Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-30-2016, 07:58 AM   #8911
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
So its looking like that Fiat 124 will end up being cheaper for a turbo model then the NA Miata. Not sure how Mazda allowed Fiat to get away with that one, I guess they just expect them to all break down and the buyers they lost to come crawling back begging for forgiveness.
Where are you seeing this? I'm not a fan of the looks of either one but if that's the case and you can squeeze maybe 50-75 more horses out of it with a simple tune and basic bolt ons., I may have to buy a Fiat. I can't believe I'm saying that last part.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2016, 08:44 AM   #8912
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It was all over the car websites a few days ago.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:21 PM   #8913
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
I honestly cannot get past the looks of the Fiat. Shame.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:22 AM   #8914
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero983 View Post
Me either. Plus I can just imagine the "great engineering" FCA group put into it. I'm willing to bet in 10 years there's all kinds of common issues with the Fiat and very few with the Mazda.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:51 AM   #8915
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I'm not really a fan but I don't hate it like I hate the trash new age Japanese design language that they used on the ND. To me, the later NC's were at a good spot. Decent looks while staying simplistic and not trying to go to masculine. I wish they'd do something more like that. As much as people bitch about corvettes and 911's not changing much, at least they haven't changed them significantly for the worse.

I like the price point and I love the exhaust notes on those 500 abarths, which I imagine is similar to what the 124 will have. I'm not really a big fan of FCA or Italian junk in general but I'd consider buying one given the price and depending on what kind of power gains people are able to accomplish with minor aftermarket upgrades and a tune. Also just to give the middle finger to Mazda for being too ignorant to either give their car enough power or the potential to get there fairly easily by way of a factory forced induction motor. I have to admit, if this thing looked as good as an S2000, and I knew good things about all of the above, I'd be sold right now. Gotta vote with your wallet if something good is offered. I can confidently say the only reason a Subaru-Toyota isn't in my driveway right now is because they never offered it with more power. However, not buying something still doesn't send quite the same message as buying when they do something right.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:15 AM   #8916
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Toyota is losing its mind (in the best way possible imo) and fucking around with a RWD sporty wagony shooting brake 86 and Nissan can't even redesign the Z or figure out how to make a small coupe.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/05/06/t...cept-official/
Old 05-06-2016, 07:30 AM   #8917
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The Future RWD Coupes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Toyota is losing its mind (in the best way possible imo) and fucking around with a RWD sporty wagony shooting brake 86 and Nissan can't even redesign the Z or figure out how to make a small coupe.

^cool

It has more of a hatchback shape to it.

Still concerned over lack of SF-R news.

Toyota needs to have a manual option for one of the Lexus sedans haha. Manual IS200t would be swag
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:33 PM   #8918
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Rob's S14
is it just me or does that look a lot like a CRZ?
Rob's S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:06 PM   #8919
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
^cool

It has more of a hatchback shape to it.

Still concerned over lack of SF-R news.

Toyota needs to have a manual option for one of the Lexus sedans haha. Manual IS200t would be swag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob's S14 View Post

That is just retarded..
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #8920
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
That is just retarded..
are wagons you know....more wagony?

It's not really rectangular, it has a rounded front and square rear. It is a short 3-door setup. wagons are longer right?

what defines wagon as opposed to hatchback? don't wagons have 4 doors ?

in for proper definition then, if it is just retarded.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:04 PM   #8921
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Quote:

When the hell are they gonna finally build that god damn Supra they keep bringing around the concept for? I don't care for its looks, but its been in development forever now!
Old 05-06-2016, 07:07 PM   #8922
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
When the hell are they gonna finally build that god damn Supra they keep bringing around the concept for? I don't care for its looks, but its been in development forever now!
kinda thought they were gonna crossbreed it with a bimmer, probably gonna be exciting as that new NSX.................
Old 05-06-2016, 07:36 PM   #8923
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
And a Hyundai Veloster.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:48 PM   #8924
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

But RWD and with more awesome, less quirk.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:58 AM   #8925
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
really like the side profile
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:37 AM   #8926
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
But RWD and with more awesome, less quirk.
Same lack of power though. I love the 86 twins, but they're just soooo damn slow.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:56 AM   #8927
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
How is more car with the same lack of power supposed to excite potential buyers?

Turbo or bust.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:44 PM   #8928
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
How is more car with the same lack of power supposed to excite potential buyers?

Turbo or bust.

This.

Such a dumb move.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:08 PM   #8929
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It even has the blessing of Tetsuya Tada, the father of the Toyota 86 and its Subaru BRZ and (now rebadged) Scion FR-S, who's been protective of the original GT86 concept to the point of strenuously resisting any serious power upgrades.
I found the problem.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:28 AM   #8930
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

It sucks because the car seriously only needs like 25-50 hp more to quite the critiques. I just can't imagine the second gen not seeing a pretty big hp jump. I also wouldn't be surprised if it only saw a 5-10hp increase and stay NA.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:50 PM   #8931
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

I think my favorite part is the horse shit line that Toyota and Mazda keep giving about how they can't handle more power and still be light. Would have to go to 5 lug and beef up the rest of the car, that whole talking point. Meanwhile, JCW had no problem doing it in a mini over a decade ago.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:02 PM   #8932
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
LOL yeah looks like my crz with an frs light conversion
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:34 PM   #8933
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Hp isn't the true answer. I OWN ONE. And let me say, it just needs more torque. If they put all the direct injection shit on to the 2.5 from the Legacy, and tuned it properly, it would be fine.

THEY WILL NEVER FUCKING TURBO IT. I've said this 1000000 times. It would cut into WRX sales, which is Subaru's darling. Besides, the BRZ is a bastard. Subaru never wanted it.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:14 PM   #8934
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post

Turbo or bust.
Nah,

I4 or bust
Old 05-09-2016, 08:22 PM   #8935
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Make it electric.

With a 40 mile range.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:56 PM   #8936
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I know looks and visibility are more important than performance to this crowd, but this thing is going to be a beast!

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/05/10/c...s-nurburgring/
Old 05-10-2016, 08:00 PM   #8937
Corbic
Post Whore!

This was over on SVTP.

You can get a 2016 Mustang GT for $39k with the Dealer installed Roush TVS Supercharger making 670hp with 3/36k warranty.

http://cdnedge.vinsolutions.com/Deal...lyer%20All.pdf

If you don't mind losing your warranty you can have it tuned to 727hp.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...F727hp-mustang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuRUyQuUK5k
Old 05-10-2016, 08:22 PM   #8938
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Thats impressive but who is gonna spend >45k for a mustang? Not a huge percentage of people on this forum, due to the majority being under thirty. Impressive though
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:27 PM   #8939
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
Thats impressive but who is gonna spend >45k for a mustang? Not a huge percentage of people on this forum, due to the majority being under thirty. Impressive though
It's $39k. Not my problem "most on this forum" are broke asses.

Most on this forum can't afford a $3k 240sx.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:31 PM   #8940
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Completely unrelated, but the gif of the guy VR fucking still shows up in taptalk.

I recommend a different gif, as I am tired seeing it.

Last edited by kashira kureijii; 05-10-2016 at 09:08 PM..