Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
Kennyy

Trader Rating: (0)
Kennyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
350z Rear Axle Problems, Someone Please Help!!!

hey guys so i got my rear axles replaced because they were on their way out, anyway..last week my axle shaft came out of the differential on the freeway and luckily i had an early morning shift so i was able to pull over on the freeway because my car wouldn't go into gear. So i had the axles replace and when we were changing the axles we noticed the shaft (picture below) was outside of the differential, i got a flashlight and looked inside and the c-lock (other picture below) was inside mounted in the differential and to my understanding it has to be on the axle shaft right? anyways we put it together like that and yesterday i drove it around the city with no problems, i was coming back home late at night and at a red light my car didn't move in gear i got out and checked under the car and the shaft came out once again. Why is this happening? all bolts are torqued down to spec, the only issue I'm confused about is why the c-lock is inside the differential mounted instead of the axle shaft, do i take it out of the differential and put a new one on the axle? Wekfest Long Beach is in 3 weeks and my car is finally done just this problem is whats slowing me down and I'm afraid i won't be able to show at wekfest luckily tuesday is my last day of school so i can just take my brothers car. someone PLEASE help I'm desperate for advice.

picture is not my differential its just for reference
my car is an 04 6 speed with non lsd if it matters

here is the axle shaft that keeps popping out, and its only this side that it keeps happening, when installed properly inside the differential how hard should it be to take it out in other words how snug should it fit inside there?

and here is the c-lock i have
http://www.courtesyparts.com/38225-c...8-p-15545.html
Kennyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
No way should it just slide out...
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #3
mikey6929

mikey6929 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah that shouldn't be happening
mikey6929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:07 AM   #4
go7roo7

go7roo7 is an unknown quantity at this point
( If I remember) There is a retainer or C lock inside the diff that prevents the Axelshaft from just coming out. Its been a really long time since I have opened up one of these pumpkins but this is definitely not normal.
go7roo7 is offline   Reply With Quote