Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:18 PM   #61
forgotten
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
forgotten is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
that rear wing looks dope !!
forgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2016, 03:38 PM   #62
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
that headlight set up looks amazing. i've been interested in that ever since that purple-y-grey one popped up in the zenki thread. did you ever get started on a diy thread for them?
Old 02-20-2016, 09:43 AM   #63
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
that headlight set up looks amazing. i've been interested in that ever since that purple-y-grey one popped up in the zenki thread. did you ever get started on a diy thread for them?
do a proper DIY I would have to build another set and find a friend to take video/photographs. I tried to stop and get pics during the process, but some of it got so tedious that I just wanted to get through it and forgot to take a couple pics during all the sanding/trimming.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:36 AM   #64
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood Jablomie View Post
Nice, still have it? Traded my s13 a while back and built a 6 speed 1j x8, sedans are the shit.
Anyways, this car is gonna be rad, diggin the heat shield cloth on the firewall and the chaser lights. Keep up the good work!
I do. Just got it back from paint not too long ago.

Refreshing all the rear bushings to poly while waiting on new 1.5 way to arrive.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:04 AM   #65
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Been busy with the cressida and so the s14 has sat neglected......

Debating with/without roof spoiler. If it sat flush and the hardware wasn't as big as it could be I would consider making new brackets.

Dropped rear subframe to yank out factory bits in favor of poly. Easiest bushings I've ever dealt with. Also had subframe reinforcement plate welded in to beef up diff mounting points for the 1.5way ATS. New rear upper arms with fresh balljoints and poly bushings. Same with front LCAs, fresh ball joints and poly bushings. Other than swaybar bushings, everything is either poly or heim.

Took the cressy out for it's shakedown last weekend. Other than needing some suspension adjustments it was a blast to drift. Even got to toss it around with all seats occupied. Was a bit of work but still fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxTmnYMbPjA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QxIOrOgn-w
Old 01-20-2017, 06:31 AM   #66
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What ever happened to this?

Also, want to get that chaser headlight build. i understand how hard it would be but fuck man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
AscendaShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:20 PM   #67
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

The S14 is a side project and so it gets pushed aside most of the time. Sent valve covers out for powdercoating and am happy they are now a color rather than raw. Got front of motor back together and then tossed it into the bay to check fit with the tubs and start looking at how to run piping, fuel, and coolant.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:51 AM   #68
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

One year later.......still getting pushed around.

Have been distracted by a new project (was supposed to just be a fun car to cruise around in but thats just not working out)

Purchased

Immediately started cleaning it up. Hicas pulled out and tossed. Fresh non-hicas subframe and full suspension upgrade installed

Then to the interior

Even snagged fresh weather stripping/moulding

Couldn't leave the exterior completely stock

Just picked up this sweet 2.5" RS*R NA exhaust to play nice with an RS*R header I've been sitting on for a couple months

Also changing up the front wheels
Old 07-30-2018, 11:29 AM   #69
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Whered you grab the weatherstripping from? Nissan parts store?
Old 07-30-2018, 09:34 PM   #70
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Whered you grab the weatherstripping from? Nissan parts store?
Some from courtesy parts nissan, some from ebay, and some from YAJ. Never stop searching. Found a few items for the S14 as well. Front and rear glass mouldings so can be all fresh after paint.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:34 AM   #71
chetacheese
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
chetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to chetacheese
Good lawd. Nice S collection with so much care. No matter how long, still an update. Fux yasss.
chetacheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:46 AM   #72
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
damn what an update
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:05 PM   #73
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks guys. First S13 was budget that eventually got all the ebay/rep parts replaced over time with proper quality stuff. So when I started the S14 I figured just go for the end game from the start.........much bigger undertaking than I originally imagined. The Silvia was supposed to be basic build, that quickly became slowly building up my dream S13. Have an S14 SR that is getting refreshed and has DOC bottom mount and HKS GT3 RS turbo to bolt on once it's ready. Might stay NA S13 SR or toss the S14 SR20DET in later. Gonna enjoy the NA life for a bit and see if it sticks.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:01 PM   #74
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

S14 update......no more 1JZ VVTi. Friend was in need and my s14 was no where near completion so sold it off. Sat no motor for a minute, thought about just tossing in an SR and move forward. Then friend hits me with "hey I got an LS2 that needs a home". Couldnt say no to the price so have given in to a V8 and putting it in a Boss car....yea real original. Oh well get to find out what LS is all about can always change it up later.

Initial test fit is good. Time to beat the crap out of the trans tunnel and start building fuel lines
Old 11-26-2019, 07:19 AM   #75
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I enjoy fallowing the constant evolution. Absolutely love your Silvia man, can we get some moar pics?
Old 12-12-2019, 11:57 PM   #76
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
I enjoy fallowing the constant evolution. Absolutely love your Silvia man, can we get some moar pics?
The s14 is back on the sidelines again......nothing new there unfortunately. Currently finishing up s14 SR motor build for the s13 silvia. Once thats in and running will turn attention back to the s14 and getting all the plumbing done for the LS to play nice with the fuel, coolant, and heater......a/c will have to wait until everything else is sorted and running first.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:02 AM   #77
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Nearly 2 years and while a handful go things have been done to the car, most of them are out of sight. ECU is mounted and most of interior has been put back making sure I didn't beat the trans tunnel too much to make way for the T56. Still need to create a bracket for the GTO pedal and other little things for the interior. As for engine bay I can't leave things well enough alone so changed up the valve covers a bit.

2 years and one photo. Will be nice to finish up the other projects (and sell off one of them as well) then put full attention on finishing up the S14. 2022 maybe