Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-14-2006, 02:20 PM   #1
Highboost180SX
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Highboost180SX is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quick Offset Q

I searched, couldnt find anything specific to my question. What would be a better fit for the rear of a S13. 18x9 w/38 offset or 18x9 w/15 offset? I am on HKS coilovers and my suspension is fully adjustable (tie rod ends, camber, etc...) I dont want to have to pull my fenders but they already have a very nice roll on them. I dont mind adjusting the camber and I dont have a problem with a nice stretch. I am about to buy wheels and want to do it right the first time, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-14-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
18 x 9 +15 all the way. They will fit nicely and won't even come close to the coils. I prefer a bit lower offset, but this will be a nice conservative fit.

JVD.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:28 PM   #3
vutony
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (145)
vutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 145 reviews
yeah, +2 for 18x9 +15
Old 09-14-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
Highboost180SX
Leaky Injector

Highboost180SX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD
18 x 9 +15 all the way. They will fit nicely and won't even come close to the coils. I prefer a bit lower offset, but this will be a nice conservative fit.

JVD.
Holy quick response batman!! Awesome, i was leaning towards the 15offset but i worried about fender rubbing. Thanks JVD, if anyone has anything else to offer my ears are open.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:39 PM   #5
patrick10
Zilvia Member

patrick10 will become famous soon enoughpatrick10 will become famous soon enoughpatrick10 will become famous soon enoughpatrick10 will become famous soon enough
+15 but the fronts might be a little tight. the rears should be fine
patrick10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:02 PM   #6
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
JVD is right, +15 is just right IMO.

-Matt
Old 09-14-2006, 04:05 PM   #7
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick10
+15 but the fronts might be a little tight. the rears should be fine
Wheel fitment is all a matter of preference really. If I were to run 9's all around they would be +/- 0mm rear, and +10mm front. +15 will look good all around though...
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:38 PM   #8
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Strangely enough, the +38's won't look bad, I have 17x9 +36 on my hatch and they fit well.
But I would go with the +15, especially since you can adjust height, camber, etc.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:55 PM   #9
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
^^Haha another wheel god.. Aren't your wheels on your coupe 18x11 or something crazy like that?
Old 09-14-2006, 05:00 PM   #10
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
yeah, 18x9 -5 and 18x11 +5

I just remembered, you will have clearance issues if you run the +38 on the front with coilovers, so definatly go with the +15.

I design wheels for a living, so sometimes I know what I'm talking about, haha.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:11 PM   #11
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
I'd suggest searching for the "What Spec Wheels does Everyone Have" Thread and "The Ultimate Wheel Buyers Guide" Thread. There is alot of good info in those threads. Personally I'm trying to model this fitment for my wheels.

Shown is 17x9 +15 front with 225/45 and 17x10 +35 rear with 245/40.
Only Rolled, no pull.
Here's the post.
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php...3&postcount=61
Thanks to -=RS13=-.

I'll be running 18x9 +15 and 18x10 +35 with larger tires and worked fenders.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:47 AM   #12
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

^^Canada ftmfw...
Old 09-17-2006, 11:59 PM   #13
addikted2bass
Leaky Injector

addikted2bass can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
I'd suggest searching for the "What Spec Wheels does Everyone Have" Thread and "The Ultimate Wheel Buyers Guide" Thread. There is alot of good info in those threads. Personally I'm trying to model this fitment for my wheels.

Shown is 17x9 +15 front with 225/45 and 17x10 +35 rear with 245/40.
Only Rolled, no pull.
Here's the post.
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php...3&postcount=61
Thanks to -=RS13=-.

I'll be running 18x9 +15 and 18x10 +35 with larger tires and worked fenders.
thanks tahts exactly what iv been looking for!
addikted2bass is offline   Reply With Quote