Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:55 PM   #1
swang
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
swang has a spectacular aura aboutswang has a spectacular aura aboutswang has a spectacular aura aboutswang has a spectacular aura aboutswang has a spectacular aura aboutswang has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
motor cycles

anyone recommend any models brands etc?
im lookin for a good price on them too.
doesnt matter if its a crotch rocket or a harley
swang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 09:24 PM   #2
CantSTOP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
CantSTOP is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Have you ridden before? if so, get a suzuki gsxr! 600 or 750. Right now their around 7-8g's for a 06/07 600 or 750 but if you never ridden before start with something small like a Kawi 250.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:23 PM   #3
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
could you be more general?

jeez.

it's like saying "what wheels should i get?" and then not even saying what kind of car you have or anything.
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #4
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
hi Androooooo~

oh yeah, Kawasaki Ex250 btw.
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:37 PM   #5
DRavenS13
Nissanaholic!

Location: Where angels (and most pizza delivery people) fear to tread.
DRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfection
I want to learn to ride a motorcycle. Anyone willing to be a patient teacher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Josh View Post
seeing old people give you the finger is like winning the lottery...you still can't believe it happened 4 weeks afterwards.
DRavenS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:55 PM   #6
CantSTOP
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRavenS13 View Post
I want to learn to ride a motorcycle. Anyone willing to be a patient teacher?
Just take the class much easier.. www.msf-usa.org and I just recited the whole raven poem in my head cuz of your location. hahaha
Old 10-12-2007, 11:03 PM   #7
DRavenS13
Nissanaholic!

Location: Where angels (and most pizza delivery people) fear to tread.
DRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfection
I didn't know there were actual classes. Thanks for that.

Also, if you know that WHOLE poem in your head, props to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Josh View Post
seeing old people give you the finger is like winning the lottery...you still can't believe it happened 4 weeks afterwards.
DRavenS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:11 PM   #8
CantSTOP
Zilvia Junkie

The class is hella cool, meet new people, learn alot about bikes and know how to be safe on the road. Also, you get insurance discount 15% and yeah I had to remember the "WHOLE" poem took me I think a few weeks.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:05 AM   #9
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Sweet. Theres a place in Walnut. Wooooot.

Only costs $235.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:10 AM   #10
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
lol how are you supposed to get to the class? unless they have bikes there u can ride lol

Im planning to get a bike....a lot of my boys started off with 600s and they ride fine even tho most ppl say start with something smaller....Im leaning towards a 600rr, I sat on my boys gsxr 600 and the tank felt a little big, 600rr's just feel more comfortable to me idk
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:24 AM   #11
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Different years are different models. My buddies have the same bike, but different years, and sit differently. Tanks are bigger, and that shit hurts the living fuck outta my legs. To me, sportbikes aren't that comfy. Yea, some will disagree, but thats just me.

I'm lookin for a Honda CB750 to ride around. Cheap, reliable, and DIY-able.

Kinda like the 240 of bikes.

Part of me wants a 250 or 400cc bike. That way, i'd be able to ride it like a hachi, on the throttle all day long.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:11 AM   #12
SHIFT_Slide
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
SHIFT_Slide is just really niceSHIFT_Slide is just really niceSHIFT_Slide is just really niceSHIFT_Slide is just really niceSHIFT_Slide is just really niceSHIFT_Slide is just really niceSHIFT_Slide is just really niceSHIFT_Slide is just really niceSHIFT_Slide is just really niceSHIFT_Slide is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SHIFT_Slide Send a message via MSN to SHIFT_Slide
Like Sochbat said, look for an older CB Honda, they're always SUPER cheap, and if you drop it you really wont care. When starting out riding, ride with someone who has been riding for a long time, watch what they do. The worst thing you can do is take your brand new sport bike out with some friends and try to keep up with them. That will only get you hurt. Go take that MSF class, even if you've been riding for years you'll still learn something. Riding isn't a joke, it's almost guaranteed you'll be cut off almost everyday that you ride.

If you MUST have a sport bike, check out some 01-06 Honda CBR F4i's. They are almost indestructible. They'll take a new rider and drops all over the place and love it. They can be found for some decent prices too, anywhere from 3 grand cash to $4,500.

The MAIN thing is just to take it slow, even if you feel comfortable after a few months of riding. Ive seen too many people go down who thought they were decent riders (only a few months of riding).
Old 10-14-2007, 10:29 AM   #13
B18C5MK1
Zilvia Addict

B18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to B18C5MK1
Quote:
Originally Posted by swang View Post
anyone recommend any models brands etc?
im lookin for a good price on them too.
doesnt matter if its a crotch rocket or a harley
how much are you looking to spend?

my dad has a 2004 Ducati Monster that he's looking to sell. I think he wants 7k obo for it. PM me for more details / pics.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:57 AM   #14
CantSTOP
Zilvia Junkie

the class do supply the bikes, you can ride a 250cc or a 500cc and here is my baby 07' gsxr 600 with my brother rsx.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:43 PM   #15
Jung918
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Jung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
One thing I want to warn you about. When someone cuts your off, make sure you don't punch their side mirror off because that would be wrong.
Jung918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #16
TipStylez
Zilvia Addict

TipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enough
riding bikes is easy, its just knowing how to control your self with that much speed. haha
TipStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:59 PM   #17
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIFT_Slide View Post
...If you MUST have a sport bike, check out some 01-06 Honda CBR F4i's. They are almost indestructible. They'll take a new rider and drops all over the place and love it. They can be found for some decent prices too, anywhere from 3 grand cash to $4,500....
I couldn't agree more. Great first sportbike, if you're an average sized dude. I'm 6'3" and have a very hard time riding most 600s.

I used to be an MSF Instructor when I was in the Navy ~ the MSF class is a must for all new riders, and everyone making the transition from dirt to street also. I used to do all the low speed stuff (the walking drills, the box, etc) on my 04 GSXR1000, to show everyone how do-able it is on their Kawi 125's/Honda 250's. Good times.

Anyhow, take the class (and get your license) first, and if you like the laid back, comfortable nature of a cruiser, get one of those. If you actually enjoy life/excitement/have testicles, get a sportbike. Try and pay cash for a used bike - don't buy something new from a stealership.

I'm always around to give lessons if anyone wants to learn to ride, just supply your own bike. I've taught more people how to ride than I care to think about lol.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:26 PM   #18
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sochbat View Post
Different years are different models. My buddies have the same bike, but different years, and sit differently. Tanks are bigger, and that shit hurts the living fuck outta my legs. To me, sportbikes aren't that comfy. Yea, some will disagree, but thats just me.

I'm lookin for a Honda CB750 to ride around. Cheap, reliable, and DIY-able.

Kinda like the 240 of bikes.

Part of me wants a 250 or 400cc bike. That way, i'd be able to ride it like a hachi, on the throttle all day long.
I just bought an '82 CB750F. The bike is huge, I should have gotten a pre 80's CB400, just so I can toss it around more. I bought it, cause I want to cafe it out... but there are more parts for the 70s model.

My main bike is a '07 600RR.
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:30 PM   #19
airsoft
Zilvia FREAK!

airsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of light
If I could do it all over.

I would have gotten a 450cc. It can do just as good or better than 600's and 1,000's in Malibu and such.

Ride safe, keep your eyes peeled, practice braking, and... wear your fucking gear.

airsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:21 AM   #20
89dc240
Zilvia Junkie

89dc240 will become famous soon enough89dc240 will become famous soon enough89dc240 will become famous soon enough89dc240 will become famous soon enough89dc240 will become famous soon enough
Definitley wear the gear. Thats the worst thing I see today. Ppl fucking wearing shorts and sandals deserve to go down because they are unprotected. No one piece of gear will save your life either, not even a helmet. Wear it all.

The classes, they are good, but the MSF ones are sometimes a dude looking for a paycheck, who's not patient enough to feed his own baby, let alone teach some one how to ride. Some Harley Dealerships offer the course like mine. They teach it on a 500cc Buell Blast that is so hard to ride(for a new person) that you can likely ride anything after you're done. It's a little more expensive($400 for our course, $250 for MSF in NJ) but it is worth the extra dough. They will try to "introduce" you to Harley Davidson though, so bear with it, they understand new riders shouldn't start out on a $10k bike.

Also, YOU WILL CRASH.

Not if,,, WHEN. SO wear your gear. And bang out on your first, cheap bike. Not your brand new Hayabusa with 57 miles on it. I've seen worse by the way.
89dc240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #21
pbcstylez
Nissanaholic!

pbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to pbcstylez
always dress for a crash i believe is what MSF will teach you. 90% of the time its not you, its everybody else around you.

Like everybody else has said a F4i will more then suffice your thrist for atleast a year or two. Learn to ride it well, every other bike will be cake.

parking lot pimpin...

Seller Feedback here:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ight=pbcstylez
pbcstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #22
sleepy_s13
Zilvia Junkie

sleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to behold
I like this one
Old 10-16-2007, 01:32 AM   #23
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Dodge Tomahawk.

or a Killacycle.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:55 AM   #24
breakindrifts
Zilvia FREAK!

breakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nice
I just bought an 07 YZF-R6.
First bike, like it so far.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:25 AM   #25
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
buy my F4i so i can buy a NC29 or NC30!!!

F4is are great beginner/keeper bikes...theyre so forgivable and when you "out ride" them, you can always get little goodies to make it more aggressive...get rearsets or rearset riser plates, .90 springs, dial in more aggressive suspension specs, 15/48 sprockets, blah, blah, blah...and the good thing is if you want another bike, F4is retain their value more than any bike on the market...im deciding to keep mine until next season hits or at least two track days; which ever comes first...
Old 10-16-2007, 04:12 PM   #26
rainier
Nissanaholic!

rainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to rainier
Get the new Ninja 250R.

looks badass for a 250.

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/det...content=photos

rainier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #27
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^^ agree - it only 250cc, plus it is new, plus it is cheap, plus you have factory warrenty. Cant beat that for a starter bike.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:28 AM   #28
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
sorry to thread jack but out of curiousity how many of you that ride have dropped your bike and what were the circumstances that you dropped it??....AKA what were u doing that made u fuck ur shit up lol
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:23 AM   #29
SochBAT
Post Whore!

I was riding the Buell we've got, and i'm still learning to get used to leaning and all. I'm rollin thru a right turn, with a sick blindspot, a huge bush. I rode yesterday, thinking it'll be the same conditions.

Wrong.

There was a sand trail that formed from water rolling down, and it was pretty heavy. Tried to decel, but couldn't slow down in time.

Choked , and didn't straighten out, the rear slipped, and i slid. Wasn't too bad, but now i have a cute wound on my arm.

Chicks digg it.

But i'm not gettin action. So that may not be true.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:02 AM   #30
89dc240
Zilvia Junkie

89dc240 will become famous soon enough89dc240 will become famous soon enough89dc240 will become famous soon enough89dc240 will become famous soon enough89dc240 will become famous soon enough
Ah haha hahahaha. I love to think about it. Cold tire on a VRSCD Night Rod. Comin out of a sharp right turn at 35mph, like 3200 rpm's, whacked the throttle. On the vrod's the power comes in hard at like 3500rpm, so... the tire just started smokin and I wasn't quite upright. Bunch of clockwise rotations on the exhaust side for the bike. Me, I went in the same direction as the bike, bounced on my ass 3 times spinning between each bounce.

Boils down to carelesness. And being a dumbass, lol. Only a few people to witness it too. Mad respect for vrods now. And a little more careful when i'm on litre-bikes now too.
89dc240 is offline   Reply With Quote