Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-10-2016, 09:00 PM   #1
bluz370
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
bluz370 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB25 Kouki "Just For Fun" Build

Whats up guys... My name is Corbin and I have always loved cars. I think at this point in my life I have had about 30; from Japanese, German, American pretty much everything.

My current daily driver is a CTS-V coupe, its just your basic full bolt on, 15psi of boost, and a little spray.

One day my buddy Calvin messaged me on Facebook and literally begged me to buy him out of his project.

It was a 95 with a kouki front, some coils, a cage (we will get to that later), suspension arms, and some overs.

All in all it was actually in good shape and wasn't your typical wrecked 240, but it was completely bare.

This was the picture he sent me.

I honestly argued with him for about 2 hours about how I didn't need it, my woman would kill me, and it was a terrible idea.

The next weekend I picked it up with my buddy Jake. Thanks for letting me borrow your truck!

I had no clue WTF I was doing with the car, so we pushed it up my buddy Jakes driveway, where I kept it for about 2 weeks. Thanks again Jake haha.

The car was a complete cluster when I got it, so I really just spent a little time cleaning it out, and getting the windows in it. Before you bitch about putting windows in a prepped car, this build is just quick and for fun, so I am not painting it. Whatever.

Figured this out in short order...

Then I really just let the car sit for a week or so.. planning on what to do and searching for a deal on the motor. I told myself I wasn't going to go out and spend a lot of money on anything in particular and would deal hunt.

DEAL #1 - RB25 Trans, Harness, Mounts, missing a few things.. I got this for 1400, compression tested 165 across the board, done.

Now the project was really a car. I had a shell, a motor, and the car was at my buddies. I made the decision with a few other friends to just go ahead and get some space since we all had projects.

Drumroll....

Okay, so now that I had some space, I naturally had to start painting things...

We installed all new gaskets except for HG, a new clutch, new timing kit, pretty much all of the basics. Resealed the oil pan ect.

Then we dropped it in. It was actually pretty straightforward. It took some clearancing of the trans tunnel because I have no clue what mounts were used, but it fit.

This is where I am stopping tonight.
bluz370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2016, 09:27 PM   #2
guabaman2030

Trader Rating: (0)
guabaman2030 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
guabaman2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:21 AM   #3
CompleteXen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
CompleteXen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Awesome car, fits in with the Drifwips garage well. Hopefully its out at Mineral Well soon. I need to advice you real quick man, I was with the original owner of the motor when imported, saw the engine sitting on an engine lift, and also saw it as it dropped 5-6 feet to the ground.

From the compression test is looks great, it dropped and dented/scratched the oil pan a bit and also broke either something on the alternator or powersteering bracket. Can't remember exactly.

Goodluck on the build, compression looks good and that S14 looks badass.
CompleteXen is offline   Reply With Quote