Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Thumbs up new beastmode Camaro ZL1, so sick

HURR HURR MURICAN CARS HURR HURR JEREMY CLARKSON HURR HURR WUT ABOOT CORNERS HURR HURR FITMENT HURR INTERIOR QUALITY HURR DIPSHIT COMMENTS HURR.

Here are some cliff notes:
Pricing to be announced late this year
Track/development results to be released this summer
ZL1 will get a MINIMUM of 550 hp
Carbon fiber hood insert and lightweight wheels will help offset added weight of powertrain and suspension
No limit on production volume
Fully expect the competition to be in the rear view mirror
ZL1 will use next generation supercharger
Wheels: 10" wide front, 11" wide rear
Tires: 285/35R20 in the front, 305/35R20 in the rear
Suede interior is an option
MR suspension is standard - which elevates it beyond any car in the segment
Stay tuned regarding Z28!!
Normal warranty terms
1.9 liter supercharger
52/48 weight distribution

BREAKING: New Camaro is the CAMARO ZL1 - 6.2L LSA Supercharged - 6MT - 2011 Camaro ZL1 Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1 SS Forums - Camaro5.com

Quote:
2012 CAMARO ZL1
6.2L Supercharged V8 LSA
6 Speed Manual Transmission
Heavy Duty Driveline
Magnetic Ride Control
Brembo Brakes
Electric Power Steering
Track Ready Cooling Systems
Aggressive bodywork, including vented hood, Transformers 3 style bumper, special wheels
New steering wheel and interior trim with nice silver accents throughout

i want that.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
That is so bad ass. I haven't seen a price, so I will guess 49K.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:27 AM   #3
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
They should make it larger.
Looks tiny.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #4
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
We'll just have to wait for road tests to find out of it's better than the Shelby Cobra.
I liked how the Camaro looked when it fist came out, but it's not aged well imo.

Price point is going to be a big deal obviously
50k is base vette territory
49-53k is how much the shelby costs.

49k is also my guess.
would be impressed if they can release it for 45k or under.

It's nice, but most likely out of my price range.
Really tempted by the Mustang GT right now, or the tentative Boss depending again on price.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:33 AM   #5
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Do not like it at all
Old 02-11-2011, 04:11 AM   #6
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
in black... -the trunk lip
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #7
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
I saw the camaro and specs its sick!

Beastmode like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS5peqApgUA
Old 02-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #8
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It think it's cool. It's good to see GM getting back into the performance stuff after basically all of it was canceled during the bankruptcy.

I'm be more excited about a performance Cruze though.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
So where is the z28 going to fall into line now? GM again and there god damn 20 models of the same freakin car making production costs stupid high and minimizing profits thus putting them into another need a bail out situation. Why not just a Base v6, a V8 and then an SS... LOL They have like 3 trims of each engine package...

But nonetheless this will be an awesome daily driver....
Old 02-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #10
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
This is in place of the Z28. They changed the name up.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #11
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
i like the performance and the specs, i still can't get around the styling of the car.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #12
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
This is in place of the Z28. They changed the name up.
i think they're still going to have a Z28... i don't see why that other brah has a problem with multiple trims. at least when GM does it, they're all different levels of beast car. when Nissan does it, you get, oh, i don't know, Enthusiast, Touring, Track, Grand Touring.... and they all have the same engine.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #13
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
This is a different beast to Z28. THe ZL1 was a limited production model of the camaro's way back in the 60's. I think there were like 500 made? I don't remember, but ZL1 is not a new designation for the Camaro....
Old 02-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #14
hartig
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
hartig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
looks like a fucking tank
hartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #15
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
LOL "beastmode" I love beastwars

Looks about the same to me IMO, but the power it will make is just awesome.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #16
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
This is a different beast to Z28. THe ZL1 was a limited production model of the camaro's way back in the 60's. I think there were like 500 made? I don't remember, but ZL1 is not a new designation for the Camaro....
Negative Ghost Rider the ZL1 is what everyone thought was going to be the Z28.

Camaro ZL1 is the new hot model in Chicago — Autoblog
Quote:
The Chevrolet press conference isn't scheduled for another hour or so, but wandering the floor seems to have revealed that the expected hi-po pony car will eschew the Z28 designation in favor of ZL1. Either way, it'll pack a supercharged 6.2-liter V8 with a six-speed manual as part of a beefed-up driveline.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #17
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Ehh... I still don't like the new Camaros. Too chunky and weird looking, imo. Performance be damned, the Challenger and Mustang look way the fuck cooler.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #18
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Ehh... I still don't like the new Camaros. Too chunky and weird looking, imo. Performance be damned, the Challenger and Mustang look way the fuck cooler.
yeah, the camaro just looks way too huge. Especially compared to the mustang
Old 02-12-2011, 12:55 AM   #19
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisawaJason View Post
yeah, the camaro just looks way too huge. Especially compared to the mustang
they're almost exactly the same length/width. the challenger is the largest by far

....that said, this is way hotter than any new camaro.

and i mean, honestly, i'd put the Camaro in third behind the Challenger and stang. but i still think it's killer either way. nice to see the big three cranking out cool cars.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #20
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
I think the reason the Camaro looks bulkier than the others is that it's awkwardly proportioned. It looks like a charicature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
but i still think it's killer either way. nice to see the big three cranking out cool cars.
Agreed. It's nice to see the "pony car wars" back in action.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #21
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
The coming Boss 302 is the Mustang that blows away all the others.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #22
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
The coming Boss 302 is the Mustang that blows away all the others.
with 440 horsepower, i kind of doubt that. the Super Snake i posted above has 800.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #23
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
with 440 horsepower, i kind of doubt that. the Super Snake i posted above has 800.
Ya but the non engine tweaks done to the Boss go way beyond the the Super Snake.

While the Super Snake has 800hp and bodywork, the Boss has the built for racing approach like the C6 Corvette's.

You should read up on it. It's going to be sick car. Ya get the Super Snake if you want to drag race and show off on the Boulevard. Get the new Boss 302 if you are serious about driving.

What good is 800 HP if you don't have the tweaks to handle it in the corners? Not to put the Super Snake its a dope looking car but 800HP seriously. I doubt it has the suspension to handle it.

The Boss was specifically built to hold up and go beyond the track car heritage of the original. Its more of a complete package driving wise.

I will always take less HP in favor of excellent driving and handling capabilities. HP is no good if the car can't utilize it properly.

To each his own.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #24
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Ya but the non engine tweaks done to the Boss go way beyond the the Super Snake.

While the Super Snake has 800hp and bodywork, the Boss has the built for racing approach like the C6 Corvette's.

You should read up on it. It's going to be sick car. Ya get the Super Snake if you want to drag race and show off on the Boulevard. Get the new Boss 302 if you are serious about driving.

What good is 800 HP if you don't have the tweaks to handle it in the corners? Not to put the Super Snake its a dope looking car but 800HP seriously. I doubt it has the suspension to handle it.

The Boss was specifically built to hold up and go beyond the track car heritage of the original. Its more of a complete package driving wise.

I will always take less HP in favor of excellent driving and handling capabilities. HP is no good if the car can't utilize it properly.

To each his own.
i absolutely agree with you, i'd rather have a well rounded vehicle. and they make multiple levels of super snake, you could get one with around 600hp as well. but as far as "blowing away all other mustangs", the Boss won't do it

....and the GT500 is designed for more than the quarter mile anyway.

Quote:
Ford also improved upon the handling characteristics of the GT500. The overall stance of the car has been lowered by 11 millimeters in front and 8 millimeters at the rear. The car also features Ford's new Electric Power Assist Steering (EPAS) that improves torque build-up and road feel that delivers quicker and more precise steering, increased effort on the racetrack or winding roads, and reduced effort in low-speed parking maneuvers. The car also has Ford’s AdvanceTrac stability control system.
External improvements include an optional SVT Performance Package, which includes Goodyear EagleF1 SuperCar G: 2 tires, all-new lightweight 19-inch forged-aluminum wheels in the front and new 20-inch forged-aluminum wheels in the rear, 3.73 rear axle ratio, performance tuned front and rear shocks, along with stiffer springs. The package includes a unique rear spoiler Gurney Flap for improved handling, a slightly revised front and rear fascias, a new pedal box for improved clutch use, slotted brake dust shields for improved brake cooling, standard HID (high-intensity discharge) headlamps, MyKey programmable vehicle key, integrated spotter mirrors, and fold-down rear headrests. Optional is glass top roof, previously available starting in 2009 with the Mustang GT.
The improvements in handling and performance gives the 2011 Shelby GT500 a skidpad rating of 1.0G, and a Virginia International Raceway lap time of 2:58:48, making it as fast, and sometimes faster, than cars such as the M3, Audi R8 V10, Dodge Viper SRT-10 and Porsche GT3 around this racetrack [27]
Old 02-13-2011, 02:24 PM   #25
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
They should make it larger.
Looks tiny.

While they're at it they should make it uglier, I threw up in my mouth but it didn't actually come spewing out, they need to step it up.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #26
BustedS13
Post Whore!

needs curb feelers
Old 02-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #27
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
MagRide suspension is a sure sign of who this car is marketed towards. First thing I would rip out.

GT500 is a tank with that iron block. Slower than a BOSS around a track and only slightly faster then a GT. Thing just can't corner.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #28
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think the '11 model has an aluminum block, among other improvements.
handles a better than the '10.

I'm not sure if the improvements justify the $20k-ish premium over a base GT, but it's not a bad car at all.

2011 Ford Shelby GT500 finally gets aluminum engine, loses 120 pounds — Autoblog
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #29
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
i absolutely agree with you, i'd rather have a well rounded vehicle. and they make multiple levels of super snake, you could get one with around 600hp as well. but as far as "blowing away all other mustangs", the Boss won't do it

....and the GT500 is designed for more than the quarter mile anyway.
I don't know about that. I saw a special on speed a week ago about the new Boss 302 and basically Ford went off with the car. Lots of track testing at Laguna Seca, rear seat delete option. ETC... they pretty much built a track car from the ground up.

Oh and to quote motortrend its the first non SVT level Mustang to exceed 1g in lateral grip.

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 First Look and Photos - Motor Trend

Here are a few more links

2012 Mustang Boss 302 to come with special key for race calibration, free track day — Autoblog

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 | Bringing the Legend Back to the Streets | Ford.com

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #30
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Negative Ghost Rider the ZL1 is what everyone thought was going to be the Z28.

Camaro ZL1 is the new hot model in Chicago — Autoblog
Yeah but the ZL1 is not a new designation is what I am saying. The ZL1 was a factory option in 69 with all aluminum head etc etc and a 427 engine that was built specificaly for street/drag... Basically a NHRA dragster that had a factory street warranty:

RS: 37,773
SS: 33,980
Z-28: 19,014

Engines:
250 I6 155bhp @ 4200rpm, 235lb-ft @ 1600rpm.
Z28: 302 V8 290bhp @ 5800rpm, 290lb-ft @ 4200rpm.
307 V8 200bhp @ 4600rpm, 300lb-ft @ 2400rpm.
327 V8 210bhp.
327 V8 275bhp.
350 LM1 V8 255bhp.
(SS350) 350 V8 300bhp @ 4800rpm, 380lb-ft @ 3200rpm.
(SS396) 396 V8 325bhp @ 4800rpm, 410lb-ft @ 3200rpm.
(SS396) 396 V8 350bhp @ 5200rpm, 415lb-ft @ 3200rpm.
(SS396) 396 V8 375bhp @ 5600rpm, 415lb-ft @ 3600rpm.
ZL1(COPO 9561) 427 V8 425bhp @ 5600rpm, 460lb-ft @ 4000rpm.
ZL1(COPO 9560) 427 V8 430bhp @ 5200rpm, 450lb-ft @ 4400rpm.

Performance:
(Z-28) 302/290bhp: 0-60 in 7.4 sec, 1/4 mile in 15.12 sec @ 94.8mph.
(SS396) 396/375bhp: 0-60 in 6.8 sec, 1/4 mile in 14.7 sec @ 98.7mph.
ZL1(COPO 9561) 427/425bhp: 0-60 in 5.4 sec, 1/4 mile in 13.5 sec @ 102mph.
ZL1(COPO 9560) 427/430bhp: 0-60 in 5.3 sec, 1/4 mile in 13.16 sec @ 110 mph.