Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-05-2007, 10:42 AM   #31
mikey0129
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
mikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dam im loving it

Last edited by mikey0129; 12-05-2007 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: double post for some reason?
mikey0129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2007, 10:43 AM   #32
mikey0129
Zilvia Member

mikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymore
dam i just slaped that biatch on and it feels like a rocket compared to a t25

thanks for all your help
mikey0129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:03 PM   #33
wzntha

Trader Rating: (2)
wzntha is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Last edited by wzntha; 09-20-2012 at 05:57 AM..
wzntha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:53 PM   #34
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Whenever upgrading turbos, you should upgrade fuel system/MAF/management - that doesn't mean you have to. You can probably run a GT28RS at 10lbs or so. You'll be able to feel the power cut when you start detonating, but it'll be too late... you'll already be running lean.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:24 AM   #35
motorsnail
Zilvia Addict

motorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Whenever upgrading turbos, you should upgrade fuel system/MAF/management - that doesn't mean you have to. You can probably run a GT28RS at 10lbs or so. You'll be able to feel the power cut when you start detonating, but it'll be too late... you'll already be running lean.
Yeah people dont liscen, he will blow his shit just like the last dude that made a "s15 t28 turbo will it work" thread. I am wondering why he even made the thread if he was going to slap it on anyways? But eh people learn from their own mistakes and he just made one
motorsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:40 AM   #36
Size

Size is on a distinguished road
x2^

chad.... your maf must have been on roids,

you can tap in a bit the center of the stock fuel pressure regualtor that will give a bit more pressure and a bit more for the 370's but

TOO LEAN IS NO GOOD< BOOM BOOM KABOOM!

bigger turbo, then get better management and more fuel. a simple as that
Size is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:39 AM   #37
issac
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
issac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah people dont liscen, he will blow his shit just like the last dude that made a "s15 t28 turbo will it work" thread. I am wondering why he even made the thread if he was going to slap it on anyways? But eh people learn from their own mistakes and he just made one

A wise man learns from the mistakes of others......... A fool learns from his own.
issac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #38
240SX2high2aim
Leaky Injector

240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore
Issac is right. Look, if you wanna push it sure it might work for a couple of days but your sacrificing the life of your engine. Your better running rich then lean. So I would get the 550cc injectors with the S15 turbo. And get some sort of a piggy-back fuel controller or if you have money then get an STAND ALONE ENGINE MANAGEMENT (so you can use the same thing to manage all your mods tell the very end), and a new MAF. It is a good investment because if you want more power you can slap on the GT2871r damn that shit is nice.
240SX2high2aim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:16 PM   #39
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
S15 turbo up to 10psi is perfectly fine on stock s13 SR. I would personally stick to stock boost and put race gas in at the track because I'm paranoid but I have had a friend running this setup for a long ass time. For most of that time he was even using a stock sidemount intercooler and 91 octane cali pissgas. He tracks it more than any of you guys and his motor is still running strong. He's had the same SR for at least 5 years now.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #40
wzntha

Trader Rating: (2)
wzntha is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Last edited by wzntha; 09-20-2012 at 05:57 AM..
wzntha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:07 PM   #41
DC5RACER
Leaky Injector

DC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymoreDC5RACER is not welcome here anymore
Well um guessing they put 480s on the 15 for a reason...maybe its cause of the BB turbo...don't be a cheapass when it comes to forced induction or your car will run like crap
Old 12-09-2007, 07:07 PM   #42
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Just measure MAF voltage on a long 3rd gear pull at different boost levels on a cold day and that will tell you what your safe boost level is - it's not that hard people. Don't guess, make sure your setup runs fine for you.

That said, 10 psi will almost surely be safe, but definitely getting close to maxxing the MAF out on cold days at low altitude.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:01 AM   #43
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
If you're going to run an upgraded turbo without a fuel and tuning upgrade, leave the boost stock. I don't have firsthand experience (not *yet*, I'm putting a GTiR T28 on my otherwise stock S13 SR), but you're begging for an explosion if you up the boost on an upgraded turbo and stock tune.

I was told that my GTiR T28 on stock S13 motor at 100% stock boost would be fine; I imagine that an S15 T28 would probably be fine as well?*

*this is just a guess, don't quote me
Old 12-10-2007, 08:20 AM   #44
statik
Zilvia FREAK!

statik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to statik Send a message via MSN to statik
I ran my GT28RS on stock injectors/maf at 10psi for a few months, just don't take it over 6800, mine came close to maxing the maf higher than that. It made 253hp @ 6300 and was still climbing steadily
Old 12-11-2007, 12:07 AM   #45
240SX2high2aim
Leaky Injector

240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by wzntha View Post
i plan on running it at 7 psi, so would that reduce the chance of running lean? i use it as a daily driver and im not trying to make huge amounts of power. the stock turbo doesn't seem like its in good condition, which is why i want to change it out. also, what size injectors would you recommend? 550? and if i change the maf, i would need something like an safc for it, right?
Lean means there is to much air. Rich is too much gas. PSI mean pounds per square inch. If you have less amount of air then you get less lean so yes if you run on lower boost you will kindof even it out BUT what is the point to that your just wasting the green for an S15 turbo and not using it. You could make the same power from the other with more boost. You get it its not worth it.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:17 AM   #46
240SX2high2aim
Leaky Injector

Hey sorry if this is out of the subject but i had my own questions and this is kind of in the same area. This is the mods I plan on doing when i do an SR20DET swap what do you think i should run PSI and how much you think i will make HP TQ.

STOCK injectors
STOCK TURBO
Z32 MAFS
ACT Street/Strip 372 ft/lbs clutch
Fadanza Aluminum Flywheel
B&M Short Shifter
Koyo Radiator
Oil Cooler (http://www.alamomotorsports.com/pmc/Cat_page07.html) (450hp)
Circuit Sports Coolant Tank

Greddy R-Spec FMIC (or should I get the SPEC M {wat is difference} Spec M is a lot more cheaper like 1/2 price)
Greddy Type RS BOV
Greddy Oil Pan
Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller
Greddy Auto Turbo Timer

Greddy Ti-C Exhaust (or Tanabe Concept G Blue Exhaust)

And then later on upgrade to a GT2871r, 740cc Injectors, Power FC
Old 12-11-2007, 12:37 AM   #47
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX2high2aim View Post
Hey sorry if this is out of the subject but i had my own questions and this is kind of in the same area. This is the mods I plan on doing when i do an SR20DET swap what do you think i should run PSI and how much you think i will make HP TQ.

STOCK injectors
STOCK TURBO
Z32 MAFS
ACT Street/Strip 372 ft/lbs clutch
Fadanza Aluminum Flywheel
B&M Short Shifter
Koyo Radiator
Oil Cooler (http://www.alamomotorsports.com/pmc/Cat_page07.html) (450hp)
Circuit Sports Coolant Tank

Greddy R-Spec FMIC (or should I get the SPEC M {wat is difference} Spec M is a lot more cheaper like 1/2 price)
Greddy Type RS BOV
Greddy Oil Pan
Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller
Greddy Auto Turbo Timer

Greddy Ti-C Exhaust (or Tanabe Concept G Blue Exhaust)

And then later on upgrade to a GT2871r, 740cc Injectors, Power FC
you didnt say which Sr you would be getting!
and you shouldnt budge into someone elses thread like this.
search

BTW:
THREADS OVER HE ALREADY PUT THE TURBO ON!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:16 AM   #48
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX2high2aim View Post
Lean means there is to much air. Rich is too much gas. PSI mean pounds per square inch. If you have less amount of air then you get less lean so yes if you run on lower boost you will kindof even it out BUT what is the point to that your just wasting the green for an S15 turbo and not using it. You could make the same power from the other with more boost. You get it its not worth it.
No.

And don't ask vague questions on a topic that's been beaten to death in someone else's thread. Make your own vague thread for that, so at least it'll be your thread that gets locked and not someone else's.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:23 AM   #49
-rip it up s13-
Leaky Injector

-rip it up s13- is on a distinguished road
im running a s15 t28 spec-r, and walburro 255l,stock fuel rail,stock injectors. at 9 p.s.i and its awesome dyno's at 237 whp and 221 t.q .. i have some other mods that helped with the turbo tho like greddy intake manifold,tubular turbo manifold,divorced turbo elbow,

but its been running great for about a year of hard abuse now