Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-10-2008, 04:06 AM   #1
bananatree

Trader Rating: (0)
bananatree will become famous soon enoughbananatree will become famous soon enoughbananatree will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to bananatree
TSX projector retrofit

Finally start working on retrofit yesterday, and found out something.....didnt know its new or not, so just wanna share it
time: around 3 hours

ps: not the best write up(english limited)

throw in the oven(250F 10-15 min) for faster disassemble, heat gun took
forever.

cut down the stock silvia projector

trim it till you can slip through the front of the tsx projector, by this way, so you dont have to fabricate any branket hold the tsx pro into the right place.
you didnt even have cut the rear, the d2s bulb plugs right in the center.

alittle grinding on top of the tsx pro

drop in just like the orginal

back together, can adjust angle

alittle angle adjust on the light cutting line, wala
bananatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2008, 07:40 AM   #2
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
very nice write up
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:11 AM   #3
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
subscribed!

+1 for you
markyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:23 AM   #4
los_inc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
los_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to los_inc
awesome write up! i was wondering if you post pictures of the projector in the housing.
thanks again
-los
+1 for you sir
Old 03-10-2008, 11:09 AM   #5
hayai_240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
hayai_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hayai_240
It would also be really helpful if you could describe the wiring needed to properly set this up. Thanks
hayai_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:11 AM   #6
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
yeah make a list of the parts that came with the tsx projectors

otherwise nice job
bigOdom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
bananatree

bananatree will become famous soon enoughbananatree will become famous soon enoughbananatree will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayai_240 View Post
It would also be really helpful if you could describe the wiring needed to properly set this up. Thanks
any D2S hid kit will work, plug and play to H1 connector(harness recommanded), no wiring needed
Old 03-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #8
bananatree

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigOdom1 View Post
yeah make a list of the parts that came with the tsx projectors

otherwise nice job
all you need:
triple or double silvia s13 projector headlight
TSX projector
D2S HID kit
some screws(25mm), must long enough to go through silvia hosing and TSX pro

tools:
drill
anything can cut and trim down metel, I use a dremel rotary tool
philip screw driver
8mm socket
Old 03-11-2008, 12:18 AM   #9
Ghostdrifter
Zilvia Member

Ghostdrifter is making a name for him/her selfGhostdrifter is making a name for him/her self
Can you tell me the diameter
Old 03-11-2008, 01:44 AM   #10
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
hell yea a reason to save up for my next mod. +1 for you sir
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:19 AM   #11
fueled by hate
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
fueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
take some output shots where there's some distance between your car and the wall.
fueled by hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:11 AM   #12
[w]hite[r]abbit[x]
Zilvia Junkie

[w]hite[r]abbit[x] will become famous soon enough[w]hite[r]abbit[x] will become famous soon enough[w]hite[r]abbit[x] will become famous soon enough[w]hite[r]abbit[x] will become famous soon enough
I'd like to see front end shots of the car with those projectors. I kinda want to do something like this to my S14 kouki headlights.
[w]hite[r]abbit[x] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:43 AM   #13
Anto
Zilvia Addict

Anto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdrifter View Post
Can you tell me the diameter

TSX lens diameter is 2.5", so figure a few tenths of an inch more for the full bezel thickness.
Anto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #14
pbcstylez
Nissanaholic!

pbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to pbcstylez

heres some pics from my tsx retro on s14 kouki

jsut thought id share

parking lot pimpin...

Seller Feedback here:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ight=pbcstylez
pbcstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:20 AM   #15
Anto
Zilvia Addict

Anto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbcstylez View Post

heres some pics from my tsx retro on s14 kouki

jsut thought id share
Hole-e-shit

Not trying to rag on you, but was the front glass pitted to hell? that cutoff looks horrible.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #16
pbcstylez
Nissanaholic!

pbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anto View Post
Hole-e-shit

Not trying to rag on you, but was the front glass pitted to hell? that cutoff looks horrible.
YES lol it needs a good cleaning on the inside, plus i dropped my projector a few times during the install lol

i need to get new lenses

parking lot pimpin...

Seller Feedback here:
Old 03-12-2008, 03:34 PM   #17
Anto
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbcstylez View Post
YES lol it needs a good cleaning on the inside, plus i dropped my projector a few times during the install lol

i need to get new lenses
OUCH

but yeah, nice work. greenkouki on hidplanet did hybrid rx330 AFS into his housing, and it's niiice and sharp.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:39 PM   #18
pbcstylez
Nissanaholic!

yah im on hidplanet as well, i gottta figure out whats causing my distortion tho

parking lot pimpin...

Seller Feedback here:
Old 03-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #19
Tops*
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Tops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Here's my TSX retro from ~50'. They were a little low when I took the pic. I bought $20 Philips 85122+ bulbs on eBay too.

Anto taught me a lot.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:54 PM   #20
krazydriver
Leaky Injector

krazydriver is making a name for him/her selfkrazydriver is making a name for him/her self
Thanks for the info!

Tops... that cutoff is awesome!
krazydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:04 AM   #21
vutony
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (145)
vutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 145 reviews
the retro-fit is pointless if the cutoff is not something similar to these

Old 03-13-2008, 04:21 AM   #22
bsilvias13

bsilvias13 has made poor choicesbsilvias13 has made poor choicesbsilvias13 has made poor choicesbsilvias13 has made poor choicesbsilvias13 has made poor choicesbsilvias13 has made poor choices
wow that looks very good. great job!
Old 03-13-2008, 04:33 AM   #23
Anto
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vutony View Post

Not completely true, it's better than a kit.
BUT you are right about the cutoff. Distorted cutoff = light being diffused = less output = not as bright.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:34 AM   #24
Anto
Zilvia Addict

YOU MAKE ME SO PROUD
*sniff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tops* View Post
Here's my TSX retro from ~50'. They were a little low when I took the pic. I bought $20 Philips 85122+ bulbs on eBay too.

Anto taught me a lot.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:34 AM   #25
Tops*
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Tops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Is that your retro, vutony? How is the cutoff vutony posted so much sharper than mine? What projectors are they? I took my pics from ~50', but my cutoff still isn't as sharp as vutony's from 25'. Do the glass headlights have any negative effect?

I NEED ANSWERS!!! I WANT ULTRA SHARP CUTOFF!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #26
bloodangels13
Zilvia Junkie

bloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to bloodangels13
my cutoff sucks like no other... i need to source me some tsx projectors.. i got everything else... I assume it wouldnt make much diff on install in two projector J's model headlights right?

If ANYONE has some tsx projectors for sale or can get me some pm me the price shipped to 22043-1408 and ill paypal you the money to send them to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
This post was brought to you by the number: Rum
And by the letter: Go Fuck Yourself
And also by viewers like you.
bloodangels13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:43 AM   #27
Aoshi112
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Aoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aoshi112
join HIDplanet and look in the for sale section. Some as low as 120+ shipping
Aoshi112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:42 AM   #28
bananatree

Quote:
Originally Posted by vutony View Post

what car was that? sharpest even seen!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:22 AM   #29
jdFKNmVRT
Zilvia Member

jdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to jdFKNmVRT
you got pics from the front with the lights on, well not actually on but like just on the car...
Old 02-25-2015, 07:59 PM   #30
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
sweet, bumping this because I need to do this
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote