Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-09-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
xi2iC3

Trader Rating: (0)
xi2iC3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fender and side skirt suggestion for my damage?

Hey guys, what overfender and side skirts would you suggest for my car's qp panel damage? Is it possible to fix the damage at a professional body shop rather than covering it up? What would you think the pricing would be, to get it fixed?

xi2iC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
looks like a pretty stock car - y would u want overfenders? the cost of fixing that at a shop may rival the price of another stock s13... to answer your other question, any overs and sideskirts will cover that area - but it'll be whack lookin with ur stock wheels and 4x4. they'll be like 500$ minimum for some cheapo ebay aero to cover it -

its your money - do what u think is right for you*

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #3
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
wow what happen?
S13Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #4
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
just deal with it for a while. get wheels/5lug,ect. then go aero to cover it up.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:13 PM   #5
xi2iC3

sounds like a good idea, does anyone think repairing that is worth it over an aero kit?
Old 12-09-2007, 05:17 PM   #6
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xi2iC3 View Post
sounds like a good idea, does anyone think repairing that is worth it over an aero kit?
nope.

get some wheels and then get overfenders and aero to fit the wheels.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:30 PM   #7
xi2iC3

aero? as in .. side skirts? sorry for being newb.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
fix the RUST
markyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:59 PM   #9
balls to the wall

balls to the wall is an unknown quantity at this point
Try and find a panel off a junk yard 240, cut it off, buy a cheap welder from home depot, cut your shitty panel off, and weld the new one up, it will be good practice.
balls to the wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:01 PM   #10
xi2iC3

This car is my daily driver, and it won't see much track time. I guess I'll try to get a professional body shop to fix the damage. Would you think getting another 240sx (2000-3000) is around the same price as the cost of repairing it?
Old 12-09-2007, 06:08 PM   #11
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by smelly240 View Post
looks like a pretty stock car - y would u want overfenders? the cost of fixing that at a shop may rival the price of another stock s13... to answer your other question, any overs and sideskirts will cover that area - but it'll be whack lookin with ur stock wheels and 4x4. they'll be like 500$ minimum for some cheapo ebay aero to cover it -

its your money - do what u think is right for you*
lol... He could fix it for $300-$500, unless he can find a clean dead chassis for that price. He is not going to find another car for that price, most likely, in the San Francisco bay area.

With that said I would ask the OP, did that happen after you bought it? Did you buy it that way? Have you thought of selling it and finding a cleaner car all together for more money?

I would say if your heart is set on keeping it have a body shop fix it. Its not a over fender and sideskirt situation especially like stated above it being a stock car.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:09 PM   #12
Skullavera
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Skullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Skullavera
Quote:
That depends on YOU. What do you want your car for? If it's going to be a track slut just get some aero and over fenders but you will be sunk like a battleship until you get some more appropriately sized wheels. Your kit will never line up well on that side and your over fender won't be flush with the door from what I can see in the damage on the pictures. If you're meticulous about the looks of the car and keeping it in prestine shape, then it's up to you whether you go about fixing it or getting another car. Body shops will charge varying prices for their work usually because of their quality of work and reputation. In the end, it's whatever it's worth to you.

Reviews/Feedback!
Skullavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:18 PM   #13
xi2iC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullavera View Post
That depends on YOU. What do you want your car for? If it's going to be a track slut just get some aero and over fenders but you will be sunk like a battleship until you get some more appropriately sized wheels. Your kit will never line up well on that side and your over fender won't be flush with the door from what I can see in the damage on the pictures. If you're meticulous about the looks of the car and keeping it in prestine shape, then it's up to you whether you go about fixing it or getting another car. Body shops will charge varying prices for their work usually because of their quality of work and reputation. In the end, it's whatever it's worth to you.

This car is my daily driver, and it won't see much track time. I guess I'll try to get a professional body shop to fix the damage. Would you think getting another 240sx (2000-3000) is around the same price as the cost of repairing it?
Old 12-09-2007, 07:53 PM   #14
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
It will not cost you $2000 to repair it. Unless your going to the, I want to be raped because I drive an expensive car body shop. LOL . A decent body shop could repair for what I stated above around $500 maybe a little more for nice work not more than 1k. The thing is do you want to spend that money on it? Or sell it and add that money into finding a nice clean car? It all depends on what you paid for your car and what you can sell it for.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 12-09-2007, 08:11 PM   #15
xi2iC3

To drift freaq, I bought the car this way, thinking QP damage would be an easy fix. But i was dead wrong. Well anyway, you just made my day so much better, letting me know that the cost PROBABLY wouldn't cost over a grand. I will definitely get this qp fixed for at most a grand if I have to. Thanks bro.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:12 PM   #16
xi2iC3

To drift freaq, I bought the car this way, thinking QP damage would be an easy fix. But i was dead wrong. Well anyway, you just made my day so much better, letting me know that the cost PROBABLY wouldn't cost over a grand. I will definitely get this qp fixed for at most a grand if I have to. Thanks bro.

Oh, and I purchased this car from a fellow zilvia member for 1700 cash.

heres the pic of the whole body.

clean title, 170k on chassis, and 80k on new ka motor. Body has little to no rust. Not sure if it's worth it with the body damage, but oh well too late now.

to me, it's definitely worth it,to fix the damage rather than covering it up.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:29 PM   #17
wonkuuzenki
Zilvia Junkie

wonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-known
BN Blister

Edit: post count of 240 tehe.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:04 AM   #18
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
that's a little more than i would have paid but i don't live in SF. you didn't get taken if that's what you're thinking.

definitely repair it. it looks like an otherwise solid car, worth keeping in one piece. think about everything required for a properly setup widebody. bare minimum...

widebody $500
paint $600
wheels $800
tires for new wheels $400
coilovers $800

that's about $3k

some of that you might do anyway, but you can space it out a little otherwise. not to mention you still have a stock engine with no power to push all that extra crap around.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:03 AM   #19
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:

heres the pic of the whole body.

clean title, 170k on chassis, and 80k on new ka motor. Body has little to no rust. Not sure if it's worth it with the body damage, but oh well too late now.

to me, it's definitely worth it,to fix the damage rather than covering it up.
ya , I would have paid around $1k maybe a little more at the most. $1700 is not bad. Given the condition of the rest of the car and the fact that it is a 5 speed though. For a private party its decent deal not a terrible deal. Definitely worth fixing given the overall shape of the rest of the car from the pics. Good luck and congrats you will have a good car when your done with repairs.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 12-11-2007, 11:15 AM   #20
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
you paid 1700 for an s13 with body damage? shit, mine was cherry when i bought it for 1500 :/
Old 12-11-2007, 03:26 PM   #21
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
you also don't live on the west coast.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #22
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
thank god for that.