Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:32 AM   #1
wacerx

Trader Rating: (0)
wacerx is making his/her stupidity well-knownwacerx is making his/her stupidity well-knownwacerx is making his/her stupidity well-knownwacerx is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB stock xmember or r33 xmember

decided to do a rb25det swap. im trying to find a kit that has mounts for the stock crossmember. i know that most require the R33 crossmember but i dont want to buy a entire front clip. if using the stock x-member is not encouraged does anyone know where i can get just the r33 xmember?
wacerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2008, 09:58 AM   #2
posdrift240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
posdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Save yourself some trouble and just buy the R33 crossmember. Engine fitment is easy after this. Well worth the money IMO.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:13 AM   #3
Jsal32
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would say hit up one of the importers for a X-member like G-Dimension. You can also try some members that seem to have RB parts like driftfreaq or that guy from rb-performance, Otis, I think.

OR

I have a set of Ruckus RB mounts for sale if you interested. here's a link to them:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=191262

Good luck either way.

-Jose
Jsal32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:10 AM   #4
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i thought only the syko kit requires the stock rb25 cross member.

full-race makes an rb mount kit. it looks pretty clean as it seems like they are just custom engine brackets and tranny crossmember. You can utilize sr mounts so you can get any out there from a wide variety of manufactuers like nismo or kazama. you should contact to see if you can use sr/ka tranny mounts as well.

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...f04e4bace3ca6a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #5
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
In the RB sticky it says you can use the automatic cross member if you can't find the r33 one
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
In the RB sticky it says you can use the automatic cross member if you can't find the r33 one
that;s the transmission cross member, im sure he's talking about the Engine cross member.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:02 AM   #7
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
s13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Do yourself a favor and buy the r33 Xmember with the Syko kit. I have first hand experience with both style kits and I'm here to say the adaptor bracket/usdm Xmember combo kits are trash and are a pain in the ass to work with.

See for yourself: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=155782

Last edited by s13coupedrfter; 05-17-2008 at 02:31 PM..
s13coupedrfter is offline   Reply With Quote