Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
gijoe69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
gijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gijoe69
s14 S14 Need help with wheel fitment/spacer

Hello all I search and couldn't find any info about wheel spacers but anyways...

I have a S14 and I want to run:
Front- 18x8.5 +40 with 225/40R18
Rear- 18x9.5 +38 with 245/40R18

will these rim size & tire fit and how many mm spacer should I get for the front & rear thanks!
gijoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Ack. Sell them, please. Or sell the car and buy something they'll fit on, like an Acura TL.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
gijoe69
Zilvia Junkie

gijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant future
why sell them? I see S14's running with Sportmax 962's 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 with about the same offset
Old 03-17-2009, 11:27 PM   #4
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sportmax wheels are not cool, after you've been in the scene for a while you'll realize this fast. So far every person in VA i've seen with sportmax's were cheap/ricey kids... I'd run stock over sportmax any day
Old 03-18-2009, 12:04 AM   #5
don_bagz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
don_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by opponheimer View Post
Sportmax wheels are not cool, after you've been in the scene for a while you'll realize this fast. So far every person in VA i've seen with sportmax's were cheap/ricey kids... I'd run stock over sportmax any day
there will always bee haters and lovers of sportmax.. in the end, not everyone is previledged.. maybe thats all they can afford as far as wheels? seriously, just because everyone doesnt have the same taste in things, doesnt mean they are wrong!

thats just me tho, i just hate that fact that im always hearing about people bitching about a brand. if you dont like it, dont run it. And no i dont have sportmax, i have works. but, i dont have a problem with people running sportmax

to OP, might need spacers in front.. rear should work wit out em.
don_bagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #6
5t341tH
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5t341tH
those offset will most likely hit the front strut/coilover

lexus baby
5t341tH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:55 AM   #7
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe69 View Post
Hello all I search and couldn't find any info about wheel spacers but anyways...

I have a S14 and I want to run:
Front- 18x8.5 +40 with 225/40R18
Rear- 18x9.5 +38 with 245/40R18

will these rim size & tire fit and how many mm spacer should I get for the front & rear thanks!
I'm bored, so I'll humor you...
18x8.5 +40 - run at least a 40mm (dangerous) effective 8.5 +0 - fits like a 9+6
18X9.5 +38 - run at least a 35mm (also not recommended, but some people do it) effective 9.5+3 - fits like a 10 +9...

the amount of money you'd spend on rising those battle ships from the depths of your wheel wells you could just sell them and find something that will have much better fitment.

educate yourself http://zilvia.net/f/chat/129865-whee...tch-flush.html
Old 03-18-2009, 01:59 AM   #8
gijoe69
Zilvia Junkie

well if anyone wants to buy Gram Lights 57S Gum Metal Front 18x8.5 +40 & 18x9.5 +38
Old 03-18-2009, 06:19 AM   #9
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Its not the rim that everybody's hating on, its the fucking sizing. If you really wanna rock Sportmaxx, atleast run better sizing where you wont have to spend on spacers, almost the same amount it costed you to get the damn rims. $500 rims, $300 on spacers fail..

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:50 AM   #10
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
get yourself some 2 inch spacers. and the longest wheel studs you can find.
clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:14 AM   #11
don_bagz
Zilvia FREAK!

don_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to behold
yep... its not the wheels... its the offset. as stated alot in the forum, an offset can make, or brake the look of the car..
Old 03-18-2009, 09:21 AM   #12
gijoe69
Zilvia Junkie

its not sportmax homie lol Gram Lights 57S
Old 03-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #13
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
You should get better wheels, or just get bolt on spacers, if you keep them torqued they are just as safe.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:55 AM   #14
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
sell them to a Honda boi. The offsets don't do those wheels justice any how.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #15
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Project Kics 30mm spacers all around with hubcentric rings could be a good start....but it will also run you around 300-350 bucks for those spacers.

You'd be better off selling them and picking up a set of rotas or other sport max wheels with lower offsets.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #16
gijoe69
Zilvia Junkie

actually guys the offset isn't bad with 25mm spacers ...test fitted it and its fine just need to maybe find Widebody 30mm Front Fender's without the gay aero hole..... and also they are not Sportmax 962's, they are Gram Lights 57S GM also whats so different S14 16" Stock Rim is +40 offset
Old 03-23-2009, 12:57 AM   #17
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
you mother fucking idiot

no one gives a shit if they are sport max or not

+35 offset is whack

why the FUCK are you even talking about wide fenders?

learn about wheel sizing before spending any more damn money

What's so different about stock wheels being +40? THEY ARE STOCK. THEY CAME ON THE CAR. That's quite different from wheels you're going out and buying.

Do you understand the stupidity of what you're doing?

Your wheel sizes suck on stock body.
Spacers would mean spending more money to get them to look even halfway decent.
Then you want to put wide fenders on, creating even more of a gap.

Seriously man

Seriously?

thats a cycle of stupidity right there

listen kid

sell those wheels

do some research

education your damn self

spend money on proper fitting wheels
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:07 AM   #18
gijoe69
Zilvia Junkie

sheesh man chill i already sold them haha shyt what would be a ideal offset for 18's?
Old 03-23-2009, 01:24 AM   #19
drifter_for_life06
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
drifter_for_life06 is making a name for him/her selfdrifter_for_life06 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drifter_for_life06 Send a message via Yahoo to drifter_for_life06
read the thread that was linked...or search for the "maximum tread" thread...plenty of good info for wheel sizing
Old 03-23-2009, 01:29 AM   #20
ellisonrox
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
ellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
sheesh man chill i already sold them haha shyt what would be a ideal offset for 18's?
width is also (the main one, actually) a factor when considering ideal offset.

that said, go check out the wheel fitment whore thread

PLEASE
ellisonrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:46 AM   #21
don_bagz
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
you mother fucking idiot

+35 offset is whack

What's so different about stock wheels being +40? THEY ARE STOCK. THEY CAME ON THE CAR. That's quite different from wheels you're going out and buying.

Seriously man

Seriously?

listen kid

sell those wheels

do some research

education your damn self

there yah go.. +1 on what this guy said.. its about time someone lashed out.. haha.. but yeah, go to wheel fitment thread.. get an idea there on what you want
Old 03-23-2009, 01:52 AM   #22
Jdm.I.Am
Zilvia Junkie

Jdm.I.Am is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Jdm.I.Am
forget all the haters,

buy what you can afford, do events, have fun, save up and buy baller wheels if you want.. with that said, here is some helpfull info for you..

s14 fitment with stock body/ small roll and pull...
Front- 18x8.5 +40 with 225/40R18 run A 30mm bolt on spacer, should fit "OK"
Rear- 18x9.5 +38 with 245/40R18 run A 25mm bolt on spacer will also fit "OK"

Poweredbymax.net <- they sell bolt on spacers from size 15-30mm for cheap.

Jdm.I.Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:20 AM   #23
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Staggered wheels = shit.
Big ass spacers = shit.

Why suggest making the car unsafer? Big spacers, even quality ones, are a weaker link than direct to the hub mounting. There's also five extra studs that can break, sheer off, or crossthread. Stupid to use unless you're forced to do so.
Staggering wheels on an Schassis looks like ass unless you have huge wide rear fenders, and the handling suffers. The car is a very neutral chassis with proper sized wheels, you don't need more grip in the back unless you're drag racing.

18x9, +20 is the minimum you want, period. Anything above that is a waste of time.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:46 AM   #24
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
Maiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
you mother fucking idiot

+35 offset is whack

Seriously man

Seriously?

listen kid

sell those wheels

do some research

education your damn self

Couldn't have said it any better!! Noob...SERIOUSLY do some research!
Maiku240sxS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:15 AM   #25
Zeller

Trader Rating: (0)
Zeller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am not saying that this kid has a clue what he is talking about! But everyone here seems to think that he needs to go to the "stretched wheel thread" and I am sorry but not everyone likes that look! For one depending on what kind of driving he is wanting to do he might want a more useable size and offset than some stretched/camber out look that really is only good for drifting. These cars are very capible in other forms of racing that would require a better fitting wheel! But dude do some more researching, unfortunately there is not a lot of info on setting your car up the "other" way. But it is out there!! I am actually in the same debate of what fitment to go with because I lend more towards the roadracing events and style and am looking for a new wheel!
Zeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #26
JoHn E
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
JoHn E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

if u wanna be cool get the widest wheels u can with the lowest offset you can

for example, if you look at this size chart

for 18s, the widest would be 9.5 (the other choices for width are 7.5 and 8.5 which are not as wide)

the lowest offset of the 18x9.5 would be +12
(+38 +30 +20 are higher offsets)

http://workwheelsusa.com/media/wheel...Kai%20Spec.pdf

these are the same wheels im saving up for right now
Old 03-23-2009, 10:41 AM   #27
OutToWinPAHC
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
OutToWinPAHC is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OutToWinPAHC
9.5 inch wide, pshh put a 285 on that. The front offset is too high, but +38 for the rear isn't bad if you want to run a wide tire on that wheel. Its a matter of what you like, and how you use it.

17x9+35 is perfect fitment for a 275-40-17 on a S13 IMO
OutToWinPAHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:34 PM   #28
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutToWinPAHC View Post
9.5 inch wide, pshh put a 285 on that. The front offset is too high, but +38 for the rear isn't bad if you want to run a wide tire on that wheel. Its a matter of what you like, and how you use it.

17x9+35 is perfect fitment for a 275-40-17 on a S13 IMO
No it's not.

It won't clear coilovers.

All that tire is pretty useless when you're 4x4 status with a crappy spring shock setup.

I don't even think the custom Koni/GC combos permit that much clearance.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:20 AM   #29
NiSilS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
NiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
9.5 wide +10 all around, just do it.
NiSilS14 is offline   Reply With Quote