Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
Sloob

Trader Rating: (0)
Sloob is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy SR20DET Catch can install

First of all I would like to apologize for this post. I know this subject have been answered several times and there is already enough topic about this
and I'm willing to delete this as soon as I have my answer. I'm not being a lazy asshole I have searched for several hours and yet failed to yield the critical information.

I will put this simple. I have included a picture with numbers, simply associate numbers with one and another.

If the catch can require more inlet/outlet simply take the next number.

Please explain this to me like I'm a 6 year old.

Thank you for your patience

*EDIT* Just to be clear i want to also remove the stock air/oil separator

Sloob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
First of all, welcome to Zilvia- you probably should have posted an intro in the newbie section. Be that as it may, I will do my best to help you.

There are several different ways to run catch cans. If deleting the OEM oil separator, then you have several options depending on time & budget.

Read this thread: http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/235851...can-setup.html

Pretty much everything you need to know about this subject.

Going back to your opening statement- I will talk to you exactly how I would talk to my 20yr old son in this case: You clearly spent more time putting numbers & text boxes on your pic than doing research. You were lazy. If you don't care to be honest with us... no worries. But at least be honest with yourself.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
Sloob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
First of all, welcome to Zilvia- you probably should have posted an intro in the newbie section. Be that as it may, I will do my best to help you.

There are several different ways to run catch cans. If deleting the OEM oil separator, then you have several options depending on time & budget.

Read this thread: http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/235851...can-setup.html

Pretty much everything you need to know about this subject.

Going back to your opening statement- I will talk to you exactly how I would talk to my 20yr old son in this case: You clearly spent more time putting numbers & text boxes on your pic than doing research. You were lazy. If you don't care to be honest with us... no worries. But at least be honest with yourself.
Thanks for being a lazy asshole yourself and not explaining it to me,

I spent at least an hour and a half searching the interweb and yet I did not find anything clear so I'm being honest.

oh and I've read the link you sent me and I'm even more confused

-Does the crank case has to be under pressure when boosting?

-If so can my catch can with a breather still be used?

-What goes to the hard-line #3? Can you block it since it's a non self draining catch can?

-Can you or can you not put a breather on line 1?

all those questions that you probably know, but refuse to share the information with me.

I'm a visual guy... I don't ask for mutch.. just a series of numbers so I can have a clear idea
Old 09-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
First of all, your original post doesn't have any question posted in it. It's a bunch of random babble. Second, Mike kindly took the time to direct you in some way, so don't be a prick.

If you had read anything in the link, then you would have your answer. However, since you want pretty pictures to go off of instead of educating yourself, you chose the lazy way and posted nonsense.

With all that shit out of the way, you never want your turbo to pressurize the crank case. There is a reason the PCV is a one way check valve and nothing on the pressurized side of the turbo is hooked to your valve cover. Typically you want zero pressure and favorably you want vacuum in the crank case. This helps the rings seal and ultimately your engine to run better.

Next time spend more than the half ass attempt you previously did finding information.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
Sloob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
First of all, your original post doesn't have any question posted in it. It's a bunch of random babble. Second, Mike kindly took the time to direct you in some way, so don't be a prick.

If you had read anything in the link, then you would have your answer. However, since you want pretty pictures to go off of instead of educating yourself, you chose the lazy way and posted nonsense.

With all that shit out of the way, you never want your turbo to pressurize the crank case. There is a reason the PCV is a one way check valve and nothing on the pressurized side of the turbo is hooked to your valve cover. Typically you want zero pressure and favorably you want vacuum in the crank case. This helps the rings seal and ultimately your engine to run better.

Next time spend more than the half ass attempt you previously did finding information.
Jesus fucking christ i'm just asking a question!

would it hurt you that much to just answer my question?

EVERY OTHER SETUP HAVE A 2 PORT CATCH CAN AND DOSENT EXPLAIN HOW TO DO IT WITH A NON SELF DRAINING CATCH CAN

People are so focused on how to deal with the Tee on the cover, but no one worries about the hardline that goes back to the block.

So never mind the whole thing I'm just asking for one question then I'll be gone and you can join back the zilvia circlejerk

Are you ready? Here is the question:

------------------------ What do I do with the pipe that goes back to the block (#3 in the picture)---------------

BTW: I'll shut up and delete this post immediately if you can find a CLEAR answer that have been already posted, and I'm not talking about a 10 pages long thread where you have to find bits and pieces of advices everywhere and you assemble the whole thing in your head I'm talking about a proper explanation with real terms and images. Because you all think there is plenty of thread with clear instruction and tutorials but the truth is I havent found any.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Just one? I saw four in the second post...

You can do whatever you feel like doing with the hardline.

Block it off or leave it connected to the tee, but I guess the pictures with it connected to the tee wasn't clear enough for you, was it simpleton?
Old 09-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
For someone needing help, you're doing a good job being a fucking douche. I could link you to catch can 101 link, with all the purdy idiot proof picutres you need. but seeing how much of a bitch you're acting, figure it out on your own.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #8
Sloob

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyS15 View Post
For someone needing help, you're doing a good job being a fucking douche. I could link you to catch can 101 link, with all the purdy idiot proof picutres you need. but seeing how much of a bitch you're acting, figure it out on your own.
Got my answer on reddit.
God bless you all motherfuckers, you were of no help <3
Old 09-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Oh, look what a little bit of research does. Fucking idiot...
Old 09-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyS15 View Post
He's canadian. Just like justin beiber. It's genetic.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #11
Sloob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Oh, look what a little bit of research does. Fucking idiot...
I posted the question there... They helped me... How dare they just help someone like that? Giving the answer right away even if it's been already posted before in a long time lost thread.

That's not how you help someone! You have to send a link with the answer buried in 13 pages of text or tell them to search more!

And you wonder why this forum is dying? fucking zilvia circlejerk ban my account for what I care
Old 09-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #12
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloob View Post
I posted the question there... They helped me... How dare they just help someone like that? Giving the answer right away even if it's been already posted before in a long time lost thread.

That's not how you help someone! You have to send a link with the answer buried in 13 pages of text or tell them to search more!

And you wonder why this forum is dying? fucking zilvia circlejerk ban my account for what I care
Sounds like troll account.

If you know so much about us then why did you bother coming out swinging with your "asshole" remark. You wanted a fight you got it. You lost and now your butt hurt.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #13
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
oh no the bad people on the internet are making fun of me

Dear Thread creator: You probably got bad information. I am saying that because, very rarely does anybody actually know anything about PCV. So you "got your answer" but its probably wrong.

So Ill try to help. I dont mind trying. ok?

First thing is, in your picture, #3 goes to a coolant line. If I can see clearly.
That line in front of #3 (to the left of) Is actually the oil return for the oil pan. Thats where #2 goes. And the MAJOR MEGA SUPER SECRET TRICK for getting it right is to realize... oil could not flow UP a line from #2, so the route from #2 back to the Oil pan needs to be from HIGHEST to LOWEST point. No bends upwards ok? Thats the major thing.

Next. #1. This goes to your turbocharger inlet. If you want to add excess length to it, and plumb a catch can onto it, thats fine too. But it wont really matter unless your piston rings are bad, and adding any length or catch can to it will increase the volume of air and reduce the effectiveness of any pressure drop at the inlet pipe. It just needs (NEEDS) to get connected to the turbocharger INLET. The piece of pipe (Or rubber) behind the air filter before the turbo.

Thats the basics of it. Just make sure your PCV valve on the other side of the valve cover is attached to a heavy duty vacuum line directly to the intake manifold as close to the intake valves as possible.