Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-12-2019, 09:53 PM   #1
Waggzz

Trader Rating: (0)
Waggzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
240sx rust repair

Hey guys new to the forum and I have 240 with lots of rust and I’m wanting to eventually put in ls in it. I have fallen in love with the car but someone has ruined with spray foam and welding floor patches with no gas. I have the skill to fix it and not really the extra money to go buy a clean rolling 240. So I’m really just looking for advise from some of the more experienced 240 guys on steps to go about my repairs and tips for doing them. Or if the car is even worth the trouble? Again I’m in love with the car and would like to get it sitting pretty again! Thanks in advance!
Waggzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggzz View Post
Hey guys new to the forum and I have 240 with lots of rust and I’m wanting to eventually put in ls in it. I have fallen in love with the car but someone has ruined with spray foam and welding floor patches with no gas. I have the skill to fix it and not really the extra money to go buy a clean rolling 240. So I’m really just looking for advise from some of the more experienced 240 guys on steps to go about my repairs and tips for doing them. Or if the car is even worth the trouble? Again I’m in love with the car and would like to get it sitting pretty again! Thanks in advance!
if you have the skill and the time, what exactly do you need OUR advice for?

my opinion is, there are still more than enough CLEAN shells floating around that you won't need to spend a month fixing rust just to save one from the junkyard.

if you want actual reasonable valuable advice, you need to provide us with actual photos of the extent of the rust. one man's idea of "some rust" is another mans idea of "this is trash"

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:40 PM   #3
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
has 'skills' to fix it, asks for zilvia's help, doesnt include any pictures.

also cant afford a shell, but has a planned LS swap down the line. #priorities
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:15 PM   #4
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
if you have the skill and the time, what exactly do you need OUR advice for?

my opinion is, there are still more than enough CLEAN shells floating around that you won't need to spend a month fixing rust just to save one from the junkyard.

if you want actual reasonable valuable advice, you need to provide us with actual photos of the extent of the rust. one man's idea of "some rust" is another mans idea of "this is trash"
While I agree with your notion, I wouldn't necessarily say there are "more than enough" floating around. Also fixing a very cancer ridden car in a month would be super impressive.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:55 PM   #5
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
pics
year
pics of everything

then we say what do
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:41 PM   #6
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Wouldn't expect anything less from a 2019'er from a corn field. Google must be blocked on his computer.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote