Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-11-2007, 08:08 PM   #1
rocksteady_racer
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
rocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her selfrocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her selfrocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rocksteady_racer Send a message via Yahoo to rocksteady_racer
s13 Fuel Question (Long Story) Short: White Smoke

Ok so I had to drill the block out and I finally got the rail and not leaking after a o-ring decided to break. Well anyway now white smoke that smells like fuel is pouring out the back. Anybody know what this could be? FPR not working properly, valve cover gasket? It's heavy white smoke that cleans up a little when it warms up but it's still quite noticeable. By the way it's been sitting for about 2 months if that could be the problem. Thanks in advance.
rocksteady_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2007, 08:17 PM   #2
nissan240sxkid
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
nissan240sxkid will become famous soon enoughnissan240sxkid will become famous soon enoughnissan240sxkid will become famous soon enoughnissan240sxkid will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
It could be leaky/damaged injector or most likely an oring is shot/dry rotted and just letting fuel pour into the motor
nissan240sxkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
pignose4life
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
pignose4life is just really nicepignose4life is just really nicepignose4life is just really nicepignose4life is just really nicepignose4life is just really nicepignose4life is just really nicepignose4life is just really nicepignose4life is just really nicepignose4life is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to pignose4life
head gasket maybe check the oil, if its creamy then its a head gasket. or do a compression test if 2 pistons in a row are low then its something with the head
pignose4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:25 PM   #4
rocksteady_racer
Zilvia Junkie

rocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her selfrocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her selfrocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to rocksteady_racer Send a message via Yahoo to rocksteady_racer
s13 Other Points

I don't think it's the head gasket because it revs up to 5 grand easily with no power loss.
And the car doesn't ride funny or anything. :-\
By checking the oil do you mean through the dipstick or dumping the oil out and looking at it? What does "creamy consist of" LoL. Is it like oil and another fluid mixed together or something?

By something with the head could it be the valve cover gasket cause somebody told me a while ago that was about to go? Or is white smoke not a sign of that?
Old 12-11-2007, 08:29 PM   #5
specialk2003
Zilvia Member

specialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of light
White smoke = coolant
Black smoke = fuel
Blue smoke = oil

Not sure how cold it is out where you are right now, but when it is cold outside, and you first start your car, there WILL be white smoke coming out of the exhaust. That is normal. It is just condensation that is evaporating from the heat of the exhaust. That would explain why it doesn't smoke so much when it is warm.

Are there any running problems?

I would double check all of your fuel connections. Maybe one of your hoses are leaking?
specialk2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:34 PM   #6
specialk2003
Zilvia Member

specialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of light
He means if you just pull the dipstick. It will look "milky" if there is coolant in the oil, and if it does, you will know when you see it. And the valve cover gasket and head gasket are 2 separate items.

And I don't know how a valve cover "looks like it is about to go," it either leaks or it doesn't.
specialk2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:39 PM   #7
rocksteady_racer
Zilvia Junkie

s13 Ok

Well it didn't look milky when I checked it. Thanks alot for all your help guys. It's probably just the water evaporating from the exhaust or something. I'll keep you guys posted if I come up with anything. I'll check again tomorrow when it's light out. Thanks for all your help everybody