Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-05-2015, 12:59 AM   #1
kat_drifting

Trader Rating: (0)
kat_drifting is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 hicas/non power steering help please

I have searched everything with power steering that I could find and all of them either have Sr advice or not what I am looking for. I have a 91 hatch dual cam obviously, abs converting to non, engine and pump/lines and everything is in a super hicas donor car. I am confused on the part of the front steering rack, will the lines bolt up to my rack? I have an extra s13 parts engine that was modified for s14 chassis. Can I use power steering pump from that if needed for pump and mount so I don't have to remove the plates in hicas pump. I am basically asking for some one who knows. What exactly I need/dont need. Curious if I need s13 pump bracket/pump and lines or if anything I have will work. Sorry I am super tired so if I need to add or clarify please let me know, I am drained from piecing this together.

Last edited by kat_drifting; 12-05-2015 at 01:01 AM.. Reason: add more info
kat_drifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2015, 01:12 AM   #2
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
This post makes no sense. You're talking about ABS swaps and donor cars and parts engines and power steering. Explain both your situation and question more clearly.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:58 AM   #3
kat_drifting

kat_drifting is an unknown quantity at this point
All I did was explain exactly what car I had and what was coming from where and what I have... How does that not make sense. I need to know what power steering parts I can use on MY CAR which I explained thoroughly.. My car is non hicas, my engine with power steering is coming from a super hicas, I need to know if the lines with it will work with my rack in my car and the pump off my other motor which again I explained in detail. It is set up for an s14. I need ps in s13 non hicas with an engine out of a hicas. What do I need/can I use.
kat_drifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:11 AM   #4
tixunfoe

tixunfoe is an unknown quantity at this point
t is set up for an s14. I need ps in s13 non hicas with an engine out of a hicas. What do I need/can I use.
tixunfoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:08 AM   #5
CaptainVlad
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
CaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Everything will work fine. I believe the power steering pump may be different, but double check. The HICAS rack is actually quicker than the non hicas one, so you will actually have quicker steering.

My car was originally hicas, but converted into a non hicas car.
CaptainVlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #6
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Trinidrift3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
the power steering pump on the hica is different. you'll need the pump from the non hica model. also the res in the hicas car is different so either plug the extra end or use your old res.
i bought an s13 with hica over the summer. i deleted the hicas, but kept the hica front rack in. the hicas front rack has a quicker ratio than the non hicas racks, and they are switchable without modifications