Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Media Forum / Pictures / Videos

Media Forum / Pictures / Videos Forum dedicated to media, such as pictures and videos.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
XnTroubleX
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
XnTroubleX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Cleaned up the trunk

Well the PO had installed a effin ricer wing on the hatch and then guess he realized it wasnt cool, removed it and siliconed the holes but they still leaked. So without knowing my hatch was still leaking a lil when it rained. well the carpet in the back is 20 years old, stained, ripped, and looked like ass, So this is what I did. I pulled the spare tire and cleaned out all the water and cleaned the metal real good. I could have recarpeted it but figured it would have been a pain in the ass.. SO i decided I would do a 1inch thick base with plywood, this is the steps I took.

First I used construction paper to make a stencil of the outline edges.
I then transfered that to a piece of cheap wall paneling, Decided i would use something cheap and thin to make a second stencil with in case I messed up. I did not use a normal jigsaw I used a scrolling blade type, the saw has a knob on top that controls the rotating blade, it makes it much easier when cutting curves.

After I cut the panleing I used a basic 4x1 about 4 feet long to mark a straight line down the center because it would not go into the trunk whole.I used a blade knife to cut the stright line due to it would have been a pain in the ass trying to cut that with the saw on saw horses,

After I did that I test fitted the two pieces in the car and I was pleased that my original paper jig transfered very well and I didnt need to make any changes. I then transfered the stencil onto the plywood one side at a time and cut them out as well

After cutting both sides I placed them in the trunk and was very pleased with the fitment.

I still plan on carpeting the pieces black with speaker box carpet but gotta wait till I get some, Im also going to make a piece that gooes on the backside of the rear seat, also carpeted with the same material. Im going to sand the edges of these so that the carpet has a better foundation to glue to, Ill update when I get more progress done. I have roadside assistance so Im not really worried about needing a spare. Im also going to do a custom made speaker box that would slide into the square shaped area right behind the rear seat. Im going to add some shape to it so it doesnt look like a store bought speaker box.
XnTroubleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That looks......good?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
sweet extra weight