Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-27-2023, 01:05 PM   #31
bjreynolds202

Trader Rating: (0)
bjreynolds202 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cleaned MAF Sensor and Replaced Air Filter

Like I said previously the car was throwing a code, po100, so I got some MAF cleaner and ordered a new filter. Super easy process. Remove hose clamp to the filter and remove filter. Unclip MAF plugs, carefully remove avoiding touching the hot wire. Spray the MAF cleaner all over it and wait 15 minutes for it to dry out. Put the MAF Sensor back in, install new filter.

Considering the car already had the cold air intake beforehand, there was still a noticeable difference driving around. The car lived on a gravel road for many years, and revisited the same for years after so the filter and MAF were just caked in dirt, no wonder it threw the code. Throttle response is snappier, engine sounds like it's breathing better, hopefully the mpg will improve a bit too. Pretty happy with it overall despite this being maintenance oriented as opposed to an upgrade.

Before:

During:

After:
Old 07-28-2023, 10:18 AM   #32
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
6 Years later and OP acting like aint shit changed except a MAF cleaning and new air filter.

This is so sick.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 02:37 PM   #33
bjreynolds202

Trader Rating: (0)
bjreynolds202 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just posted the 300zx brake upgrade last week! But yeah between the BRZ and the Model 3 Performance, the 240 has been driveway candy for a while. Getting back into now and trying to get some of the things that keep me from driving it more fixed so I can enjoy it on the weekends now that the BRZ is gone. Power windows were a big preventative so that was fixed recently too.

Ball joints all around are next judging by the look of them when the brakes were done.