Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
Jeez I still remember talking to my cousin about this car. He said, "Hey that guy from Xceed Speed with the Camry bought a 240sx from some Laotian guy I know."

I knew from your Camry that this car would be sick. Good job man.
haha, thanks man. It's a small world for sure!

I don't have any pics since I didn't accomplish a lot over the weekend, but I did pull the front half of the cage and some interior panels in preparation for removing the dash. I also finished removing all of the factory tape/shielding from the chassis harness.

I am sort of at a standstill now until I get a replacement alternator to make sure that problem is solved before I pull the motor. I've found a shop that can source remanufactured SR20 alternators for $220- or it sounds like I can modify a KA one for $100. I haven't decided which route to go yet, but as soon as I sort that out I will start pulling the motor and ordering some goodies.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
t3hmobster

Trader Rating: (0)
t3hmobster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
man just read all 61 pages of your build thread and this s13 truly is amazing, I love the attention you put into detail and not half assing anything. Gives me inspiration for my build =] keep up the good work can't wait too see more
t3hmobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #3
tabasco122
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
tabasco122 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
haha, thanks man. It's a small world for sure!

I don't have any pics since I didn't accomplish a lot over the weekend, but I did pull the front half of the cage and some interior panels in preparation for removing the dash. I also finished removing all of the factory tape/shielding from the chassis harness.

I am sort of at a standstill now until I get a replacement alternator to make sure that problem is solved before I pull the motor. I've found a shop that can source remanufactured SR20 alternators for $220- or it sounds like I can modify a KA one for $100. I haven't decided which route to go yet, but as soon as I sort that out I will start pulling the motor and ordering some goodies.
just find an old KA one, get it rebuilt and swap your sr pulley onto it. the only modification needed is the pulley swap and you have to drill one hole a bit bigger. i used a s13 KA24DE alt on my s13 blacktop and its been working for a few thousand miles so far, its good.
tabasco122 is offline   Reply With Quote