Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:22 PM   #1
brian.

Trader Rating: (0)
brian. has made poor choicesbrian. has made poor choicesbrian. has made poor choicesbrian. has made poor choicesbrian. has made poor choicesbrian. has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 intercooler setup

I am having a hard time finding a decent front mount intercooler (kit) for my car/engine.

my setup is (will be) a basic ka-t (t25, 370's) looking to go with a front mount configuration, but am finding mostly all sr20 setups. i want to go with a fmic just incase i decide to go a bigger than the current setup.

will a kit designed for an sr20 work with my car, given that the kit is for a s14?

i found a greddy kit for around 450 shipped, however a core that is 24x12x4 is a little overkill for what i plan to do.

what brands, sizes, etc. do you recommend for me? (not the sidemount)
please post any links that would help me aswell.

Thanks.
Brian.
brian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2008, 09:53 PM   #2
Blown240sx
Leaky Injector

Blown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymoreBlown240sx is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian. View Post
I am having a hard time finding a decent front mount intercooler (kit) for my car/engine.

my setup is (will be) a basic ka-t (t25, 370's) looking to go with a front mount configuration, but am finding mostly all sr20 setups. i want to go with a fmic just incase i decide to go a bigger than the current setup.

will a kit designed for an sr20 work with my car, given that the kit is for a s14?

i found a greddy kit for around 450 shipped, however a core that is 24x12x4 is a little overkill for what i plan to do.

what brands, sizes, etc. do you recommend for me? (not the sidemount)
please post any links that would help me aswell.

Thanks.
Brian.

The S14 SR kits should be damn close. It what we have always used.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:35 PM   #3
brian.

brian. has made poor choicesbrian. has made poor choicesbrian. has made poor choicesbrian. has made poor choicesbrian. has made poor choicesbrian. has made poor choices
Thanks for the heads up. i may just pick one up.

anyone else?
brian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #4
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown240sx View Post
The S14 SR kits should be damn close. It what we have always used.
Uhmmm no. The S13 SR is pretty damn close.

The S14 SR throttle body is in a higher position while the S13 SR is in almost the same position as the KA. For the hotpipe you'll have to fab it up yourself.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #5
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlervibes View Post
Uhmmm no. The S13 SR is pretty damn close.

The S14 SR throttle body is in a higher position while the S13 SR is in almost the same position as the KA. For the hotpipe you'll have to fab it up yourself.
yeah, i second that. get a s13 kit. look at s14 sr then s14 sr and then compare to your ka (regardless of your chassis). ebay kits have been used frequently and with good results. the best one i have seen is from cxracing or something like that on ebay. just search "s13 intercooler kit" on ebay. you can look through the different styles and theirs lays out the best. if you are a member on ka-t, i know there was a pretty thorough thread about different ebay intercooler setups.

there are also a few vendors on here who have kits for sale and would probably be pretty helpful in setting you up.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #6
louisdaboois
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
louisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
honestly, i had horrible luck with sr piping for my kat. i just ended up making my own which was alot cheaper in the long run anyway.
louisdaboois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
NI_YON_Zenki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
NI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
why not go reference KA-T.org? huummm?