Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-28-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Q45 R200 diff cover = S14 diff cover?

Another random part crossover question - will a Q45 R200 finned diff cover bolt right into an S14 subframe? I'm assuming the bolt pattern is the same on the covers as an S13 diff housing as well.

Also - what years did Q45s have R200s? I've read some conflicting info there, but it seems the early 90's were a pretty good bet for an R200.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
I know the J30 rear finned diff cover will fit the S14 diff............I have done a parts cross refference before on these parts and I could find more than 1 part number for the J30 rear diff cover, and I know for a fact the some J30 R200's are finned and some are not.....but Nissan FAST only gives one part number so I dunno....

~90-97 Q45 = R200
~97-01 Q45 = R200
I believe even the 01 - have R200.
UNISA JECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Here are some pics of J30 diffs I sold on here in the past

J30 finned and extra oil capacity:

J30 non-finned:

Another J30 non finned with 2x3 axles input shafts:

Old 09-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #4
Def
Post Whore!

Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
There are a few J30s at local yards, but every one I've checked has had a smooth cover so I thought they all came with that. The Q45s seem to all have finned ones, so I was thinking of going with that if it'll fit.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #5
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Im almost positive the G50 90-97 Q45 rear cover will work on a S14 but dont quote me, im not sure about the others I have a 97-01 Q45 diff to but no pics of it, i'll check that cover tommorrow.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:09 AM   #6
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Early Z32 covers are finned as well, that's another option for you. As long as it's an NA model of course.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #7
Def
Post Whore!

Yea, I remember that, but Z32s are as rare as S14s in yards around here(which means they don't exist).

I'll guess I'll give the Q45 cover a try if I can ever source an S14 rear subframe. Every lead I get falls through.