Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-10-2007, 01:53 PM   #1
Bigballin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Bigballin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 Rear Tires dont last more than 100 miles

actually the rear tires last for about 300 milles then its completly bald. this started happening after i completed my 5 Lug conv. i replaced the whole rear knuckle for both sides (if that helps any). im pretty sure i know what the problem is but i would like some advice or info before i proceed to fix it.

thanks
Bigballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
240sxrb25
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
240sxrb25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
sounds like you have a heavy foot
240sxrb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:58 PM   #3
drifting.8
Zilvia Member

Location: What's heavier a pound of iron or a pound of feathers??
drifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to drifting.8
um.... dont mean to be an ass but the red square lets me know ur a noob.. as am i.. but do u have a welded diff? changin to 5 lug should't be the reason your tires are goin bald.. correct me if im wrong.

RB 25DET NiZTECH BUILT
drifting.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:58 PM   #4
wonkuuzenki
Zilvia Junkie

wonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-known
Check the toe in or out of the wheels, or for excessive amout's of camber.
do you have RUCA's? or any onther non-stock rear suspension parts?

Or you could try to lay off the gas a little bit

Is it only the inner portion of the tire or the complete thing?
Old 12-10-2007, 02:02 PM   #5
driftyour40
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
driftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
get an alignment.
driftyour40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:24 PM   #6
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
post pics show us how it looks like
S13Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #7
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifting.8 View Post
but do u have a welded diff?
Hahahah you're retarded.

I have welded diff, and my tires last for thousands of miles.

Obviously this is a toe in/out problem, that's the only logical explanation of this kind of wear (aside from drifting). Not even camber should wear this much tire that fast.

I suggest you see an alignment shop ASAP
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:53 PM   #8
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
you have a toe problem

get an alignment.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #9
Bigballin
Zilvia Member

Bigballin is an unknown quantity at this point
i figured it would be an alignment problem. just wanted to make sure. thanks for the replies!
Bigballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #10
wonkuuzenki
Zilvia Junkie

wonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-known
No problem.
you could even drive up to NM and i would gladly do it for you.

Oh wait, you wouldn't make it here, haha
Old 12-10-2007, 03:18 PM   #11
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold

What the others said : alignment !

Last edited by wannabe_drifter; 12-10-2007 at 05:04 PM..
wannabe_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #12
BoostinGST
Zilvia Addict

BoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant futureBoostinGST has a brilliant future
toe problem... if it were fwd it could be the wheel bearings but the fact that the rear wheels control how fast the car is moving tells you its the toe... get an alignment as the others said... and lighten up on the gas pedal
Old 12-10-2007, 04:49 PM   #13
pbcstylez
Nissanaholic!

pbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to pbcstylez
go fix you BIG toe

parking lot pimpin...

Seller Feedback here:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ight=pbcstylez
pbcstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:39 PM   #14
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Alignment problems probably caused from having stuff loose while doing your 5-lug swap.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #15
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i had the same issue. My brand new BFG's were gone in about 3 months and then my new falkens were gone in 3 months. So when i spent the bucks on nice tires for my new rims i went and got an alignment and sure enough it was way off. Gave them my own specs and now my new tires dont even show any sign of wear with about 1000 miles on um. Oh yeah i have a welded diff to.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #16
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
Alignment.

Welded diff won't do shit. I don't know why people always bitch about it. I drove with a welded diff for 2 years and I only had to change rear tires ONCE for my daily wheels (track was a different story)
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:23 PM   #17
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
I too, believe that its your Toe.

welded diff doesnt waste tires that fast. I use to rock welded
Old 12-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #18
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I have welded diff, and my tires last for dozens of oil changes, because I don't drift much...

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:31 PM   #19
drifting.8
Zilvia Member

Location: What's heavier a pound of iron or a pound of feathers??
drifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to drifting.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd View Post
Hahahah you're retarded.

I have welded diff, and my tires last for thousands of miles.

Obviously this is a toe in/out problem, that's the only logical explanation of this kind of wear (aside from drifting). Not even camber should wear this much tire that fast.

I suggest you see an alignment shop ASAP
its these kind of replies that show humilty on my part... thats why i put correct me if im wrong.. i did't ask u to be a dick. Ive obviously never had toe in/out problems on my car

RB 25DET NiZTECH BUILT
drifting.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:57 PM   #20
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifting.8 View Post
i did't ask u to be a dick.
It's the only way I know how to be!!!
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote