Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Stolen Goods

Stolen Goods Report stolen cars, parts, girlfriends, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
PlatinumPresto.info

Trader Rating: (0)
PlatinumPresto.info is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation My RX7 Chopped up by Alex Ancino of Side Run Garage in Broward

Well, last week i got a call from plantation police department at 115pm:

ME: "Hello"
PD: "Do you own a burgundy RX7"
Me: "yes, why?"
PD: "You have less than 24hours to move it"
Me: "from my mechanic's shop.. or his mothers house?"
PD: "What?... um, no... we have it here in your complex at plantation gardens, but it has no wheels"
ME: "WHAT?"
PD: "YOU have less than 24hours to move it or it gets TOWED"
ME: "NO, i dont live in plantation gardens, i live in pompano beach"
PD: "well sir, your car has no wheels and is on jackstands, it has been sitting here for a while now. Look, if you want to make a police report you have to come down here and make it yourself."
ME: "............................................. .... ..........."
PD: "Sir, are you their?"
ME: "YEH, whatever...thanks" [i then hang up]

when i arrive i noticed the car was missing just about everything and on jackstands.... 3 parking spaces from his friends car, Bert... where Bert lives. Bert denies he knows nothing of this.

Alex chopped my car up and sold the parts to other people because i could not afford to give him the last 1000.00 since i lost my job in December. We agreed on 3000.00 for a an engine install (complete ka-t setup)... of which i gave him 1500 up front... then 400.00 then next month b4 a month later he chops my car up.

im not saying alex or bert or anyone who deals with side run garage are bad people... just saying that they do not know how to do buisness the right way.. like chopping up other peoples cars.

if you see my parts on anyone else's car please IM me.... thanks

main missing parts include a KADE-T engine and tranny & 18" SSR Viena Dish, other parts missing are easily found on other cars.

Bert n Alex towing my car away

Last edited by PlatinumPresto.info; 02-21-2009 at 01:49 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
Jdm.I.Am
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Jdm.I.Am is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jdm.I.Am
wow that blows man, hope everything works out for you, i would kill a motherfu*ker if i was you..

Old 02-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
PlatinumPresto.info

thanks, but i couldnt kill em, they are, were... some cool people...

...but very bad business ethics... very bad
Old 02-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #4
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
wow... this is why I don't take my shit to shops, same thing happened to my homies r6...
Old 02-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Whatever.

It's your fault in the first place.

Not having a job isn't their problem.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
PlatinumPresto.info

thanks zar, your posts are always positive.....................
Old 02-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #7
Jdm.I.Am
Zilvia Junkie

Jdm.I.Am is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Jdm.I.Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Whatever.

It's your fault in the first place.

Not having a job isn't their problem.
you are stupid, how is getting his car stripped his fault, i could see taking the rims or aero or something worth 1k off the car and giving the car back to him, not totally stripping it and dumping the car.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #8
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdm.I.Am View Post
you are stupid, how is getting his car stripped his fault, i could see taking the rims or aero or something worth 1k off the car and giving the car back to him, not totally stripping it and dumping the car.
If owed them money, him not having a job really isn't a problem of theirs.

Not to mention if his car is at their shop (was it?) and he isn't paying storage fees, it's even more reason for them to dispose of it.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #9
qt_240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
qt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
do you have any documentation of the business transaction?? I'm sure you can file suit..
Old 02-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #10
PlatinumPresto.info

Quote:
If owed them money, him not having a job really isn't a problem of theirs.

Not to mention if his car is at their shop (was it?) and he isn't paying storage fees, it's even more reason for them to dispose of it.

... thats why OFFICIAL shops have whats called a LIEN......

...but shady shops have whats called, "stealing from your customers"
Old 02-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #11
PlatinumPresto.info

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt_240 View Post
do you have any documentation of the business transaction?? I'm sure you can file suit..

yes i do... i planned on doing that but i stopped because he said he would sue me... so ill see what he brings to the table...

"yes sir, i stole his car sir because he owed me money"
Old 02-21-2009, 02:28 PM   #12
!Zar!
Post Whore!

"No I did not steal the car in question your honor. After X months the owner did not pay me nor remove his car from my property according to law "xxxxx" after so many days I can legally gain property of it due to it being abandoned."
Old 02-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #13
98koukile
Zilvia Addict

98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough
If it was less than a month, he has no right to do this and only has the right to get what you owe him back. What can he sue you for? I'd talk to a lawyer ASAP
Old 02-21-2009, 02:38 PM   #14
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
"No I did not steal the car in question your honor. After X months the owner did not pay me nor remove his car from my property according to law "xxxxx" after so many days I can legally gain property of it due to it being abandoned."
If they gained ownership of it he wouldn't have been contacted when the cops found it stripped.

Why didn't you follow this up with the reporting officer that called you? Why didn't you file a report stating that the car was supposed to be in the care of the shop? The vehicle theft detectives should be interested in this. You seem to aloof in all this.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #15
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
If they gained ownership of it he wouldn't have been contacted when the cops found it stripped.
Not full ownership.

But he say he has the right to it based off of it being, "abandoned" no?
Old 02-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #16
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Not full ownership.

But he say he has the right to it based off of it being, "abandoned" no?
There is a legal method to mechanics liens and the such. They have 90 days with no work done or parts added then send a Notice to Owner(certified mail). Then then the owner has 60 days to respond to the Notice that they are going to contest the lien or not. If not they have up to a year to foreclose on the lien (car). If he does they have 20days. The lien amount has to be over $2500.

It doesn't seem to have been that long since he talked to them. Disposing of it in a apt complex it not a proper way to dispose of a vehicle. It would be in the shops name and they would have called them not him. So I do not think they have any case to do what they did.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #17
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
theres always 2 sides to a story
Old 02-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #18
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
BoostedCoupe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
That is what i was thinking. Yes it sucks that they took parts of your car. But what were the suppouse to do? i mean you havent payed them in over 2 months. It wasnt their fault you lost your job. I mean im sure the shop owners are in the business to make money and not do people favors. They gave you almost 3 months then from what it sounds like took parts off to = the value of the work that was done. Now how they "dumped" it thats diffrent. They should have called you and said you have so and so weeks befor we will start taking things off to equale the value of the work done.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #19
amdnivram
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
amdnivram is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to amdnivram
i'd say go have a talk with him and your bat. Alleys are always nice, especially if he lets you borrow his car keys after. Any kinda theft from me, would involve the other party going to the hospital, and possibly losing a body part. Even if you did owe them money, in no way is taking back the engine they installed and stripping your car equal to 1k, if they stripped your car, does that equal to you stripping their car while putting them in a hospital? According to their math it is.

http://silaudrey.blogspot.com/
Old 02-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #20
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
sucks man, hopefully you work things out and get compensated. Your car was pretty "unique" .
Loosing your job happens, and its freaking tough to get another one right now.

I also agree next time man if you can start learning to do it yourself so you can avoid situations like these. But you said you where doing a KA-T swap in there, never seen that one b4.

Did you post this in the fc section of rx7club? hmm but i know on that forum, those assholes will say you deserved because of the way your car looks *dudes over there are really closed minded about exterior modifications and wheels*
Old 02-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #21
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
this is why you pay with money up front always...

talk to the mechanic be cool about it and try to get your stuff back, pay him the money you owe him and get your stuff back.. hopefully.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:07 AM   #22
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRas View Post
this is why you pay with money up front always...

talk to the mechanic be cool about it and try to get your stuff back, pay him the money you owe him and get your stuff back.. hopefully.
I would be careful about paying people up front. Sometimes if you do that they get quite lazy about doing the work and take forever. They have no incentive to finish the job because they have been paid already.

Oh and the way that shop took his car and did what they did is completely illegal. Possession is not 9 tenths of the law.

Plus if the shop does not inform a person that they will be charged storage fee's for leaving a car or engine there they cannot claim it after the fact. If they legally file a lien the owner can pick the item up for whats owed.

They can only be held responsible for storage fee's if they were previously informed of the possibility of storage fees in advance.

Now with all that said any responsible shop or person will inform the owner that they need to pick the item be it car or whatever. Not informing them is no excuse for holding there car or item hostage. I.E. if a shop moves or a person moves with someones possession it basic honest behavior requires them to inform the person so they can get their item.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 02-22-2009, 12:37 AM   #23
m4nfred

m4nfred is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to m4nfred
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwKouki View Post
theres always 2 sides to a story
weeerd, this is getting ridiculous
Old 02-22-2009, 01:52 AM   #24
CrazyIvan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
CrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
pics of the car in its current condition??
Old 02-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #25
amdnivram
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
amdnivram is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to amdnivram
i'm pretty sure you can get your stuff back legally. bbb? courts? good ole fashion beating?

http://silaudrey.blogspot.com/
Old 02-27-2009, 02:03 AM   #26
kornaz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
kornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kornaz Send a message via Yahoo to kornaz
I laughed. YOU are the reason this shit happened. Have the funds in ADVANCE for shit you get done to your car, or this or something similar will happen. I mean, what does it take to be a grown up? AND, lien shit in Cali is 30 days. Man up, and take care of your own fucked up shit.
The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #27
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornaz View Post
I laughed. YOU are the reason this shit happened. Have the funds in ADVANCE for shit you get done to your car, or this or something similar will happen. I mean, what does it take to be a grown up? AND, lien shit in Cali is 30 days. Man up, and take care of your own fucked up shit.
He's not in Cali and the shop didn't do anything legally.

The question is, why is he not going to the cops and then suing them?
Old 02-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #28
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
sue those mother fuckers they had no right to do that without a warning. keep us updated
Old 02-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #29
PlatinumPresto.info

hey guys, i forgot to suscribe to the thread, a few things to clear up

-I DID make a police report
-His shop isnt official, he is doing some jobs to collect monmey to start his shop officialy(which he didnt)
-since his 'shop' wanst official, he could not do a lien
- his plate # is

...and yes, my car had a KA-T v-mount setup with megasquirt... but i didnt take possesion of the car in december(when i had some of the moneyt and i lost my job) because the install was all sloppy spagitti wire looms everywhere, he didnt install any of the gauges, & weld the diff as he agreed.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:59 AM   #30
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't have work done to your car you don't have money for. Still agree with OP about shop's bad ethics. Would not take my car there for work.
Closed Thread