Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-06-2007, 12:06 AM   #1
TheJerk

Trader Rating: (0)
TheJerk is making a name for him/her selfTheJerk is making a name for him/her selfTheJerk is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
200whp N/A KA (its real)

This should be shared with everyone.

Congrats to "Greaser"
Thread here:
http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=177042
TheJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2007, 12:09 AM   #2
TheJerk

TheJerk is making a name for him/her selfTheJerk is making a name for him/her selfTheJerk is making a name for him/her self
Double post.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:12 AM   #3
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Why does the exhaust manifold go the other way?

What'd he do to ignition?
Old 12-06-2007, 12:13 AM   #4
TheJerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
Why does the exhaust manifold go the other way?
What? I don't understand? I do know that manifold is a custom design he made in around 4 hours. It makes more power than the off the shelf Greddy 4-1 style header.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:15 AM   #5
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Wasn't knocking it.. just wondering if it exits out the front of the car or if it makes a 180 bend and flips over.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:17 AM   #6
motorsnail
Zilvia Addict

motorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to all
Quote:
Wasn't knocking it.. just wondering if it exits out the front of the car or if it makes a 180 bend and flips over.
Might just shoot straight down? I dunno seems like its agianst jesus or somthing. Cool though I wanna hear it.
motorsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:19 AM   #7
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
the exhaust manifold does look funny?
S13Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:21 AM   #8
TheJerk

Quote:
Supposedly, it bolts up to the exhaust like stock.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #9
CAP'NZenki
Leaky Injector

CAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to CAP'NZenki
yea it goes straight down and exits out of the bumper in front of the wheel....theres a vid link to youtube on the 18th post...
CAP'NZenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:25 AM   #10
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

I wanna see the rest of the exhaust then
Old 12-06-2007, 12:25 AM   #11
916S14
Zilvia Junkie

916S14 is making his/her stupidity well-known916S14 is making his/her stupidity well-known916S14 is making his/her stupidity well-known916S14 is making his/her stupidity well-known916S14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
i think that exhaust manifold goes out under the front bumper like all the little drag civics do? Dont know just a though.

Oops didnt see CAP'Nzemki's post. My bad.
916S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:26 AM   #12
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Yeah it's a side exit exhaust in front of the wheel. The ease of getting to that oil filter makes me jealous damn it!

EDIT: good god that thing SPITS HOT FIYA LIKE A DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2007, 12:32 AM   #13
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
Quote:
I wanna see the rest of the exhaust then
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfQ4eA626kM[/ame]
Old 12-06-2007, 12:33 AM   #14
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
why run SOHC pistons in a DOHC motor. I thought everyone did that in reverse to raise COMP. ratio in the SOHC. Or am I backwards.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:51 AM   #15
yarou
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
yarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
That video is sorta way fucking cool.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:08 AM   #16
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
It totally is fucking cool !!!
Sounds like a fun-machine
Old 12-06-2007, 01:09 AM   #17
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

that video made me happy in the pants.

HOLY SHIT that thing screams
Old 12-06-2007, 01:12 AM   #18
916S14
Zilvia Junkie

916S14 is making his/her stupidity well-known916S14 is making his/her stupidity well-known916S14 is making his/her stupidity well-known916S14 is making his/her stupidity well-known916S14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Wouldn't you get more power if you actually ran the exhaust out to the back end of the car?
916S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:39 AM   #19
240trooper
Zilvia Addict

240trooper is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to 240trooper Send a message via Yahoo to 240trooper
TIGHT ! he has youtube vid reving it, sounds nice

2.7L
240trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:56 AM   #20
rlpinoy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
rlpinoy has made poor choicesrlpinoy has made poor choicesrlpinoy has made poor choicesrlpinoy has made poor choicesrlpinoy has made poor choicesrlpinoy has made poor choicesrlpinoy has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
crazy ass shit! props man!
Old 12-06-2007, 02:04 AM   #21
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
Quote:
Originally Posted by 916S14 View Post
Wouldn't you get more power if you actually ran the exhaust out to the back end of the car?
like a rocket boost?

as long as it doesnt face oncoming air (it doesnt), its the exact same thing
Old 12-06-2007, 02:46 AM   #22
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
i think he may be talking about that old back-pressure-adding-power-to-a-certain-extent-theory-argument.

or the heat-assists-exhaust-flow-to-a-certain-extent-theory-argument.

whats that saying...

"beating a dead horse" i believe?
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:51 AM   #23
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach5camaross View Post
why run SOHC pistons in a DOHC motor. I thought everyone did that in reverse to raise COMP. ratio in the SOHC. Or am I backwards.
you're backwards. SOHC pistons + DOHC head = 11:1cr
Old 12-06-2007, 03:20 AM   #24
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
no thats puting a dualcam head on a single cam block

but its close enough.

I'm sure with actual highcomp pistons, shaved head and block, bored, and knife edge crank, distributer-less ignition, electric water pumps, and some more tuning I have no doubt that he will wring 230ish hp out of that thing.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:32 AM   #25
xamraci
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
xamraci will become famous soon enoughxamraci will become famous soon enoughxamraci will become famous soon enoughxamraci will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
haha...that video was awesome! Cool setup for sure...Props to him
Old 12-06-2007, 06:01 AM   #26
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
If a B16 can make 200 whp in NA why is it such a miracle that a 2.4L 4 cylinder can do it?

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #27
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
If a B16 can make 200 whp in NA why is it such a miracle that a 2.4L 4 cylinder can do it?
From what I under stand, he doesn't have a high compression built motor. I am not a honda guy but b16 CR ratios are above 10:1, and B16 can rev just under 9k stock....
Old 12-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #28
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
looks a little rich?

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:39 PM   #29
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kn1ves View Post

HOLY.............................................. ..............................FUCK
Old 12-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #30
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Hey, he's in the 757!

That's pretty cool, even cooler after reading his goals for the whole project.