Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:58 PM   #31
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
Cody ace has the perfect platform to make 330 whp on a dyno dynamics!

I honestly hat havin a bazillion threads like this but look at the 2871 thread

I suggest the larger turbine housing 2871R, a haltech and a great tuner. Without good tuning it doesnt matter what insane parts you have its a paper weight
ANd I've not seen a trap speed out of California in the 2 years of your 'magical 400 hp dynojet' cars. Just saying, if you want to play fair, lets go with trap speeds. 120, full weight, .64 housing, bullshit run, first time not on street tires.. 11.6! If you've got an gutted s13 trapping 122-124, well damn...that's the same power as I make! It better trap 125+ to impress me in a car with 400 less lbs.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2010, 11:00 PM   #32
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by yingiang View Post
Im not wrong. Good day.
Post up 2 or more magical 350 whp s15 turbo, and I"ll paypal you 5 bucks. No questions asked.

Moderators, feel free to ban me if I don't.

Good day.

Edit: GT28RS (Granted FWD, but more compression) dyno at 17/18psi

I'd love to see a 28r/s15 combo do that. Yea yea, we know it dies uptop, bullshit lowport intakes.

Edit: Non race gas included. I could claimk my car makes 450 whp with race gas and boost too.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 12-29-2010, 11:08 PM   #33
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
ANd I've not seen a trap speed out of California in the 2 years of your 'magical 400 hp dynojet' cars. Just saying, if you want to play fair, lets go with trap speeds. 120, full weight, .64 housing, bullshit run, first time not on street tires.. 11.6! If you've got an gutted s13 trapping 122-124, well damn...that's the same power as I make! It better trap 125+ to impress me in a car with 400 less lbs.
Haha I knew I would piss you off...

All of my cars trap 120+ usually but then again Drag Racing is dead out here...we have to rely on running Z06s and beating the living crap out of them on the fwy more often instead

for new members we and Cody and best e friends ever but like to bash each other for different reasons...like an abusive gay relationship
Old 12-29-2010, 11:08 PM   #34
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
You are just changing reality to suit yourself. Still wrong.
Beware, internet experts are against us.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #35
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
Haha I knew I would piss you off...

All of my cars trap 120+ usually but then again Drag Racing is dead out here...we have to rely on running Z06s and beating the living crap out of them on the fwy more often instead

for new members we and Cody and best e friends ever but like to bash each other for different reasons...like an abusive gay relationship

Yes Steve and I would totally get drunk on Potato odka, and smash blondes together all night. No ball touching though, last timke didn't go well. Sigh, old Zilvia :/

And F you for knowing how to get my excited

FWIW: My goals to hit a DD next spring. I'm working on a somewhat local hookup to make a 'dyno comparison' between a DJ, a DD, and MD

Double Edit: I get a kick out of how our musical taste is so damn similar too.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #36
yingiang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
yingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Post up 2 or more magical 350 whp s15 turbo, and I"ll paypal you 5 bucks. No questions asked.

Moderators, feel free to ban me if I don't.

Good day.
PM'd
Am I am still not wrong and stick to my original post of estimated 3-350.

edit:
should of said 3-330 so we wouldnt of cluttered this thread
yingiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #37
nismoman
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
nismoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Maybe this is my fault that this thread turned into a crapfest. After all I did ask for proof of this magical 350hp t28r. Here are the facts:
The t28r is a good solid 300hp turbo super fast spooling
Gt28rs easy 330 without sweating very fast spooling
Gt2871r 64ar solid 350+ while still spooling fast

I totally agree with codyace and why he chose a 2871. I chose the rs because my car is intended to be a fast really fun mostly street car. I was more concerned with fastest possible spool while going over 300hp than hitting over 350hp
Old 12-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #38
yabeet
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
yabeet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Am I am still not wrong and stick to my original post of estimated 3-350.
You are wrong.

Quote:
edit:
should of said 3-330 so we wouldnt of cluttered this thread
You just admitted it
The thing is, it’s a gearbox, okay? It has one job to do! One job! Pull the lever… ‘Am I a pencil? Am I a cauliflower? Am I a nuclear power sta– I’m a gearbox! Oh, heavens, I’m gonna swap some cogs around!’

Jeremy Clarkson on Automatics
yabeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:58 PM   #39
yingiang
Zilvia FREAK!

yingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabeet View Post
You are wrong.

You just admitted it
dude i am not wrong. i initially said 3-350...ive already pmed people regarding this issue so you dont need to stick your head in something you are not apart of.

if i was wrong i would of said I WAS WRONG but 3-350 is NOT WRONG
i gave too big of a estimate but the hp still falls between those numbers
so i simply stated i should of put 3-330 so all this bs wouldnt of happened.
are you that retarded you dont understand ?
Old 12-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #40
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
dude i am not wrong. i initially said 3-350...ive already pmed people regarding this issue so you dont need to stick your head in something you are not apart of.

if i was wrong i would of said I WAS WRONG but 3-350 is NOT WRONG
i gave too big of a estimate but the hp still falls between those numbers
so i simply stated i should of put 3-330 so all this bs wouldnt of happened.
are you that retarded you dont understand ?
I thought you weren't going to clutter this.

Again, you'd save face just admitting you made an error, and moving on. Not a single person here is going to loose any sleep or worry behind tomorrow about what you said unless you keep trying to defend the comment. It's like saying Nostradamus is always right, even despite extreme generalizations.

Just keep on truckin man, don't get upset over it.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:36 PM   #41
yingiang
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Just keep on truckin man, don't get upset over it.
I'm not upset and it was not an error. My statement stands.
You can achieve 3-350hp with a S15 turbo.
Otherwise prove me wrong.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:36 AM   #42
NYS13SLIDER
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
NYS13SLIDER is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The things that we stress! Does no one else have a 350whp setup that they would like to post? I created this thread hoping to get 15-20 different combinations. Maybe im exaggerating but i wasnt expecting it to turn into 15 ways to bash someone!! Back to the topic please!!! Thanks
NYS13SLIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:12 PM   #43
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'm not upset and it was not an error. My statement stands.
You can achieve 3-350hp with a S15 turbo.
Otherwise prove me wrong.
[third grade]
"My dad can beat up your dad"
[/third grade]

Dude, do you really need the trophy of correctness? You're an idiot. It's like saying a Vulcan 3.0 is good for 100whp to 800 whp. No one can prove you wrong. YOu came in here with your 'knowledge' and got proven wrong. It's like the classic battle of 'experience' vs 'forum fuck face'. What have you done? You can't even keep your own lies straight over your own car. You're not impressing anyone here, nor are you going to ever. Again how many cars have you personally put together and dynoed? 1? 0?. Be honest as I'll easily post your PM about 'not knowing'. I think a few people got that same PM, we all laughed at you.

SO yes, you are right, it will make between 300-350 whp. More like 290-315. But since you've got some hard on preventing you from dropping this, I'll feed your 2 dollar ego. You remind me of Farva.."I got you good fucker".

I hate making posts like "I hope this thread gets locked" but I hope it does. Surely the OP should have done more research, but jackjobs like you really make the experience here less.

Signal > Noise. Happy New Year.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #44
Toi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bah, this was informative, especially since I now know the S15 is a waste of money for my goals. Thanks for the info folks, OP thanks for making the thread, I normally just search till my eyes bleed........

Back to the 2871 thread that was linked on here!
Toi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #45
Datenshi
Leaky Injector

Datenshi is an unknown quantity at this point
Amen Cody. :P

As to the OP, there aren't really '15-20' ways to get to what your asking lol. Everyone has pretty much given the best option for what your looking for. There are slight differences you could do, but its all preference when it comes down to cams and tuning and shit. It'd personally go with a GT2871, low boost you'd be right where you want to be with the option of having more flexibility if you want it. I wouldn't suggest a S15 turbo because.. well.. maxing out the turbo for the increased response isn't worth it to me.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Datenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #46
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
Amen Cody. :P

As to the OP, there aren't really '15-20' ways to get to what your asking lol. Everyone has pretty much given the best option for what your looking for. There are slight differences you could do, but its all preference when it comes down to cams and tuning and shit. It'd personally go with a GT2871, low boost you'd be right where you want to be with the option of having more flexibility if you want it. I wouldn't suggest a S15 turbo because.. well.. maxing out the turbo for the increased response isn't worth it to me.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Totally the truth...the 2871 .64 really spools almost on par with the 28RS .86...I mean it's negliable really to me...and with that said, you now have a compressor wheel capable of a broader and larger powerband.

Honestly the more I think about the SR20 ant the turbo 'guide' I really think that it should honestly go (in relation to Garrett based turbos, once you get into the JDM ones and the BW stuff, it's really hard to be 'exact' as they have way to many 'options'

225ish whp - Stock turbos of either type. Sure that t28 may make close to 300, but it's really pumping hot air at that point

300 whp - S15 (if you want to keep small, and affordable)

300-400 - 2871r (gets you great response, and power that is close enough to the 30r's that I'd gladly take the faster response than the lag and slightly more peak up...this step really is much more involved as it takes a bit of 'extra' stuff to make this power reliable

400-500 - 35r (honestly it doesn't spool that much later than most of the larger 30r varients)...may as well deal with a smidge slower turbo for a much bigger top end here. Obviously if you're putting a big charger on it, you know the other stuff it needs too.

Sure that may seem like a simple list, but it's probably an easy way to look at the HP goal, the turbo to go with, and then know what associated mods to add.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #47
NYS13SLIDER
Zilvia Member

Part of the topic i wanted the thread to cover was also the "other little things" people are doing to achieve and maintain an efficient and non over boosted smaller turbo 350whp setup. Lets just say,for arguments sake, we all agree that the turbo we are using to make this 350whp is the 2871r .64, what supporting mods are we doing to achieve a broad quick spooling powerband while also keeping the stock block together and reliable?
On the power end of things for Example: Cams,Intake manifold,turbo manifold etc.. And for the reliability end for Example: arp headstuds, metal headgasket etc. Everyone using this turbo or "knowledge" regarding the matter please post.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #48
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
dude, scroll to the top of the page and click the "search" button...hmmm i dunno, maybe, just maybe check the gt2871r thread? people (including myself) have been pretty helpful...you can do the rest...you got pointed in the right direction now search the rest yourself.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #49
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYS13SLIDER View Post
Part of the topic i wanted the thread to cover was also the "other little things" people are doing to achieve and maintain an efficient and non over boosted smaller turbo 350whp setup. Lets just say,for arguments sake, we all agree that the turbo we are using to make this 350whp is the 2871r .64, what supporting mods are we doing to achieve a broad quick spooling powerband while also keeping the stock block together and reliable?
On the power end of things for Example: Cams,Intake manifold,turbo manifold etc.. And for the reliability end for Example: arp headstuds, metal headgasket etc. Everyone using this turbo or "knowledge" regarding the matter please post.
The 2871r thread really covers all of those bases.

While some may agree or disagree with their 'need', it's generally observed that to maintain a reliable 350-400 whp car, that a metal headgasket and headstuds are added. Cams as well, such as the Jim Wolf S3's (no need for spring change FTW), or the HKS 264's. Intake manifold would be a suggestion if you are looking at upper 300 range, as it helps maintain power to the end of the curve. While some think it hurts response, I'd disagree for the most part...it's not enough of a 'low end' to give up such greater top end power.

FWIW: My setup in the 2871r thread makes 290/300 whp at 10 psi, 410 a 20psi...

Old 01-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #50
yingiang
Zilvia FREAK!

not wrong, thanks ! you are just over exaggerating my post so you feel the need to be ultimately correct although theres nothing that you have said to prove me wrong.
i dont see how you keep claiming i am a liar because i havent lied about shit

if your going to debate then debate...but i see the quickess resort for you would to just do personal attacks
its okay. you can take the cake you big cry baby
Old 01-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #51
nismoman
Zilvia Junkie

Please just STFU.....
Old 01-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #52
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoman View Post
Please just STFU.....
He's gotta get that last word in. This is Zilvia, real talk.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #53
yingiang
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoman View Post
Please just STFU.....
Don't cryyyyy
Old 01-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #54
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
not wrong, thanks ! you are just over exaggerating my post so you feel the need to be ultimately correct although theres nothing that you have said to prove me wrong.
We do deductive reasoning here not inductive.
Quote:
i dont see how you keep claiming i am a liar because i havent lied about shit
You said in the thread it was some shop cars that accomplished this. Then you PM us saying it was you car that you sold.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:46 PM   #55
Datenshi
Leaky Injector

Datenshi is an unknown quantity at this point
People talk shit, we all know that here. I vote ignore and maybe it'll deflate his ego a bit. Next he'll be saying that he put a B18C in his 240sx and it made 400HP to all wheels.
Datenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #56
nismoman
Zilvia Junkie

I sprinkled fairy dust and unicorn tears on my t25 and made 400hp
Old 01-02-2011, 07:28 AM   #57
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I hope this thread gets locked already. Im tired or seeing this guy being "right all the time" instead of trying to help the op with his OP even though its not a new topic. Not the point though. Lock.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #58
NYS13SLIDER
Zilvia Member

I have been reading the 2871r thread,believe you me. i was trying to start a thread where people with their setups would just post them up and explain what they are happy with and what they would do different in list form. Thanks
Old 01-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #59
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYS13SLIDER View Post
I have been reading the 2871r thread,believe you me. i was trying to start a thread where people with their setups would just post them up and explain what they are happy with and what they would do different in list form. Thanks
STOCK bottom end
APexi 1.1 mm MHG
ARP Headstuds
GT2871R 0.64 A/R, 52 trim (slightly less output than the 56 trim version)
Brian Crower valves springs and Ti retainers
Greddy Rocker Arm Stoppers
HKS Step 2 264/264 Cams (12 mm Intake and 11.5 mm Exhaust lift)
Greddy Turbo elbow
Greddy VSPL FMIC and intercooler piping
Stock throttle body
Greddy EVO TT 3" exhaust from catback
3" Test Pipe

Tomei 740 cc/min injectors
Stock fuel rail
Walbro fuel pump with stock fuel lines
300ZX fuel filter
Aeromotive FPR

Apex'i AVC-R boost control

Apex'i PowerFC for tuning.

My dyno sheet is not accurate, because I had a massive boost leak, a sliced IC coupler, (that I didn't find until later....ahhh the ONE downside of a MAP-based setup) that caused my car to spool late and not be able to hold boost properly....

Bascially, a very similar setup to Cody's, except minus the extrude honing of the exhaust manifold and turbine housing, and with the 52 trim rather than the 56 trim of this turbo, and with HKS 264 Step 2 rather than JWT S3.

Probably as is, it would make around 300 ft-lbs and high 375 whp at 20 psi....needs fine tuning to the fuel and ignition to squeeze out more power.

EDIT:

With said boost leak, the car trapped roughly 112.5. The boost leak a) killed my top end in each gear (especially 2nd and 3rd) and b) more importantly, DRAMATICALLY fucked up my ability to hold boost or re-build full boost in between shifts.

My guess is that with the boost leak fixed and my current "super-conservative" tune, it is probably good for around 115-116 mph trap speed or so.

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #60
NYS13SLIDER
Zilvia Member

jspaeth thats the type of post i was looking for!