also makes S15/VET specific coilpacks.

This is where it gets crazy, they will bolt up to a 20V valve cover because Splitfire modeled their coils after the OEM S15 coilpacks and simply had a custom boot made in order to seal around the larger opening in the S13/S14 valve cover. No doubt the boot will overhang the 20V opening quite a bit, but it still fits. See attached comparison pictures below. Could probably even trim the top part of the boot off if you so desire to make it fit better. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the coilpack itself is the exact same part between S13/S14 & S15/VET fitment, and that CDI box exists only to counteract the PTU/ignitor in the S13/S14 ignition system.

Note, this only applies to the Splitfire coilpacks. OEM S13/S14 coilpacks are physically larger and will not cram into an S15/VET valve cover.

I probably spent way too much time researching ignition system components when I migrated my S14a to S15 specs.

S15 Splitfire on Left, S14 Splitfire on the Right:

Comparison of the coilboots. They're more interchangeable that you'd think:

Thank you, idk why people have to comment about stuff they dont know or understand. Ive done it first hand. I know what I have and I know what they fit.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:44 PM   #15
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rays_240 View Post
Thank you, idk why people have to comment about stuff they dont know or understand. Ive done it first hand. I know what I have and I know what they fit.
1. We comment because if you're selling something here, the buyer needs to know what they're getting.

2. Saying they fit one thing, when you actually have to MODIFY it to fit, is NOT THE SAME as "they fit".

Like the photo above demonstrates, the seal for the bore on the valve cover is NOT THE SAME.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:37 PM   #16
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
1. We comment because if you're selling something here, the buyer needs to know what they're getting.

2. Saying they fit one thing, when you actually have to MODIFY it to fit, is NOT THE SAME as "they fit".

Like the photo above demonstrates, the seal for the bore on the valve cover is NOT THE SAME.
The upper part before that "cap" is the same width, it'll fit without mods. Yes, they are different, but not enough that someone couldn't install them in a VE valve cover if they wanted to.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:49 PM   #17
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I don't see any problem with how he listed it. It's no different than selling CBR, LSX, Bosch, Denso, etc coil packs. They all work, these happen to be plug and play and that's awesome. That rubber grommet really isn't even that important to be honest with you guys, especially if you have the center garnish for the valve cover.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:23 AM   #18
BoostedForHerPleasure
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BoostedForHerPleasure is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So it would be the sellers fault if someone buys a used part they clearly didn't research before they bought it and it didn't work for their application?

Riiight.... GLWS Ray
BoostedForHerPleasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:51 AM   #19
Rays_240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post

It does not need modified to fit. These are not modded. They are what I listed and they fit what I listed un-modified.

So again why are we still talking. You guys are wrong and have trashed this thread to the point where I will need to make a new one. Thank you for wasting my time.

Last edited by Rays_240; 07-25-2017 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 07-25-2017, 08:52 AM   #20
Rays_240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedForHerPleasure View Post
So it would be the sellers fault if someone buys a used part they clearly didn't research before they bought it and it didn't work for their application?

Riiight.... GLWS Ray
I dont understand your point? These are listed correctly. No research needed. I even gave a link to the product on fr sport...
Old 07-25-2017, 09:05 AM   #21
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rays_240 View Post
I dont understand your point? These are listed correctly. No research needed. I even gave a link to the product on fr sport...
Hey was agreeing with you. Sarcasm is a lost art via text.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:38 AM   #22
Rays_240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Hey was agreeing with you. Sarcasm is a lost art via text.
hahaha, gotcha. Yea I missed the sarcasm.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:51 AM   #23
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Ha. Forgot about this!

To help clear the air; yes I made a mistake. These are S13/S14/20V coilpacks. I am an idiot...done. I should learn to internet better......

Ray, GLWS.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:22 PM   #24
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

wolfpack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Ha. Forgot about this!

To help clear the air; yes I made a mistake. These are S13/S14/20V coilpacks. I am an idiot...done. I should learn to internet better......

Ray, GLWS.
After that whole spiel you wrote up top...
Old 07-25-2017, 05:59 PM   #25
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
After that whole spiel you wrote up top...

Please follow. I was incorrect in saying these are S15 coilpacks. I was NOT incorrect about my "spiel" above.....

Again, Ray GLWS. Sorry to jack up your thread with information not relevant to this thread.